PDA

View Full Version : Need to get a car to nationals?

Al Fernandez
06-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Todd and I will be driving to Miller in the RV. That means I can haul someone's car like I did Dave's last year. You can ride with, or you can arrive and drive. My trailer is also available if you only have an open one and need more room.

David Love AI27
06-06-2010, 12:29 PM
1st dibbs.... Jason may be interested

Adam Ginsberg
06-11-2010, 11:35 AM

I don't give a shit if it's you, Dave, or Jason, but the #3 car had better be @ MMP for the 2010 Nats.

:)

Rob Liebbe
07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
That trailer offer better still be good Al. I just registered for Nationals.

ShadowBolt
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM

How many T5's are you going to take with you?

JJ

cjlmlml
07-21-2010, 09:15 AM

Sorry it didnt work out with you and Kim, she seemed really nice.

Rob Liebbe
07-21-2010, 09:30 AM

Sorry it didnt work out with you and Kim, she seemed really nice.

This may cost me a cruise or other vacation. For her, not me.

Two T-5's.

Fbody383
07-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I just registered for Nationals. REPRESENT!

cobra132
07-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Two T-5s and a pair of Celine Dion tickets. FMR

rleng1
07-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Are you taking Wade?

Rob Liebbe
07-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Are you taking Wade?

Why, does Wade like Celine Dion? 8)

I have a fresh T-5 in the car now and the backup is in the shop for freshening and hopefully a road-race 5th gear.

Chuck
07-21-2010, 09:28 PM

Great news Rob!

Chuck
CMC#14

mitchntx
07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Al and Todd loading your car ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_t8lVDt2RM

Todd Covini
07-22-2010, 08:14 PM
FYI...the sound was dubbed by Mitch & Glenn for realism:

Glenn- "Damn Bitch, why did you turn...F#ck...why did you turn"
Mitch - "I didn't turn....I didn't turn....I didn't turn....I didn't turn"

LOL

Rob Liebbe
07-22-2010, 08:17 PM
I think I'll load my own car.

GlennCMC70
07-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Didnt that car take out an H2 Hummer already? Its moved up to Uhaul trucks now.

David Love AI27
07-28-2010, 10:26 PM

I don't give a shit if it's you, Dave, or Jason, but the #3 car had better be @ MMP for the 2010 Nats.

:)

working on plan B

David Love AI27
08-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Todd and I will be driving to Miller in the RV. That means I can haul someone's car like I did Dave's last year. You can ride with, or you can arrive and drive. My trailer is also available if you only have an open one and need more room.

Might need to sleep in the trailer... when are you leaving Magnolia?

Al Fernandez
08-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Dont have a firm schedule yet Dave...Monday would be my guess. We'll be staying through the AI race, ie until late Sunday night.

David Love AI27
08-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Dont have a firm schedule yet Dave...Monday would be my guess. We'll be staying through the AI race, ie until late Sunday night.

Might tag along on the trip up.... car will go up on jacks tonight to check exhaust and diff leaks... :(

should hear from sponsor by friday :roll:

David Love AI27
08-25-2010, 11:55 PM

Might tag along on the trip up.... car will go up on jacks tonight to check exhaust and diff leaks... :(

CRAP... Why do things have to be so hard???... Lost the pinoin gear :evil:

nasa-rm
08-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Keep at it DL. We need a 10th CMC car!!!!

Al Fernandez
08-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Maybe it rolled under the workbench? :lol:

Good luck with that sponsor. I have a rear axle assembly you can borrow. Its a 4th gen unit so you'll need to run 4th gen wheels to maintain track width, and its 3.73...but it does have a torsen and a pinion. You also have to agree to give it back if Rob grenades something and needs it. (hey, my car being on the calendar is a priority...)

David Love AI27
08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Maybe it rolled under the workbench? :lol:

Good luck with that sponsor. I have a rear axle assembly you can borrow. Its a 4th gen unit so you'll need to run 4th gen wheels to maintain track width, and its 3.73...but it does have a torsen and a pinion. You also have to agree to give it back if Rob grenades something and needs it. (hey, my car being on the calendar is a priority...)

I found two pieces so far...

What gear is in the car now? 3.73 might be perfect at Miller depending on your 5th gear ratio

Here is a funny one... remember someone having issues with the ring gear bolts???? guess I'm lucky my impact was set on low...

Car should be back together this afternoon... A friend of Dave F. is driving it this week... He paid $1,500 to a local charity to drive my car for the weekend

Fbody383
08-27-2010, 10:51 AM
A friend of Dave F. is driving it this week... This guy is semi on the fence about getting in with us. Great cat, super smart but I have no idea if he can drive. His biggest concern is upkeep of a car. We've talked about spending a day in my car at Grandsport Speedway. We could always use another mullett... i mean racer. Yeah, you can tell him I said that.

Imagine that, thread drift... on this board.

David Love AI27
08-30-2010, 08:01 AM

CRAP... Why do things have to be so hard???... Lost the pinoin gear :evil:

Rebuilt the rearend Thurs and Fri evenings... Took to track Sat and everything seemed to work pretty good... Gonna tear it doun and start refreashing all bearings and bushings... maybe a new set of shocks...

Adam Ginsberg
08-30-2010, 11:18 AM
David (Love) - are you bringing the #3 to the Nats?????

David Love AI27
08-30-2010, 09:04 PM
David (Love) - are you bringing the #3 to the Nats?????

Waiting for the check to clear... litterally... I have the check and the time... If the check clears tomorrow I will begin to the "refresh" the car begining Wed. night

Need a hotel close to the track... any suggestions?

nasa-rm
08-30-2010, 09:07 PM
You better get your ass registered. Call me!!

David Love AI27
08-30-2010, 09:17 PM

Going directly to the site, now....

Adam Ginsberg
08-31-2010, 01:28 AM

Dodge Hotel?? Haulmark Inn?? I'm doing what I've always done - stayed at the track.

Glad to hear you'll make it, David.

David Love AI27
08-31-2010, 08:41 AM

Dodge Hotel?? Haulmark Inn?? I'm doing what I've always done - stayed at the track.

Glad to hear you'll make it, David.

New girlfriend is ver supportive of the racing thing but after stayng in a garage a Hallett... she may never stay at the track again...

nasa-rm
08-31-2010, 10:10 PM

Going directly to the site, now....

Tick tick tick tick........ :shock: That September 1st deadline is looming...

David Love AI27
09-01-2010, 09:32 AM
IM OUT!!!

THe laws in this state are made attorneys for the benefit of attorneys... I am the ONLY child of Donald Love, and I have a $27,000 check in my hand from my father's estate that is worthless untill I PROVE to the State of Texas that I am the ONLY child... Why isn't it their job to prove that I'm NOT???????

I'm so done....

Adam Ginsberg
09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
David - don't give up. If there's one thing I've learned, we have to fight for everything.

Get crack-a-lack'n on the proof, and get your ass (and car!) to MMP!

mitchntx
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
IM OUT!!!

THe laws in this state are made attorneys for the benefit of attorneys... I am the ONLY child of Donald Love, and I have a $27,000 check in my hand from my father's estate that is worthless untill I PROVE to the State of Texas that I am the ONLY child... Why isn't it their job to prove that I'm NOT???????

I'm so done....

David ... been down this road.

Did you go through probate? A copy of that decree will do it.

No Probate? A will with your name on it and an affidavit from anyone else called out in the will should do it.

No Probate and no will? A notarized affidavit from a close, living relative (like a sister or brother) stating you are the only surviving child and no one else has any clainm to his estate will be a great start if not actually enough.

BUT ...

I doubt you can get it pushed through in the next couple days. Those wheels turn very slow.

Rob Liebbe
09-01-2010, 04:11 PM
IM OUT!!!

I'm so done....

No Probate? A will with your name on it and an affidavit from anyone else called out in the will should do it.

No Probate and no will? A notarized affidavit from a close, living relative (like a sister or brother) stating you are the only surviving child and no one else has any clainm to his estate will be a great start if not actually enough.

BUT ...

I doubt you can get it pushed through in the next couple days. Those wheels turn very slow.

A notarized affidavit from a close, living relative (like a sister or brother) stating you are the only surviving child

How do you get an affidavit from your brother stating that you are the only surviving child?

Mitch is sniffing the glue again. :roll:

mitchntx
09-01-2010, 06:13 PM
IM OUT!!!

I'm so done....

BUT ...

A notarized affidavit from a close, living relative (like a sister or brother of your father ... that would be an aunt or uncle of yours Rob ... I mean David) stating you are the only surviving child

How do you get an affidavit from your brother stating that you are the only surviving child?

Mitch is sniffing the glue again. :roll:

Engineers ... :roll:

Rob Liebbe
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
That makes more sense.

David Love AI27
09-02-2010, 11:33 AM
IM OUT!!!

I'm so done....

BUT ...

I have an Heirship Affidavit filed with the county... HOWEVER... banking regulations require a letter from the Judge, either probate or a "Letter Testimtary"... either one will take months and attorneys want $5,000+ for retainer and calim that it may exceed $10,000 to continue... If a court appointed investigator can't prove that I'm the sole heir, over $85,000 will go to the State of Texas

BryanL
09-02-2010, 01:37 PM
David-may have missed something, but is there a will?

mitchntx
09-02-2010, 02:53 PM
IM OUT!!!

I'm so done....

BUT ...

I have an Heirship Affidavit filed with the county... HOWEVER... banking regulations require a letter from the Judge, either probate or a "Letter Testimtary"... either one will take months and attorneys want $5,000+ for retainer and calim that it may exceed $10,000 to continue... If a court appointed investigator can't prove that I'm the sole heir, over $85,000 will go to the State of Texas

An affidavit of Heirship is what finally got my Dad's estate off high center.

He did leave a handwritten will. But it was a small town where the local District Judge knew my Dad and family very well as did the bank president where the cash was held up.

And it wasn't for near that amount. Any of those factors could play a role.

I will say it again ... to everyone ... get your affairs in order NOW, TODAY. I promise ... you will not live forever. And it will save your children a ton of heartache and headache. Do it for the children.

David Love AI27
09-04-2010, 05:28 AM
ANYWAY.... Good luck guys... You are ALL Champions in my eyes....