PDA

View Full Version : Spare helmet?

Casey_SS
08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Anybody got a spare helmet I could borrow for my first race at ECR? I'm running an M-rated helmet now...need an SA2000 or better to pass tech but the 2010's won't be available until mid-Oct. Trying to avoid having to buy a 2005 with the 2010's just around the corner...

Thanks.
Casey

Waco Racer
08-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Size? What head and neck device do you have?

kbrewmr2
08-04-2010, 09:29 AM
if you have a mounting post kit for your H&N restraint I've got an open face SA2000, large size, that I'd let you use. LMK.

Todd Covini
08-04-2010, 09:44 PM
You can borrow my whole she-bang...helmet & HANS.
I don't seem to have a use for them lately. :roll:

-=- Todd

gt40
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
if you have a mounting post kit for your H&N restraint I've got an open face SA2000, large size, that I'd let you use. LMK.I have a mounting post kit and tethers I'll sell.

kbrewmr2
08-05-2010, 09:22 AM

-=- Todd

You keep telling me how cheap CMC cars are, surely you could've bought one by now :P :wink:

ShadowBolt
08-05-2010, 10:57 AM

-=- Todd

You keep telling me how cheap CMC cars are, surely you could've bought one by now :P :wink:

The 2 car had a good price on it.

JJ

Todd Covini
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
It's not the price of the racecar that's stopping me...

It's the price of the earnest money, option fee, home inspector, pest inspector, pool inspector, origination fee, appraisal fee, credit report fee, underwriting fee, loan administration fee, verification fee, messenger fee, recording fee, flood certification fee, warehouse fee, settlement fee, title policy fee, attorney fee, recording fee, survey fee, title company fee, HOA fees, interest, taxes, hazard insurance, (shall I go on?)...that's stopping me. :lol:

-=- Todd

Casey_SS
08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Ahh - the joys of purchasing a home. Everyone gets their piece of the pie.

Thanks for all the offers guys....much appreciated. As far as size goes, I'm using a Medium HJC right now and it feels just right. For one weekend though, I'll take what I can get. I have a HANS device with sliding tethers...it uses standard anchors like these:
http://hansdevice.com/Standard-Helmet-Anchors;jsessionid=0a0103551f43041174804bec4bbd971 8be43d12fcb93.e3eSchmSbxaRe34Pa38Ta38Ma350

Toodd - borrowing your setup eliminates the need to drill holes in someone else's helmet. Thanks! What size? I'll take you up on the offer just want to know how many extra balaclavas I should bring with me to make it fit :)

ShadowBolt
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
What size? I'll take you up on the offer just want to know how many extra balaclavas I should bring with me to make it fit :)

I'm guessing 27 balaclavas.

JJ

Todd Covini
08-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Have you ever heard of "Big Head Todd and the Monsters"?

GlennCMC70
08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSP17visk8

BryanL
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM

It's the price of the earnest money, option fee, home inspector, pest inspector, pool inspector, origination fee, appraisal fee, credit report fee, underwriting fee, loan administration fee, verification fee, messenger fee, recording fee, flood certification fee, warehouse fee, settlement fee, title policy fee, attorney fee, recording fee, survey fee, title company fee, HOA fees, interest, taxes, hazard insurance, (shall I go on?)...that's stopping me. :lol:

-=- Todd

So is that a little higher than a one month rental deposit? And then you don't care if the fence falls down, the a/c breaks, or the roof is old. Just make sure you are going to be there 5 years before you buy a place for most on a 30 year. Even then with commissions if the house doesn't appreciate (probably won't in the next 5) its a loser.

gt40
08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
http://hansdevice.com/Standard-Helmet-Anchors;jsessionid=0a0103551f43041174804bec4bbd971 8be43d12fcb93.e3eSchmSbxaRe34Pa38Ta38Ma350
Yep - that's what I have.

Mrs. Crumpacker
08-05-2010, 07:06 PM
How much do you sweat from your head? I have a small Bell with anchors that I can bring to ECR. I don't know the sizing difference b/t the 2...

Adam Ginsberg
08-05-2010, 07:35 PM

Then you suck balls at home negotiations. You should be ashamed, Mr. Former Union Negotiator.

When we bought our place in CA back in March, I got the seller to pay ALL CLOSING FEES. Every last penny - impound accounts, insurance, taxes, the works. All we had to put in was our down payment.

Casey_SS
08-05-2010, 11:57 PM
How much do you sweat from your head? I have a small Bell with anchors that I can bring to ECR. I don't know the sizing difference b/t the 2...

Thanks Darcie! I've always been what I consider a "light" sweater compared to most. I'll also be wearing a balaclava, so hopefully the sweat factor won't be too bad. I'm not sure how the sizes run between different brands but if you can bring it with you that'd be awesome. If it's just way too small (doubt it) then I can hopefully use Todd's large x huge lid and just shim it with some 1/4" SFI foam I have left over from "shimming" my seat :mrgreen:

Todd - I think Darcie's is most likely to fit the best but can you bring yours as backup just in case?

Thanks everyone....you guys rock!

Casey_SS
08-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks to everyone for the loaner offers. After some more research, I went ahead and bought a 2005 model....the length of time I can use it is much longer than I originally thought and the differences in the 2010s aren't that big a deal. Should be good to go now....