PDA

View Full Version : Friday testing before April TWS event

kbrewmr2
04-12-2010, 11:15 AM
anyone got a contact for the people running the Friday Test day?

I assume it was the same people that did the Rookie Day back in December that I paid for but didn't make. I gave notice and they said I could use the credits for things this year, but that contact email isn't going to anyone that has responded yet.

Just want to make sure I'm in for that Friday since I'm taking off work and such...

MikeP99Z
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Contact Misty at PDS@TexasWorldSpeedway.com

or pm her on here

kbrewmr2
04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
yeah thats the email I had. I'll try a PM then

thanks Mike!

BryanL
04-12-2010, 01:08 PM
$215 for Fridays test day? Does the increased price mean they remodeled the bathrooms?

Any chance of a $50 happy hour like MSRC?

David Love AI27
04-12-2010, 08:45 PM
$215 for Fridays test day? Does the increased price mean they remodeled the bathrooms?

It means that less than 10 cars show up and fees don't cover the cost...

ShadowBolt
04-13-2010, 08:46 AM

You better take the whole day deal BL.....your gonna need it.

JJ

kbrewmr2
04-13-2010, 09:49 AM
did I PM the right user - MCain?

MikeP99Z
04-13-2010, 10:56 AM
rpoz27

BryanL
04-13-2010, 11:02 AM
According to the preliminary schedule there is a half day for $115 but it isn't on their website.
JJ-you better hope they need me in AI if I get some testing and get my car to quit playing Slip N Slide.

kbrewmr2
04-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I'll get in one way or another :lol: :oops:

thanks again MikeP

AI#97
04-21-2010, 08:53 PM

$215 for 8 hours of track time....best deal on planet earth. $115 for 4 hours is the second best deal on planet earth. I believe Mr. Wade was out there a couple weeks ago for 3/4 of the afternoon getting ready to whip some ass this weekend.

BlueFirePony
04-21-2010, 09:54 PM

$215 for 8 hours of track time....best deal on planet earth. $115 for 4 hours is the second best deal on planet earth. I believe Mr. Wade was out there a couple weeks ago for 3/4 of the afternoon getting ready to whip some ass this weekend.
I've never run a test day at TWS...is it continuous running time? I signed up for the half day and if it's 4 straight hours that is a great deal. I was under the impression there'd be some down time though but if its really 4 hours then I think I might need more tires/brakes.

kbrewmr2
04-21-2010, 10:26 PM
they've advertised that its a pair of 4 hour open track sessions - go out when you want, go in when you want.

mitchntx
04-22-2010, 05:09 AM
I signed up for the half day and if it's 4 straight hours that is a great deal. I was under the impression there'd be some down time though

There will be. There are several Mustangs that will require recovery.

Ba-Dum-Bump-clank

:wink:

Misty, Korn and the gang do give great value for the money.

BlueFirePony
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
I signed up for the half day and if it's 4 straight hours that is a great deal. I was under the impression there'd be some down time though

There will be. There are several Mustangs that will require recovery.

Ba-Dum-Bump-clank

:wink:
Now that's funny...hey wait....!

RichardP
04-22-2010, 10:36 AM
If you sign up for 1/2 day, can that be the morning half only???

Richard P.

AI#97
04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Yes. HOwever if you try to sneak on track in the afternoon without paying, you will be ritually drawn, quartered and fed to Froy. What he doesn't finish will be fed to the buzzards living outside of Nascar T3. :lol:

Clear with Misty during sign in at the PX so she is aware you have paid and what you would like to do. Suggest you be there early before she starts running the event or you are likely S.O.L.... Be smart, reasonable and work with the track and they will work with you.

RichardP
04-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Be smart, reasonable and work with the track and they will work with you.

Since I get the impression you will be there, I've changed my mind...

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
04-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Be smart, reasonable and work with the track and they will work with you.

Since I get the impression you will be there, I've changed my mind...

Richard P.

Richard I would like to see you run with us........if it matters.

JJ

GlennCMC70
04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Richard is a great driver and a good person to have at the track. I sure miss watching him, John, and Mike battling it out.

RichardP
04-22-2010, 06:41 PM

JJ

Thanks, and I would like to run. I don't have a membership, current license, current medical, legal car, or current safety equipment. It would cost me over $2K to run a single competition lap. All that to be several seconds off the pace of a mostly empty field. It would be cheaper (and more fun) to buy a CMC car than it would be to get my car back into competitive form.

I ran last weekend at MSRH and had an absolute blast. I was thinking running with Dan in the Orange Thing on Friday morning would be fun. I've now thought better of it...

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
04-22-2010, 07:40 PM

JJ

Thanks, and I would like to run. I don't have a membership, current license, current medical, legal car, or current safety equipment. It would cost me over $2K to run a single competition lap. All that to be several seconds off the pace of a mostly empty field. It would be cheaper (and more fun) to buy a CMC car than it would be to get my car back into competitive form.

I ran last weekend at MSRH and had an absolute blast. I was thinking running with Dan in the Orange Thing on Friday morning would be fun. I've now thought better of it...

Richard P.

If you change your mind I will be running the afternoon half day and would like to run with and learn from you. If not, I understand but don't let someone else stop you from having fun with the rest of us.

JJ

RichardP
04-22-2010, 09:53 PM
If you change your mind I will be running the afternoon half day and would like to run with and learn from you.

Good fun there but I would have to leave the track by 1:30 to be home in time to pick up my daughter. The morning only session was to run with Dan. He's also only running the morning since he has to be in Galveston Friday evening for some meeting to do with the triathalon he is running on Saturday.

I'll be out at the track on Sunday with my little girl watching all the action.

Richard P.

David Love AI27
04-23-2010, 01:09 AM
If you change your mind I will be running the afternoon half day and would like to run with and learn from you.

Good fun there but I would have to leave the track by 1:30 to be home in time to pick up my daughter. The morning only session was to run with Dan. He's also only running the morning since he has to be in Galveston Friday evening for some meeting to do with the triathalon he is running on Saturday.

I'll be out at the track on Sunday with my little girl watching all the action.

Richard P.

I chased the orange thing with Chris driving... I could be a rabbit for you two... Call me if you are still gonna go... 281-414-1738