PDA

View Full Version : AI CMC Dues Event?

cjlmlml
06-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Ok guys-

What would you like to do for an event with our CMC dues?

Do you want to do a picnic-get together - dinner- shlitterbaun - some other event deal in July?

Or would you like the $ to go to a Saturday night meeting gtg during one of our race weekends?

All feedback is welcome.

AI#97
06-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Ok guys-

What would you like to do for an event with our CMC dues?

Do you want to do a picnic-get together - dinner- shlitterbaun - some other event deal in July?

Or would you like the $ to go to a Saturday night meeting gtg during one of our race weekends?

All feedback is welcome.

Field trip to silver city or the lodge!

mitchntx
06-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Buy everyone's over night parking and garage rental at TWS.

oz98cobra
06-21-2006, 12:46 PM
As much as I'd like to see us do an event outside a race weekend, it does not seem very practical given that the group is spread out all over TX (and Mississippi) - so contributing to a gathering on a race weekend would seem to be the most logical and fair to all?

The Saturday night grills - and now parties - have been great - and are my preference over going to a sit down restaurant where you usually tend to just end up talking to whoever happens to be sitting near you. Perhaps we could look at having one of these catered for so that Mitch and the other helpers don't have to do the toil and can focus on socializing?

CMC17
06-21-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm easy.. game on.

Mike Bell
06-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I vote for Daron's idea:

The Saturday night grills - and now parties - have been great - and are my preference over going to a sit down restaurant where you usually tend to just end up talking to whoever happens to be sitting near you. Perhaps we could look at having one of these catered for so that Mitch and the other helpers don't have to do the toil and can focus on socializing?

Otherwise, a refund possibly?? :lol:

mitchntx
06-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Perhaps we could look at having one of these catered for so that Mitch and the other helpers don't have to do the toil and can focus on socializing?

I appreciate that sentiment. Leah is a huge help.

I didn't drive Saturday, so it really wasn't too big of a deal. However, it does become a chore at the end of a long hot day in the car.

I know no one intends for it to happen, but it just seems to work out that way.

David Love AI27
06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
The guy at TWS does a pretty decent job of cooking. Maybe we could see what he would do as far as menu choice.

Todd Covini
06-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Personally, I'd like to go all out at our 4th annual banquet. Really make it an event to look forward to. Howsabout renting a drive-in for the night and showing our newest world premiere video on the big screen with the 'rita machine pumping and the awards & trophies a-flowing?

I think we're past the point of planning for a summer gtg and need to plan for our banquet/season ending bash!!! Let's make this event something to really look forward to!

Waco or Dallas?

-=- Todd

macstang
06-22-2006, 12:34 AM
I would like to donate the money. Buy phone cards and send them to soldiers in Iraq to call home.

David Love AI27
06-22-2006, 07:24 AM
I would like to donate the money. Buy phone cards and send them to soldiers in Iraq to call home.

Our church is sending packages to the troops. One of the items requested is phone cards. I have a list of all the items requested. How about 20 to 30 packages on behalf of the group? Should I list the items? Anyone interested?

mitchntx
06-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Sure, David.

I do this kind of thing about once a month ...

$20-30 worth of stuff a month is a small price to pay ....

David Love AI27
06-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Sure, David.

I do this kind of thing about once a month ...

$20-30 worth of stuff a month is a small price to pay ....

Thanks Mitch, anyone else???

Plan:

1.) I'll get contact info for delivery.
2.) If we do 20 packages, how about $20.00 calling card in each? $400 from the series funds...
3.) I'll compile list of other items to bring.
4.) 20 copies of form letter thanking servicemen for their sacrifice for all to sign.
5.) 20 copies of group photo with drivers and cars.

Lets all forget the politics and support the troops who are just doing as they are commanded.

DEAL or NO DEAL??????

michaelmosty
06-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Personally, I'd like to go all out at our 4th annual banquet. Really make it an event to look forward to. Howsabout renting a drive-in for the night and showing our newest world premiere video on the big screen with the 'rita machine pumping and the awards & trophies a-flowing?

I think we're past the point of planning for a summer gtg and need to plan for our banquet/season ending bash!!! Let's make this event something to really look forward to!

Waco or Dallas?

-=- Todd

Sounds great Todd!!
As easy as Dallas is for me, I vote Waco since it is very centrally located.

donovan
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Austin is Central...!! I'm sure Corey and Jeff will agree...

more options too

mitchntx
06-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Granbury is the center of the universe

CMC17
06-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Granbury is the center of the universe

uh uh.. I am! :lol:

y5e06
06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I guess if its austin I could show up too

<--------------

marshall_mosty
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM
I believe it is Dallas' turn this year...

2004: Waco
2005: College Station
2006: Dallas???
2007: Mississippi??? (Nah, we'll just pay to fly Jerry and Micah in)

donovan
06-22-2006, 12:40 PM
I guess if its austin I could show up too

<--------------

I knew I was forgetting someone... damn it...

:oops:

macstang
06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the attempt Michael.

After buying gas to all the TX events, I wont have any money left for the year end hoopla.

Honestly, if I'm still stationed here, I'll go wherever it is, well... except Oklahoma.