PDA

View Full Version : Wanna say "great job Mr Rueth!"

GlennCMC70
06-20-2006, 10:05 AM
i wanted to start a separate post and thank you for some good clean and close racing. i dont remember much of saturdays racing as that "Army of One" car has me represing memories, but sunday was a total hoot, well after the checkered was dropped. durring the race i was running for my life. @ one point i think we completed an entire lap door to door. thats hard to do @ Hallett and not touch. that was also the race we ran a 1.29.9xx. looking forward to doing it again. TWS is local for you, so i assume you will be there.

macstang
06-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Glenn, I really hope those were not bad memories. I know its tough being a Marine in a soldier's world.

Thanks for showing me the way around the track, and letting me hand you that corner on the last lap. My car was hooked up and running awesome. I enjoyed the racing Saturday, as that is all the life I got from my brake pads. Lewis Tanner helped me with some pads on Sunday and I thank him for that.

I assume we are all cool after the contact, if not send me a msg.

GlennCMC70
06-20-2006, 12:01 PM
no, dont mis-read me. very good racing. too good for you being a rookie! thats why i'm represing them. our contact was the type of contact that should only be tolerated. it was the lesser of the two kind thing. you did an awsome job trying to avoid me bailing from out behind Nick. i had no idea you were that close. i dont have a negative thought about it. i will not hold it against you. and i hope your not holding it against me. :)

macstang
06-20-2006, 12:14 PM
I am glad that I was able to run that close with you Glenn. Thanks for the kind words.

NASA13
06-21-2006, 11:55 AM
i wanted to start a separate post and thank you for some good clean and close racing. i dont remember much of saturdays racing as that "Army of One" car has me represing memories, but sunday was a total hoot, well after the checkered was dropped. durring the race i was running for my life. @ one point i think we completed an entire lap door to door. thats hard to do @ Hallett and not touch. that was also the race we ran a 1.29.9xx. looking forward to doing it again. TWS is local for you, so i assume you will be there.

thanks Glenn.
I was amazed with your cool head for 10 laps in both races. I tried everything I knew to shake you up and sneak around you. I really do not think I could have held you off for that long without flying off the track somewhere. GReat job. I am still not sure how I got by you on race 1, but in race 2 you were not having any part of that.
Next time we will team up, and try to run down JB before we let him get too far away.
You guys were both ice cold this weekend with almost no serious mistakes. The mistakes that were made were not enough to allow a pass.
Totally impressed! The standing start in race 1 was a blast and I hope someone has some good video of that.
Good racing, good times.

michaelmosty
06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Corey, I saw rooster tails of grass from you on the standing start race. I've never seen a car accelerate that fast in the grass before. :D

NASA13
06-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Corey, I saw rooster tails of grass from you on the standing start race. I've never seen a car accelerate that fast in the grass before. :D

haha
Well I only had two off and then ol JB needed some of my grass space to avoid contact so that pushed me 4 off ....way off.
I wasnt really moving that fast but luckily everyone else was moving slow enough for me to catch up.
Exciting start.
Of course nothing seems exciting anymore after watching your video.
I cant wait to watch that video of your off a few more times. What a ride. Amazing instincts. You may just be the next EV or JB?
That video pretty much sums up all my driving experience from 15-17 years old. Except my participants were not willing or aware of the danger on the public freeways.

Mike Bell
06-22-2006, 07:05 AM
I actually found myself rooting for Corey in JB's videos. Glad you were at least giving them Chebbies a run for their money.

Nice job on the podiums.

CMC17
06-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Corey was my hero in R3!!!

NASA13
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
HAHAHAHA
Thanks Guys.
I sure didnt have much for JB but I certainly stretched to the outer limits of my driving ability(and beyond). My car is about to get aligned and bump steered and such to try and find a few more tenths. Looks like we will all need all the help we can get from now on. Lots of very fast CMCers these days. If yall get any faster I will switch to AIX and run for 3rd or 4th.