PDA

View Full Version : TWS!!!

Al Fernandez
07-09-2010, 12:07 PM
TWS is right around the corner!! Registration is open, so please sign up so Mike has all the ammo he needs to ensure we get the best schedule we can. The points chase is very close in many places so you certainly dont want to give up spots by having a bunch of zeroes for this weekend! Yeah, its going to be hot, but the action on the track will be well worth putting up with a little heat.

Glenn and Todd will be in charge for TWS as I wont be there.

Rob Liebbe
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Maybe we should buy a couple of above ground pools and set them up in the paddock. Bryan Leinart can do his high dive into the bucket routine.

I'm getting ready, my rebuilt T-5 Road Race transmission is going back in this weekend.

michaelmosty
07-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I have a little secret that I've ordered that I will debut at TWS. :twisted:
I also hear there will be a special celebrity around to watch the races. :wink:

marshall_mosty
07-09-2010, 02:44 PM
I have a little secret that I've ordered that I will debut at TWS. :twisted:
I know the secret... I know the secret...
He's ordered another white cowboy outfit.

Alien
07-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I can't read that small print, Marshall.

Does it say he ordered Celine Dion tickets? Is your birthday coming up? :D

GlennCMC70
07-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I said before that I wouldnt be there w/ my car, but I very well may be. Due to life changing events, I may have to bail on Nationals.

Adam Ginsberg
07-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Due to life changing events, I may have to bail on Nationals.

Hopefully, it's not a major life changing event, Glenn, and that all is well. I'd rather take the National Championship from you at the track, vs. you not being there.

AllZWay
07-09-2010, 08:38 PM
I am putting my car back together on Saturday... if all goes well, I will likely make TWS.

GlennCMC70
07-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Due to life changing events, I may have to bail on Nationals.

Hopefully, it's not a major life changing event, Glenn, and that all is well. I'd rather take the National Championship from you at the track, vs. you not being there.

Wow, you must have gotten way better since I raced you last. :roll:

I really hope someone else will step up and defend the Texas group at Nats if I cant. Many of us could win it. Its ashame none are willing to do so.

Fbody383
07-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Many of us could win it. Its ashame none are willing to do so.I'm already working on scheduling for '11. Too much going on this year. I'm with you in that it would be awesome to have the Texas contingent make Nationals look like another Texas region event.

And probably going to miss TWS due to said schedule.

edrock96GT
07-18-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm all registered and ready to go!

Looking forward to not having to start in the back! :lol:

AllZWay
07-19-2010, 08:01 AM
I am still unsure if I will make TWS. The rear-end I bought was bad. I think it has a bad pinion bearing, but dropping it off at shop today to see if it can be fixed.

michaelmosty
07-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm registered and ready to go for the event.
Eddie, glad to hear you'll be making the event.
James, I hope the shop can get the rear end fixed, I'm looking forward to more great racing.
Dave, you can't miss a race that is only 2-hours away.
Glenn, I hope you can make it. Let us know how things stand for Nats.

Fbody383
07-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Dave, you can't miss a race that is only 2-hours away.

I know, it's killing me as we get closer. Part of the family trade offs.

David Love AI27
07-19-2010, 10:54 AM

Need any help with the car??? Still unemployed, so I can help...

mitchntx
07-19-2010, 10:55 AM
I am still unsure if I will make TWS. The rear-end I bought was bad. I think it has a bad pinion bearing, but dropping it off at shop today to see if it can be fixed.

I have a complete diff with 3.42 gears, T2R and fresh Redline fluid sitting on the shelf if you need it.

Just bolt it in place.

David Love AI27
07-19-2010, 10:57 AM
I really hope someone else will step up and defend the Texas group at Nats if I cant. Many of us could win it. Its ashame none are willing to do so.

I have the car and the time.... just need a little more tallent and lot more money...

Fbody383
07-19-2010, 01:55 PM

Need any help with the car??? Still unemployed, so I can help...

Thanks, Dr. Love.

Need help with the calendar ~ we just have everybody running in different directions.

ShadowBolt
07-19-2010, 02:26 PM

I have a complete diff with 3.42 gears, T2R and fresh Redline fluid sitting on the shelf if you need it.

Just bolt it in place.

Very nice of you Mitch!

JJ

AllZWay
07-19-2010, 02:34 PM

Just bolt it in place.

Mitch... I really appreciate it, but if I don't get it fixed in time it I will survive missing a race in 100+ temps. :lol:

I go the rear dropped off a the shop and they beleive the pinion bearing is the problem, but it will be later this week before I get it back.

mitchntx
07-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Look ... multiple quotes of multiple conversations!
I be interweb smarts.

Just bolt it in place.

Very nice of you Mitch!

JJ

I know.

Just bolt it in place.

Mitch... I really appreciate it, but if I don't get it fixed in time it I will survive missing a race in 100+ temps. :lol:

I go the rear dropped off a the shop and they beleive the pinion bearing is the problem, but it will be later this week before I get it back.

Between me and Mike P I bet we can get it to McKinney without too much of a problem.

Rsmith350
07-19-2010, 07:35 PM
[quote="mitchntx"][quote="AllZWay"]I am still unsure if I will make TWS. The rear-end I bought was bad. I think it has a bad pinion bearing, but dropping it off at shop today to see if it can be fixed

Had the same issue with our 95 convertible. got a diff out of a 99 T/A.....had same problem......

marshall_mosty
07-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Just a question for discussion, but what does a broken right collor bone do to one's ability to shift??

mitchntx
07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Just a question for discussion, but what does a broken right collor bone do to one's ability to shift??

Mustang ... significant
Skyline ... not so much.

MikeP99Z
07-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Just bolt it in place.

Between me and Mike P I bet we can get it to McKinney without too much of a problem.[/quote]

If it gets to McKinney, or even Arlington, I can meet James somewhere between here and Paris with it. I really still need an LS1 3-channel axle housing at some point this summer.

marshall_mosty
07-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Question now related to stressed rotator cuff and not collar bone... hopefully won't be too big of an issue.

Rob Liebbe
07-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Ok - who hurt what and how?

AllZWay
07-20-2010, 08:37 AM
If it gets to McKinney, or even Arlington, I can meet James somewhere between here and Paris with it. I really still need an LS1 3-channel axle housing at some point this summer.

No worries... If it is not repairable ( I think it is though), I would just sit out a race weekend.

Rob...Marshall's twin had a bicycle wreck...see other thread.

edrock96GT
07-20-2010, 11:30 AM

Meh, just put it in 4th and go. 8)

Jrod
07-21-2010, 10:37 PM

My avatar says it's ok, but the harness will be uncomfortable.

cjlmlml
07-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Need to get a part to TWS next weekend,

Who is going from North Dallas Area?

Shortcutsleeping
07-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Cody is going for HPDE and he is in Flower Mound. I'm pretty sure I'm going and I'm in Arlington. Brian Hanchey (AST) is up in Plano and he is going.

Costas
cars and such...

Rob Liebbe
07-22-2010, 08:18 PM
UPS goes every day.

michaelmosty
07-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Chris, I'll be going with or without a car.

cjlmlml
07-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys, got it covered

AllZWay
07-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Chris, I'll be going with or without a car.

What...?? How the shoulder?

michaelmosty
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Alright you punks, I should be good to go for TWS.
Just got back from the doc and it is just a hairline fracture of the collar bone, no tears of any kind!! I still have a fair amount of pain but nothing like on Tuesday. I figure with another 7 days of rest it should be good to go.
I can shift gears comfortably in my chick car but I haven't tried slamming through them yet. Now I just need time to finish nut and bolting the car. 8)

Fbody383
07-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Just got back from the doc and it is just a hairline fracture of the collar bone, no tears of any kind!! Then your Doc didn't do it right.

Dr. Frank I don't know if I would feel comfortable racing next to Lefty without a proper "racing" review.

I can shift gears comfortably in my chick car but I haven't tried slamming through them yet. I thought those blue oval cars were supposed to shift like butter?

Pssst... see the double quote thing again

AllZWay
07-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Dr. Frank I don't know if I would feel comfortable racing next to Lefty without a proper "racing" review.

From the movie Fletch:
"Doc...you ever do time?... You using your whole fist?" :lol:

rleng1
07-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Any list of entrants or schedule for TWS?
Thanks,

gt40
07-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Looks like I'll be there, but without the car. Too much going on with the new job and the baby to get the car back together in time and I'm not going to rush it. Eagle's Canyon this time.

See you guys there!

Rob Liebbe
07-26-2010, 01:29 AM
I'll be there.

AllZWay
07-26-2010, 07:45 AM
My crapper is back together and loaded now... I'll be there for sure now.

evarner
07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Phear the Duece!!!!

Registered (Saturday only - still trying to sell it and need some recent video and winner stickers)

Come get some!!! 8) :lol:

BlueFirePony
07-28-2010, 12:15 PM
No TWS for us....feverishly working toward big conference In October. 100+ hour weeks don't leave much time for anything else....hope to make ECR.

David Love AI27
07-28-2010, 09:45 PM
I signed up...

To work... please wave when you go by... corner working is very boring

Rob Liebbe
07-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Let us know what corner, maybe we can buzz your station on the cool-down laps!!!!

gt40
07-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Looks like I'll be there, but without the car. Too much going on with the new job and the baby to get the car back together in time and I'm not going to rush it. Eagle's Canyon this time.

See you guys there!UPDATE: Looks like The Wife has made other plans for me this weekend. See you guys at EC (Hopefully with a car that doesn't have parts falling off of it!)

Rob Liebbe
07-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Is anyone coming to this event. I don't want to sweat my ass off for nothing.

GlennCMC70
07-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Test & Tune for Nat's. Come get you some.

RichardP
07-29-2010, 10:08 PM

Hard to tell. Seems to be a general lack of interest. No one has compiled a list of people who have signed up, like normal???

The (original) orange CMC2 car will be there with Dan Allford sharing driving duties with a hobbling Chris Marvel. Dan will be also be doing the Friday afternoon practice.

Richard P.

Todd Covini
07-29-2010, 10:25 PM
I'll be there playing the role of race director while Clifton shakes down his new Nationals hooptie. The series directors are falling down on the job.

Where's the roster of attendees?
Where's the Saturday nite plans?
Should I even bother to bring the margarita machine??

-=- Todd

ShadowBolt
07-29-2010, 10:43 PM
I'll be there playing the role of race director while Clifton shakes down his new Nationals hooptie.

Shift when the light come on.

You guys have fun.

JJ

Chuck
07-29-2010, 11:19 PM

I signed up. That makes three in CMC with Glen. Anyone else?

Chuck
CMC#14

edrock96GT
07-29-2010, 11:40 PM
I'll be there playing the role of race director while Clifton shakes down his new Nationals hooptie. The series directors are falling down on the job.

-=- Todd

1. Dunno
2. Play "Drink the beer"
3. Yes
:lol:

michaelmosty
07-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Dang, it sucks putting off working on the car until the last minute. Just got in from getting the car set to go for this weekend.
I'll load everything up and wash the car tomorrow morning. Hope to be there a little after Noon for the 1/2 day practice.
I hope my brakes work as cool as they look. :wink:

evarner
07-30-2010, 07:12 AM
#2 is ready

-Fixed convertible top motor
-Sirus radio antenna mounted
-Ashtray door repaired so loose change stays put
-Headlights non-luminescent

See you brochachos tomorrow. 8)

Waco Racer
07-30-2010, 08:13 AM

-=- Todd

1. I will not be in a car this weekend or any weekend for the rest of the year.
2. There's some reluctance from the NASA Texas office to send me a current list. Y'all will have to find out at the track.
3. See #4
4. You cant have #3 unless you have the machine!

AllZWay
07-30-2010, 08:56 AM

I was told the overall attendance is really bad, not just AI/CMC.

I would still be there if I could have been, but I am not really going to miss 100+ temps either.

BryanL
07-30-2010, 09:00 AM

You could stand to sweat a little off :lol:

But that is the problem with an event this time of year. The heat keeps a good amount of people away. Especially those that have never used a cool suit.

Love-don't drive your race car out to your corner or Glenn might think its a target :P

I'm still looking to come down Sat morning for the burritos and green hot sauce. Undecided on whether I come back Sat night.

Al Fernandez
07-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I'll be getting on an airplane about the time you guys take the track for warmup. I'm certainly going to miss hanging out with you psychos. Have fun and be safe!!

I have a big stack of winners stickers I'm giving to Todd today so all of you guys that are missing any make sure you hit Todd up for them!!!

Alien
07-30-2010, 10:07 AM

I signed up. That makes three in CMC with Glen. Anyone else?

Chuck
CMC#14

Nick and I will be there as well.

Wirtz
07-30-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm coming out to play. I'll probably roll in fairly late as I need to finish up some work on the car after I get off work.

Look at the garage signup sheet NASA posted to get a rough idea on who's coming out.

ShadowBolt
07-30-2010, 10:50 AM

I was told the overall attendance is really bad, not just AI/CMC.

I would still be there if I could have been, but I am not really going to miss 100+ temps either.

If my car was not broken I would be there hot or not. I don't like the heat but I hate missing a race weekend. Why the hell do we race in August? I've done TDE in Feb. with morning temps in the upper 20's that were more comfortable than TWS in August. If I remember correctly it was over 105 the last two years. I may drive the Lightning down Sat. morning just to hang out a while.

Even had I fixed the engine in the car with a .67 fifth gear it's no fun at TWS even going clockwise......my fav. These mod motor parts are expensive as hell. I could spend over $3000.00 on parts and machine work alone! Add that to the cost of an A5 and everything it takes to hook it up and I'm looking at close to $7000.00 to get back on track.

JJ

Fbody383
07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm coming out to play. I'll probably roll in fairly late as I need to finish up some work on the car after I get off work. Give Landrum and Liebbe a little national prep for me.

Too bad I'm missing it since I actually stay on in turn "one" going clockwise.

I don't mind the heat so much but our family schedule is all over the place. Be safe and drink lots of water when the big fireball is in the sky.

I'm certainly going to miss hanging out with you psychos.Pederson, he must be talking about you guys.

Al Fernandez
07-31-2010, 07:03 PM
I dont know Jerry...maybe you should part out the mod motor and go with a 5.0 and a T5?

ShadowBolt
07-31-2010, 07:58 PM
I dont know Jerry...maybe you should part out the mod motor and go with a 5.0 and a T5?

Yeah right.
JJ

gt40
08-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Ok, somebody better tell the rest of us what happened to Liebbie. Looks like he hit a tire wall in Marvel's photo.

donovan
08-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Ok, somebody better tell the rest of us what happened to Liebbie. Looks like he hit a tire wall in Marvel's photo.

or a Camaro?

DD

jeffburch
08-01-2010, 01:18 PM

Yeah right.
JJ

Is this an admission that the recent progression of the series as not being the proper direction?

jb

jeffburch
08-01-2010, 01:20 PM

I heard he got Stacy'd :wink:

jb

ShadowBolt
08-01-2010, 01:27 PM

Yeah right.
JJ

Is this an admission that the recent progression of the series as not being the proper direction?

jb

The mod motor just sucks to work on in the car with long tubes. I will be installing a T5 (or A5) because again the only fifth gear is a .68. Also with long tubes and the T45 you have to pull the engine to change the clutch. These long tubes make everything a bitch but I guess the little 2.80 c.i. ha to have them to even get close to making CMC2 power.......I guess you are right Jeff.

JJ

ShadowBolt
08-01-2010, 01:30 PM

I can't get the gallery to work or I would post the pic of Rob's car. Looks like it really got fubared!

JJ

Rob Liebbe
08-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I will post something in a fresh thread later tonight - hopefully.

Rob Liebbe
08-01-2010, 04:14 PM

AllZWay
08-01-2010, 05:49 PM

What? And results?

BryanL
08-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm locking this thread. Check the Racing section as I will start a new post.