PDA

View Full Version : AST contingency

Wirtz
02-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Hey all,

I was talking with Brian from AST USA and he has put a contingency deal in place with NASA for this season. Details here;

http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms/2010/ast_contingency_info.pdf

Check it out and get in touch with Brian if you have any questions.

Jeff

jeremiahkellam
02-04-2010, 08:55 AM
So is this "Regional" or "National"?? It says both...??

Wirtz
02-04-2010, 09:51 AM
It is confusing the way it is written, but I took it as a "National" program in that it is all NASA Regions....

"Duration All 2010 NASA Regional Races"

jeremiahkellam
02-04-2010, 10:03 AM
So they are going to pay $500 for a regional win?? WOW!!!

Alien
02-04-2010, 10:13 AM
So they are going to pay $500 for a regional win?? WOW!!!

Better yet is the $250 for a 5th place! Could make the last lap interesting for the 4th/5th place clossing the s/f line. "You go first" "No Yugo" "I insist!"

4 5th place finishes (1 a weekend) and that's $400 - $250 = $150 a shock/strut!

kbrewmr2
02-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Product Credit - that'd be outrageously generous if it was a cash award though :shock: 8)

chris-CMC#35
02-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I can see the value for AI / AIX cars, but CMC...?

On the other hand, some of this stuff might be fun on the daily driver.

-chris

jeremiahkellam
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Jeff has been working with AST since early last season. They have put together packages for his 3rd gen. I have been in contact with them as well about doing a package for my CMC2 SN95. AST-USA is based in the Dallas area, and as Jeff will tell you, they have great support. I think this is hugely generous of them and I am looking forward to working with them in the near future

Wirtz
02-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Yes, exactly. Very cool in my opinion that AST has been willing to work with me on the CMC shock given the cost rules. Papa Hood now has a set as well so WATCH OUT! It really is more in their interest to go work with the GTS type guys ;)

I would recommend that anyone that is considering the program, or has some interest in what AST could offer, please give Brian a call (his info is on the contingency form). Let him know you run with the Texas AI / CMC group.

As far as I know, Brian will also be out at MSR-C.

Jeff

Al Fernandez
02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Very cool deal! Too bad I didnt know about last week :lol:

mitchntx
02-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I DLed their application guide and I don't see any love for the 4th gens ...

Wirtz
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
You need to call Brian. To be honest, the majority of the cars we are playing with are not currently covered in their standard lineup. But I know there has been several requests for a 4th gen setup, and last I heard Brian was working on it.

Rob Liebbe
02-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Good job Jeff. AST even promotes their results.

http://ast-usa.com/blog/

Todd Covini
06-25-2010, 09:37 PM
AST is really stepping up their game and isn't just a local company. Hope to see them grow as a company.

Support companies that support the racers.

Wirtz
06-26-2010, 07:51 AM
If anyone still wants AST contingency stickers, I have a small pile of them to hand out.

jeremiahkellam
06-26-2010, 08:00 AM
The Mustang sets are available!! I've been very happy with the rear dampers we've been running since TWS. I just got my front struts on Thursday. They are sexyyyyyyyyy!!!! They are going on today. Watch out!!! :twisted:

Gunter, Miguel, Sam, Jordan, Wade, Boudy - I think there are 4 sets, and 6 of you.... Get your set now!!!!!

David Love AI27
06-28-2010, 11:28 AM
If anyone still wants AST contingency stickers, I have a small pile of them to hand out.

They attracted a lot of attention at Harris Hill.... too bad I didn't have the shocks to test...

jeremiahkellam
06-28-2010, 09:58 PM

They attracted a lot of attention at Harris Hill.... too bad I didn't have the shocks to test...

Test??? They already come with the special "Wirtz" valving package... The instructions in the box read: 1. Install 2. Go fast!!!!

Fbody383
06-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Test??? They already come with the special "Wirtz" valving package... The instructions in the box read: 1. Install 1a. Apply Zaino 2. Go fast!!!!
Fixed.

Great; another faster third gen. Hey, Gary of Blue Helmet... don't get these.

GlennCMC70
06-29-2010, 10:04 AM

Test??? They already come with the special "Wirtz" valving package... The instructions in the box read: 1. Install 2. Go fast!!!!

Shows how good you are at following simple instructions.
You went fast before you installed them. Rookies. :roll:

David Love AI27
06-29-2010, 10:10 AM

Instructions??? what the heck are those????

Fbody383
06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Shows how good you are at following simple instructions. You went fast before you installed them. Rookies. :roll: I don't have no winners stickers on my car. How can I know anything about shocks... I don't even know what swaybars are on my car.

Just might have to make a call to the AST boys; of course the first thing they'll ask is spring rates and swaybars.