PDA

View Full Version : LT1 Rear Pads

Fbody383
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Regardless of the sequence of events, I will be very low on rear pads for TWS. I'm not opposed to just throwing some OEM junk on if I have to.

If you have some Carobtech compound you're willing to loan/sale/trade in a stock LT1 flavor, bring them with you to TWS.

Otherwise I might not be able to slow down and since I don't qualify like Wirtz, I might be behind YOU.

AllZWay
04-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Dave,

I have always ran cheap pads until this year. Carbotech convinced me I would like the a better pad more.

I am going back to cheap pads next year... I see absolutely no improvement in braking once I got the bias set to compesate for the initial bigger bite from the expensive pads.

A cheap set would still last me an entire season.

Fbody383
04-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Cheap pads it is. I'll rustle something up tomorrow. Thanks, JP.

David Love AI27
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
I have used Performance Friction pads from autozone on the rear and like JP said get the bias set for them

Fbody383
04-26-2010, 05:02 PM
UPDATE: LiiR recommends rear pads and falls to the power of orange...

Why didn't you tell me there was an "innie" and an "outie?" Calder and I were scratching our heads wondering why a Ford guy couldn't figure out how to change pads on a Camaro... just not that hard.

And they seemed to work just fine.

David Love AI27
04-26-2010, 06:31 PM
UPDATE: LiiR recommends rear pads and falls to the power of orange...

Why didn't you tell me there was an "innie" and an "outie?"

Do I need to drive it for you too??? some things you have to learn for your self... By the way... the location is stamped on them