PDA

View Full Version : Oh good Lord ... Only in Houston!

mitchntx
06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528767

Maybe a bunch of CMC/AI cars ought to show up drag'o cross their asses.

:roll:

AllZWay
06-20-2006, 08:30 PM
That sounds kind of dumb.

There is a drag strip in Waco that does have a high bank at the end, but I can't remember the name. It is a really strange place.

AI#97
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM

There is a drag strip in Waco that does have a high bank at the end, but I can't remember the name. It is a really strange place.

Try the cool down lane at kennedale sometime! I passed a guy on it last year and scared the shit out of him cause he was doing 50! Can be a lot of fun....can be f'n scary if someone laid any fluids down especially on a car with ET streets or slicks on the rear with only 11lbs of air in them!!!

Boudy
06-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Interesting. It's kinda what we do now; drag, turn, turn, drag. :lol: Much more seat time over here but I guess it would be worth a try to say I did it.

On second thought, I'd definately support an event or 2 if it could help them build a following to get some idiots off the streets racing.

Boudy

mitchntx
06-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Try the cool down lane at kennedale sometime!

I know, I know! I was "counciled" once for be a little too aggressive on the brakes, turning and accelerating back down the return road.

The only problem I saw was it really got dark down there at the very end.

:lol:

oz98cobra
06-21-2006, 10:44 AM
If road racing = hot and steamy sex, then drag racing = a quick jerk off, and autoX is kinda like foreplay without the climax .... so I guess Drag-0-cross is going to be like a jerk off with no climax? :oops: ;)

Waco Racer
06-21-2006, 11:33 AM

Temple Academy on HWY 95

AllZWay
06-21-2006, 01:15 PM

Temple Academy on HWY 95

I ran down two strips in the Waco area, the one I was referring to is south of Waco, so it probably is Temple Academy.

I just remember the stands were on the guard rails, there was a small but steep hill to climb to stage, and then the Nascar style banked end past the quarter mark. Definitely a different place. :D

I also ran down the old air field strip in Waco... it was equally different, but for other reasons. :P

Boudy
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
If road racing = hot and steamy sex, then drag racing = a quick jerk off, and autoX is kinda like foreplay without the climax .... so I guess Drag-0-cross is going to be like a jerk off with no climax? :oops: ;)

Damn, he really put some thought into that one. :lol: :lol:

Boudy

Mike Bell
06-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I had the same thought. A real Longfellow there......... :shock:

jeffburch
06-21-2006, 02:47 PM
He IS international.
Should know the measure of a Wadsworth.

jb

Mike Bell
06-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Oh, that's good, real good......... :wink:

AI#97
06-21-2006, 03:10 PM

Damn, he really put some thought into that one. :lol: :lol:

Boudy

He's been using that one for atleast a year now.... :wink:

oz98cobra
06-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Very witty Juan Pablo!

Actually Boudy - very little thought - I've often used a sexual analogy to describe road racing, drag racing and autoX - usually when I'm trying to explain what road racing is like to someone who has only drag raced before ... it gets mixed reactions ;)

Mike Bell
06-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Very witty Juan Pablo!

Actually Boudy - very little thought - I've often used a sexual analogy to describe road racing, drag racing and autoX - usually when I'm trying to explain what road racing is like to someone who has only drag raced before ... it gets mixed reactions ;)

Mixed reactions?? No kidding. Just the thought of you describing road racing that way is creeping me out. :lol:

AI#97
06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Very witty Juan Pablo!

Mixed reactions?? No kidding. Just the thought of you describing road racing that way is creeping me out. :lol:

It's a great description for newbs who are new to open tracking...however, to seasoned racers....it DOES warrant some freakish thoughts that Daron's mind might be "elsewhere"...?! :wink: :lol:

mitchntx
06-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Or that he understands those feelings ... [shudder]

:oops: