PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lines

cobra132
04-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Do any of you routinely change your brake lines?? My front lines show a small amount of heat effect on the outside coating on the caliper side but otherwise look perfect. They are russel or earls ss braided lines. FMR

Adam Ginsberg
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Mine get replaced every other year, unless they've incurred some damage, or look questionable.

I lost a brake line @ MSRC a few years ago, and it's not a fun experience. Thankfully, Steve had great situational awareness, recognized a problem, and waited an extra second before turning it.

It costs ~$55 to replace all 5 lines on my car.

GlennCMC70
04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
I hate to say this, but I've had mine for 5+ years now. I have a complete new set in the trailer. I look at them each time a wheel is off. I use the dirt track shop for my lines. Costs about the same as Adam said. No reasonto not do it like Adam said, except for the SRF costs.

David Love AI27
04-22-2010, 04:35 PM
My front lines show a small amount of heat effect on the outside coating on the caliper side but otherwise look perfect. FMR

Were you cleaning the oil off from under the car????

Fbody383
04-22-2010, 11:15 PM
My front lines show a small amount of heat effect on the outside coating on the caliper side but otherwise look perfect. FMR

That's just wrong. Gimme that stick!

ps - I inadvertently caught Dr. Robertson in crossfire responding to a perceived "gauntlet toss" by Mr. Jordan, who, by the way is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meat at a race track when you don't have anywhere else to sleep.

David Love AI27
04-23-2010, 12:52 AM

That's just wrong. Gimme that stick!

ps - I inadvertently caught Dr. Robertson in crossfire responding to a perceived "gauntlet toss" by Mr. Jordan, who, by the way is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meat at a race track when you don't have anywhere else to sleep.

"hope to meat at a race track"... DUDE!?!?... remind me to NEVER let you sleep near me.. wait, you won't have to remind me, I'll remember

gt40
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
If anyone needs it, I usually have enough parts to build or rebuild -3 brake hoses.