PDA

View Full Version : TWS Mid-Year Review Meeting

Todd Covini
06-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Texas AI/CMC Racers,
Immediately following our 3rd Annual Banquet last "winter", I reserved the Wings N' More party room in College Station for the Saturday nite of our August TWS event. Sounds like the Hallett party is going to be a tough one to beat, however, as you know Wings N' More is a great low-key location with BYOB (or 'rita machines) and providing we eat $500 in food...the big screen TV, sound system and party room is all ours for the nite.

Given the amount of growth and change we've seen in the series, I'd like to take a few minutes that Saturday evening to discuss things and, more importantly, properly plan for our 4th Annual Texas AI/CMC Awards Banquet which will NOT be held in College Station this year!!! (2 out of 3 years IS bad. :wink: )

I'll put together a short agenda for the nite, but would like to discuss:
1) 2007 AI/CMC class rules (top 10 wish list compilation?) to prep for the rules review "silly season".
2) Mid-Ohio Nationals participation/collaboration/"Team Texas" showing
3) 4th Annual Banquet Preparations for November

Without starting a mini-poop-storm here, please send me your thoughts/ideas on any of the above or anything you would like to see discussed at this short, informal meeting during our next event!

-=- Todd Covini

Todd Covini
07-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Guys and Gals,
I'm not going to respond to each and every one of the recent posts in various areas of this forum right now (i.e.- entry fees, marketing, magazine coverage, tech inspections, promises, angst, etc. etc. ) However, suffice to say that you all have very, very valid points and I do want to address ALL of them in the very near future. I may not have all the answers, but we need to address all of them and provide updates/reasoning.

This weekend we will have some much-anticipated discussions with the pertinent folks at NASA on "improvements" going forward. I put that in quotations because this isn't about NASA TX...this isn't about Todd & Adam...this isn't about this racer or that racer...it IS about the general interest of the series going forward.

So...hang onto your helmets, we'll assess this 8 legged monster and prepare a go-forward plan. Not a promise....a plan.

Right now, I'm calling it "Covini's 3 "C"S:

Communication
Consistency
Compromise

You can expect a "State of the Union" address soon and plan on meeting at Wings N' More Saturday August 5th (sorry, Chris, they already charged a deposit on my credit card). I'll attempt to outline all of the issues & responses here before TWS, and we can go over it (and any other additions you may have) in Powerpoint form on the evening of the 5th. (Yes..Powerpoint...in order to keep this on a professional level, we're going to set meeting times, stick to an agenda and try to stay on task to cover all the material...which will also include discussion on the Nationals and the 4th Annual Awards Banquet.)

One thing I will mention now is Glenn's excellent post regarding Nationals prep. We DO need to get some momentum rolling for those intending to go. Discussing it at the TWS meeting will be beneficial, however, as Glenn mentioned, it will be too late to START preparations. We need to stick together as a Texas Team heading into Mid-Ohio. Forget all the BS baggage we've lugged around the past few events amongst ourselves and let's pull those intending to go together and decide what we, as a group, need!!!

Glenn...if you want to take the lead on this Nationals prep effort, feel free and I'll follow your lead!

Right now I've got the big picture to worry about!
Stay tuned...

-=- Todd Covini

TEXAST1
07-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey all,

Todd is this a family event or more of a drivers event?

If a family event how many are bringing the family and or kids?

GlennCMC70
07-27-2006, 03:54 PM
i'm planning of having my wife and 2 kids there along w/ my mom's in case you guys are mean to me. :P

Rob Liebbe
07-27-2006, 09:25 PM
My wife has respectfully said she did not want to go which means my kids won't be there. I will be in attendance. What time should the strip..., er uh I mean guest speakers be there? 8)

Todd Covini
07-27-2006, 10:35 PM
It's a family event, but prepare them for a few boring speeches.
We always seem to make up for it with some pretty cool videos, so it's always a wash in the end.

I'm off work for the rest of the weekend and should be able to give more details soonest.

-=- Todd

TEXAST1
07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Glenn are bringin' yo moms' to da event?

I'll have to git wit tha ol' lady to see what she gonna do. If we come I'll be brangin' da keeds.

GlennCMC70
07-28-2006, 04:58 PM
yes my moms will be there. my family is very suportive of my crack habbit. i guess you could call them "enablers"? :shock: