PDA

View Full Version : Personal updates?

mitchntx
06-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Todd, from your recent rants .... er, posts, sounds like Jr. is doing well.
Any update?

Adam, how is your family doing? Wife holding up OK?

I really hope her family is all on board and agreeable. Nothing can make this ordeal more painfaul than relatives stabbing each other in the back, making false accusations and just plain being mean.

Hmmm ... kinda sounds like Hallett weekend, don't it?

Todd Covini
06-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks for asking, Mitch.

Things are pretty much the same with little Tony's low platelet count, however he's running around happy and (appearing) healthy as ever. Time has dulled our sense of life/death urgency, as each day appears to be rather normal.

However, he hasn't responded to any of the treatments and the advice is to just "do nothing and hope his body figures it out". We've tested twice now and have only seen slight improvement in platelet count (from 3000 to 11,000....when the range is supposed to be at 150,000 per liter.) I good hard cry results in broken blood vessels on his face...and last week he had real blood-shot eyes. Pretty scary, but seems to be stable.

I'm sticking close to home and returning to normal as much as possible as we continue to check his blood for continued platelet count improvement. Only time will tell now....but I'm back!!!

-=- Todd

Adam Ginsberg
06-23-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanks for inquiring, Mitch.

It's been a roller-coaster week. Naturally, it was a rough weekend, but we got thru it. I'm so fortunate to have been close enough to home to make it back in time to be by her side Saturday. My wife is a pretty damn strong lady, but she needed support at the hospital.

The rest of her family has been fairly decent, with only some mild comments, but she's handling it ok. I took all week off to help with funeral home arrangements, closing of utilities, cleaning up her apartment, etc.

Wednesday evening is when she cratered a tad, but I think it was good for her. St. Joeseph's Village in Coppell ( where my MIL lived ) opened and dedicated it's new church on Wednesday, and will be dedicating Sunday mass to Florence. We'll all be there, and I'm sure a box of tissues will be needed.

All the thoughts and prayers from the AI/X/CMC racers, as well as the NASA Texas folks have been great - GirlsWithTools send a very nice plant to our home ( thanks to Sharon, Holly and Lisa! ). We appreciate your kind thoughts.

Garbage
06-23-2006, 07:41 AM
The issues Todd and Adam have faced here lately put racing in prospective. Life is real. Racing is fantasy and fun.

Hang in there guys. Prayers go out to you.

DA