PDA

View Full Version : Wheel studs

David Love AI27
03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Does anyone have an "in" with BAER??? I need wheel studs from them and I left two messages and 3 other times they didn't even answer their phone... I called ARP and talked to the owner and he says that ARP is the supplier BUT the studs are special ordered from BAER and he can't sell them to the public...

MikeP99Z
03-15-2010, 02:40 PM
What is the ARP part number?

David Love AI27
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
What is the ARP part number?

No part number... I had a long conversation with the owner of ARP and he said they are special engineered and supplied to BAER only... They ARE stamped ARP, tho...

MikeP99Z
03-15-2010, 02:55 PM
ok, maybe Adam can get his hands on the actual part number. Or if someone knows it, or is a Baer dealer, etc.

I just need the number to submit various inquiries.

David Love AI27
03-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I will get you the specs by tomorrow... I think I have a BAER hub part number...

donovan
03-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I have tried many times to get these cheaper from other suppliers, Bear is the only place to get them.

ARP made a deal with them to be the only supplier.

DD

David Love AI27
03-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I have tried many times to get these cheaper from other suppliers, Bear is the only place to get them.

ARP made a deal with them to be the only supplier.

DD

I don't mind paying for them... I just can't believe they don't return phone calls or in most cases don't even answer. No wonder their stuff is expensive... Marshall can have these hubs redrilled in less time that it takes BAER to return a phone call

RichardP
03-15-2010, 07:16 PM
I thought Maximum Motorsports sold these also (for the same absurd cost)?

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=48_135

Richard P.

David Love AI27
03-15-2010, 08:06 PM
I thought Maximum Motorsports sold these also (for the same absurd cost)?

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=48_135

Richard P.

I have these ARP studs... bought 3 packs of 5 for $30.00 on Ebay... they don't fit the hubs that I'm using.... Like DD said... BAER contracted ARP to manufacture "BAER" studs... OH... and if you modify the hubs it voids the waranty...

marshall_mosty
03-15-2010, 09:23 PM
...and if you modify the hubs it voids the waranty...David,
I promise that if you take the hub apart and regrease with some high quality stuff, the hub will last longer than the warranty period...

donovan
03-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I concur with MM...

The set I just removed has three Hard seasons on them, and they feel great, repacked them new with Mobil 1. Repacked again for spares, that I hope to never use!!

DD

RichardP
03-15-2010, 10:09 PM
I've never failed a hub that was repacked with good grease before it ever went on the car...

Richard P.

David Love AI27
03-15-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm not worried about that... I completely understand that type of care... the issue is: should the hub crack because I press in a stud that is NOT a BAER stud then they won't cover it... I have replaced bearings and races in hubs for 30 years and never had an issue...

I'll try leaving another message...

marshall_mosty
03-16-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm not worried about that... I completely understand that type of care... the issue is: should the hub crack because I press in a stud that is NOT a BAER stud then they won't cover it... I have replaced bearings and races in hubs for 30 years and never had an issue...

I'll try leaving another message...David,
Just make sure that you match the new stud with the right size drill bit... shouldn't crack.