PDA

View Full Version : NASA Summer Shootout at Hallett

Al Fernandez
04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
The inaugural Summer Shootout at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit June 12th and 13th is a must attend event for any serious AI/CMC competitor. No event shy of the NASA Championships has the amount of track time or the size of fields that you’ll see at the Shootout.

The Summer Shootout Champion will be the winner of the main event of the weekend: a 40 minute, standing start firefight for all of the glory. Special Summer Shootout awards will be given to those fast enough to earn them. The grid to this winner take all race will be determined through cumulative points earned during three 30 minute qualifying races. That’s a total of 2hrs and 10 minutes of green flag time!!!

Since both the Texas and Rocky Mountain regions use the Hallett weekend as part of their regional championships, all four races will enable drivers to earn points towards those. The first race and the main event race will both be eligible for Toyo contingencies as well. The two middle races will both be inverted grids based on the finish order of the previous race respectively.

Over two hours of racing, in a field expected to be over 40 cars, on a short and tight course, with a Championship style format, and the endless BBQ party Saturday night…the Summer Shootout at Hallett is a weekend that you simply cannot miss!!

michaelmosty
04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Wow, simply awesome!!!!
I'll bring extra brake pads. 8)

jeremiahkellam
04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
It is on!!

Boudy, how bout them pads??

Fbody383
04-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Holy Cow!

Now I can call long bike rides a training event.

I think my brake budget just went up too.

Since we're going to burn all that gas, are minimum weights going down? Except for those mouse motored Fords, of course ~ they're economical.

michaelmosty
04-09-2010, 06:14 PM
It is on!!

You're gonna need more than brake pads BITCH!! :twisted:

Fbody383
04-09-2010, 07:02 PM
It is on!!

Ah, the repartee between the upstart rookie cum national event podium finisher and the Rhinestone Cowboy.

I do so love CMC/2.

Wirtz! You coming?

jeremiahkellam
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
It is on!!

Who said anything about BRAKE pads, BITCH!!

I'm bringing you some Kotex...

David Love AI27
04-09-2010, 09:49 PM
It is on!!

Who said anything about BRAKE pads, BITCH!!

I'm bringing you some Kotex...

U 2 better quit grabassin' around back there and figure out how you are going to "out qual" Mr. Wirtz... If he puts CMC up front again I will NOT agree to move to the back...

AllZWay
04-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I actually had a blast driving up through the CMC cars last year. I should have won an award for the most cars passed all weekend. :lol:

Boudy
04-10-2010, 02:31 PM
It is on!!

Got you covered home slice. Just PM me make and model desired.

Boudy

AI#97
04-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Wow....a 40 minute race at hallett?! That doesn't sound smart....but good luck with that.

Taking odds on retrieving a car from the trees in T2.

David Love AI27
04-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Wow....a 40 minute race at hallett?! That doesn't sound smart....but good luck with that.

some of us... I mean me... are not as hard on brakes as others...

Rob Liebbe
04-10-2010, 07:58 PM

So I guess we won't be expecting you there? Probably best, you can keep your negativity at home.

GlennCMC70
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM

So I guess we won't be expecting you there? Probably best, you can keep your negativity at home.

Rob, you need a beer. I'm buying.

AI#97
04-10-2010, 09:38 PM

My point being that MOST of you are complaining about fading brakes in a 20 minute race there....a 30? a 40?!

Given the fatigue that will set in on the drivers and the cars in the JUNE heat....and given the history of INCREASED contact at Hallett....this just doesn't seem smart at all. take a step back and think about it....

and yes, to answer your question, Myself and Misty will be running in ST2/3... Seen WAY too much "cowboy" stuff from the stands in this group lately. Needs lots of cleaning up when "group 7" has a cleaner race than AI/CMC.... seriously.

I'd seriously suggest taking a second look at this format. While it sounds cool and fun....it might not be a good thing. Not meant to be negative...just sayin' you guys need to re-think this! Hasn't it been 4 years now we don't have 40 minute races in summer months due to fatigue...? Wasn't that a NASATX rule?

<----just not getting some of the decisions being made around here lately....especially in regards to contact or safety.

GlennCMC70
04-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I've not heard anyone complain about brake fade at all. ECR some, but we are not at ECR in JUNE.

Hallett in JUNE is usually pretty nice. In fact, I recall it being somewhat cool in the mornings. Monthly average is 87/66 for June. Click the link. Seems like pretty nice weather to me.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/74034?locid=74034

As for Group 7, I wish you all the luck in the world.

I'm sure I speak for most everyone here when I say, "Please keep your negative comments about AI/CMC off this site."
Feel free to post and help out, but stop w/ all the negative crap. Really. No, really.
You seem to be the only person not happy about Hallett. Seems like a pretty good idea to give folks twice as long to overtake the car in front of them than normal. That should allow for some better low risk moves.

michaelmosty
04-11-2010, 03:09 AM
It is on!!

Boudy
Jeremiah nees the following:
Kotex Overnight Maxi Pads, Heavy Flow, Unscented
28 ct. box
That ought to last through the weekend!

MikeP99Z
04-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Wasn't that a NASATX rule?

Not that I know of. Group E and F run 40 minute races at every event.

Boudy
04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
It is on!!

Boudy
28 ct. box

DUDE! Unscented? Come on, think of the rest of us. If you gotta go unscented, at least bring some FDS.

Boudy

jeremiahkellam
04-12-2010, 04:37 PM
It is on!!

Boudy
28 ct. box

I'm rubber and your glue....

Come on! you can't throw that one back at me after I dropped it on you! :wink:

michaelmosty
04-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Sorry, I forgot you like a different feel: Tampax Super Plus tampons

Boudy
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM

Just bring your entire inventory. Something's gotta fit...

Boudy

jeremiahkellam
04-13-2010, 09:48 AM

Just stop... I mean...if that's all ya got...?? Just stop :lol: