PDA

View Full Version : Adam's job rating

Garbage
06-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Adam,

I think you have done a good job with CMC/AI Texas. You have a family and a full time job. You have done an admirable job with the time you have dedicated toward this series. There are not many people in this series with the patient or charisma to put up with the crap the racers give you. I salute you for that...and you have my respect.

I am after consistancy and safety in our race weekends. That is all I have ever wanted from the beginning. If you take the time to re-read all of my posts, that is all I have ever harped on from the directors. I wish only the best for this series. Many people have invested large amounts of money in their cars and simply want to race. They want race in safety, but yet there is a certain amount of recognition for their accomplishment they want to receive. Everybody in this group has a certain amount of pride. Why else would they race? Competition is in their blood.

We just want consistancy from weekend to weekend! We want safety weekend to weekend. That is the common complaint from every post I have read...Fuck the politics. Concentrate on those aspects and I think most racers will be happy.

Sincerely,
David Armstrong

donovan
06-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Well said David... I agree with you 100%.

Consistancy is what we need, I think if we could get some consistancy some of the other issues will worked out over time.

David D.

marshall_mosty
06-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I think along with consistancy we should all have icecream... yum :D

Kidding aside, both Adam AND Todd (with DD and RP in the background) have done an excellent job of getting everything together in a series that is growing faster than worldcom and the best that 2000 had to offer. I just pray that we don't crash, but I know we won't with the leadership we have at the helm.

All of us are out there to have fun. Very few of us have sponsors that we have to impress and keep intimate tabs with (I know I don't have the time to with my job and family), so we concentrate on the "fun" instead of the well oiled machine that is Grand-AM cup, ALMS, World Challenge or other events that cost as much in a weekend as I have in my entire race setup.

There are several reasons we are all at the grassroots hobby racing level.

1. To have fun
2. Race cars
3. Hit the "speed" crack pipe
4. Enjoy a good group of friends that would otherwise never meet.

We are a wide group of people from "garbage" to NASA and everywhere in between. (No personal attack on you DA, I know your job isn't REALLY garbage... :wink: )

The thread that holds this entire disfunctional diverse family together is leadership, and we got some of the best.

mitchntx
06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
I typed this with no one in particular in mind. It's not addressed to anyone specific ...

If anyone would want Adam or Todd's head on a platter it would be me.

The riffs caused by us 3 butting heads is a very public affair. So it stands to reason, right?

Wrong.

I don't always agree ... well rarely agree ... with them and their mentality. OK ... so BFD. It's not life and death drama here. In the grans scheme of things, this racing thing is very small potatoes.

Want to know what BIG potatoes are?

Have a parent die in your arms.

Go clean up a brother's apartment who took his own life.

Go visit your mom and have her not recognize you.

Take your kid to the hospital to have yet another life saving procedure.

Watch your wife be unable to unfurl herself from the fetal position from some unseen malady of which even the doctors scratch their head and shrug their shoulders.

All this is drama is so insignificant.

If this is all some of you have to worry about, consider yourself damned lucky.

Rate the series directors?

Have they not lead a series from a car count of 4 or 5 and turned that into 20 or 25 in 2 years?

How else can success be measured?

Are they perfect? Hell no ... if they were, they'd be driving GMs.

I like the term consistency.

But who is being inconsistent here? The race directors or is it the NASA-Tx?
Who seems to "shoot from the hip" more? The race directors or NASA-Tx?
Who can we call for a personal counselling session?The race directors or NASA-Tx?
Who knows the series rules? The race directors or NASA-Tx?
Who seems to blow in the wind when it comes to making a decision? The race directors or NASA-Tx?

If we a'gonna have a linching ... let's make sure the rope is around the appropriate neck.

So, can we all just get over ourselves andf get beyond this period of bashing each other and get on to the race weekend?

GlennCMC70
06-22-2006, 10:51 PM
i too think they both have the CMC AI AIX group in their best intrest. i think they do very well.
but...... (well it is me!) i do think that since they are the designated representatives for CMC AI AIX they should be more open about issues being delt w/ on our behalf between us and NASA. i would like to hear about CMCAIAIX buisiness more frequently and i would like more info about whats going on behind the scenes.
delegation. learn to delegate. we have lots of tallent here in our group, use them. lots of guys have stepped up, some have been used.

overall, i've learned to like these guys. they have a tough job and take a beating.
Keep your head up guys. Keep fighting the good fight.

cjlmlml
06-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Mitch,

Thanks for putting things in perspective. You are 100% on track.

But, you already know that. I hope everyone will read your post.

One thing to add-

Be a man- If you have a problem with someone , go to that person directly.

Be accountable for your actions.

gt40
06-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Be a man- If you have a problem with someone , go to that person directly.I want to emphasize this. There's no faster way to piss me off than to have an issue with me and not discuss it with me.

If I have a problem with anyone , I'll talk to you about it directly and I expect the same courtesy.

(I do want to make it crystal clear that I do not have any issues with anyone right now, and I don't THINK anyone has any issues with me. I just wanted to underline what cjlmlml said.)

NASA13
06-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Be a man- If you have a problem with someone , go to that person directly.

Be accountable for your actions.

I Second this one.