PDA

View Full Version : cool shirt

Jeremy Gunter
08-08-2010, 04:11 PM
anybody know where to find extension tubes for coolsuits on the cheap?

mitchntx
08-08-2010, 04:44 PM
anybody know where to find extension tubes for coolsuits on the cheap?

Cut the fittings off your lines. The fittings won't come off the ends, you'll have to cut them off.

At home depot they have double ended barb fittings and clear tygon tubing. I can't recall the size exactly, but buy a pair of the double barbed fittings and as much tubing as you need.

Everything was maybe $5.

I had to heat the tubing to get the barbed fittings pushed all the way inside the tube. And to make sure nothing leaked or came apart, I ran about 4" long segment of heat shrink around the ends and barbed fittings as insurance.

I then attached the cool shirt fittings on the end of the Home Depot tyogon tubing.

I added about 12" to the tubes on my shirt. I decided to cut the shirt because the lines in the car are insulated.

Jeremy Gunter
08-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks Mitch!

David Love AI27
08-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Anybody know how to "clear" the connections? Mine were stopped up at TWS on sunday... the heat kicked this old man's butt... I had no feel for the car, I really should have got out, just glad I didn't get in anybodies way... last 4 laps I pulled it back to 8/10ths till the 21 car started to gain on me...

edrock96GT
08-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Anybody know how to "clear" the connections? Mine were stopped up at TWS on sunday... the heat kicked this old man's butt... I had no feel for the car, I really should have got out, just glad I didn't get in anybodies way... last 4 laps I pulled it back to 8/10ths till the 21 car started to gain on me...

Hahaha nice!

I'd like to know too. I want to get all the water out so I don't grow algae in the off season that I have to bleach out.

mitchntx
08-09-2010, 06:13 AM
David, I had the bright idea of putting water bottles in my cooler. The glue from the label dissolved enough come off in small chunks.

What a mess.

I used hot tap water to clear the lines, having to swap the inlet and outlet at the cooler to back flush.

Tip:
Route the discharge of the pump to an external bucket. Otherwise you will recirculate the crap in the lines. Don't ask me how I know this ...

Ed, circulating a solution of Simple Green at the end of the weekend and over the off season will keep the lines clean.

AllZWay
08-09-2010, 08:03 AM

I used my brake vacuum bleeder and connected it to the hoses on the pump end.
It broke the crap that was growing in the lines free. Then I ran some bleech water through the whole system for a couple of hours.