PDA

View Full Version : Team LAW Motorsports Enduro Crew needed!

GlennCMC70
02-22-2010, 02:20 PM
The 6hr Enduro is fast approching. As usuall we will needs lots of helping hands to defend our Class and Overall win from last year.
As always I hope all my previous crew returns, but as always life gets in the way. So if you want to be part of the LAW Enduro Crew let me know. I do not think I have ever turned anyone away.

AllZWay
02-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Glenn... Is the Enduro going to be on Saturday again this year?

GlennCMC70
02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Thats what I'm told.
1pm to 7pm.

GlennCMC70
02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Guys, I typed that while driving so I was a bit short.

Over the last couple of years the LAW Motorsports Crew has been very sucessfull in the Enduro races. In 2008 we took a class win in a 4 hour "sprint" and 3rd overall. What!?!? 3rd overall in a Camaro? wow! Post race we crunched the numbers and it was our pit stops that got us that class win. Most importantly it was the crew that performed durring those stops that got a class win by less than 20 seconds.
In 2009 we took another class win, but added an overall win to it. Once again we crunched the numbers and all things pointed to pitstops being the thing that stood out.
Whats the point of all this? The point is to say Thanks to all the crew from past events. These enduro's are a welcome deviation from the sprint race format. If you have not raced in a long race like this, your really missing out. If you cant do it yourself, crew for a team who can.

So, I need volunteers to help defend the title and represent AI/CMC.

any takers?

mitchntx
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Lots of great stories come out of these ...

Fbody383
02-22-2010, 09:58 PM
any takers?

I don't know if I can put up with Glenn that long, but I think Mitch is a good egg.

I'm planning on being there for the whole weekend anyway, might as well stay busy doing something and learning more of the LAW Magic.

What's the CMC/2 race schedule that weekend?

GlennCMC70
02-22-2010, 09:59 PM
I've kicked off an email to a few folks. If you helped in the past and didnt see an email from me, dont be offended. Its likely due to me not having a good email addy for you. If you want to be on the list, email me at:
Glenn_Landrum (at) msn (dot) com

michaelmosty
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I'd love to help out for the team, let me know what I can do.
e-mail sent.

GlennCMC70
02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
I'd love to help out for the team, let me know what I can do.
e-mail sent.

are you not helping your brother again this year?

michaelmosty
02-22-2010, 10:07 PM
His car is about 90% ready for Cresson but no plans to do the enduro.

mitchntx
02-23-2010, 07:17 AM
I don't know if I can put up with Glenn that long

I know what you mean ...

But look at it like I do ... it's only 3 hours. He'll be in the car the first 3.

ShadowBolt
02-23-2010, 08:54 AM
So another year we get screwed out of track time because of the enduro. Have it on Friday so it does not hurt everyone else. I have no problem with you guys running a 6 hour event (I know some of you really love doing it) but I wish it was not run on a Sat. or Sun.
Anyone else feel that way that has the balls to say it?

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Jerry, even those of us who like the enduro do not like it upsetting the schedule of the race weekend. BUT!!!!!!!! In order for this to get off the ground and stand on its own two feet, the event must grow. Once it grows large enough, we will see it move to its own weekend.
So what I'm saying is - You need to enter the event so the car count will increase so you can get rid of it from your April TWS race weekend.

Big picture painting time......
Cali has the 25hr.
What if Texas held a 12 hour at a point in the year that would be a "prep" for the 25hr. It would be ideal to have it somewhat central in the US, and in a location where weather is rarely a factor. The 25 seems to always have cold temps and lots of fog.

The 25hr race has helped put NASA on the map. Its a big deal for NASA Cali. Texas could benifit from an event like this. In Cali, the local news does live shoots from there during the weekend. This event could do alot for Texas.

ShadowBolt
02-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Jerry, even those of us who like the enduro do not like it upsetting the schedule of the race weekend. BUT!!!!!!!! In order for this to get off the ground and stand on its own two feet, the event must grow. Once it grows large enough, we will see it move to its own weekend.
So what I'm saying is - You need to enter the event so the car count will increase so you can get rid of it from your April TWS race weekend.

Big picture painting time......
Cali has the 25hr.
What if Texas held a 12 hour at a point in the year that would be a "prep" for the 25hr. It would be ideal to have it somewhat central in the US, and in a location where weather is rarely a factor. The 25 seems to always have cold temps and lots of fog.

The 25hr race has helped put NASA on the map. Its a big deal for NASA Cali. Texas could benifit from an event like this. In Cali, the local news does live shoots from there during the weekend. This event could do alot for Texas.

NASA Texas and looking at the "Big Picture"?

That is funny!

JJ

David Love AI27
02-23-2010, 10:49 AM
NASA Texas and looking at the "Big Picture"?

That is funny!

JJ

ROFLMFAO!!!

Sorry, my bad... Jerry, in defense of NASATX (No, I'm not drunk), "My Laps" were posted immediately and we got a race writeup. TWO positives and hope that this trend will continue... (what the heck is wrong with me??)

NOW, if we can stop Glenn from making up the rules as he goes along... (AAAHHHH thats better!!)

{{puts down stick and crawls away}}... nuttin but lub, Mr. February

Fbody383
02-23-2010, 11:55 AM
But look at it like I do ... it's only 3 hours. He'll be in the car the first 3. See, you do know how to make it work.

Email sent.

Anyone else feel that way that has the balls to say it? Cinching it up. I too would like more of "my" racing but would also like to see more coverage, thus more interest in what we do. Would be AWESOME to have Spec Miata sized pony car races. So you gonna hep a CMC brutha out?

Oh, and keep being blunt - my kind of guy.

kbrewmr2
02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
hey Glenn if you end up with extra crew I could use some :lol: :oops:

If the enduros were done every weekend I could understand the gripes. But they aren't...

jus sayin

ShadowBolt
02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
hey Glenn if you end up with extra crew I could use some :lol: :oops:

If the enduros were done every weekend I could understand the gripes. But they aren't...

jus sayin

We get six racing weekends a year. I don't want to lose a single race out of any of them. If the enduro is worth doing it should have to stand on it's on feet. Just like the government, NASA forces us give to support something we may not care anything about (unless you skip the whole weekend). How much has this thing grown in the three years? Does it look like next year or the next it will be large enough to support itself? How many years do we wait?

Please don't misunderstand. I have no issue with NASA holding an enduro. None of my business if it's not costing me track time. I know some really enjoy it but how many years do you give it to be able to support itself? Maybe I'm one of the few that care?

JJ

jeffburch
02-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Time to move the Texas Mile to TWS and call it the Texas 2 mile.
Standing start on the flat apron.

Dedicated weekend, 2 mile on Fri-Sat and the Enduro on Sun.

jb

kbrewmr2
02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
so you're just unhappy about having a 3 race weekend instead of 4? Don't switch regions then (most are 2) or to a different class (I only get 3 per weekend). I'm a little biased the other way because I *really* enjoy the longer races, strategy, planning, etc.

To each their own. Vote early & often?

ShadowBolt
02-23-2010, 02:50 PM
To each their own.

Correct

Al Fernandez
02-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Alright, this isnt a "which region gets better bang for the buck" thread... :lol:

For the record I hate the fact that the enduro cuts down sprint racing time but doesnt cut down sprint racing fees. IMHO it should be either both or neither.

Glenn, I'm IN!

Todd Covini
02-24-2010, 12:19 AM
I'll be on the other side of the wall and for the record...
I know "this isn't Grand Am". :D

-=- T