PDA

View Full Version : Figured out my brake issue

NASA13
06-23-2006, 12:12 AM
For those of you who were aware.
In R4 I complained of my brake going to near floor level and bad fade one lap later... we dismissed it as fluid boiling.
Well as it turns out , while chasing Glenn and pushing on that middle pedal harder than ever. The brake switch jammed up against the steering column brace causing my brakes to stick partially on and essentially fry the pads and rotors on all four corners. ooops. Verdict: improper preflight/pilot error.

I thought Glenn had nitrous. :lol: I guess not. I wonder if I can still get my money back for the protest?
I would love to see some pics of yalls brake switches to see why the hell mine was in a position to get stuck up there. I have never seen that failure mode before. anyone else in a fox seen this?
Glenn I am certainly not taking anything away from your driving in R4 , I am sure the outcome would have been the same. Great racing.

Adam Ginsberg
06-23-2006, 06:46 AM
Corey - that's the exact same problem we had last year with my car. We discovered and fixed it during Hallett last year.

Our symptoms were you'd step on the pedal, but it would not come back up all the way, and the brakes never fully released ( we could feel it ). Putting a foot under the pedal and pulling UP would release it.

No need to fix it, tho. It's perfect the way it is. ;)

CMC17
06-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Glad to hear you found the problem and will have it repaired before TWS. We need to circle the Mustangs and fend off those wretched GM cars. :lol:

Rob Liebbe
06-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Could have something to do with reinstalling the brake switch during a booster change in the middle of the night at MSR-Houston.

Fix it please - I don't want yellow paint on the back of my car.

mitchntx
06-23-2006, 08:10 AM
We need to circle the Mustangs and fend off those wretched GM cars. :lol:

Always with the negative waves ...

AI#97
06-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Glad to hear you found the problem and will have it repaired before TWS. We need to circle the Mustangs and fend off those wretched GM cars. :lol:

Just latch onto my bumper and I will drag you around in my vortex! :wink:

CMC17
06-23-2006, 10:26 AM
We need to circle the Mustangs and fend off those wretched GM cars. :lol:

Always with the negative waves ...

Now now, Mitch. Don't get all sour on me at this point. We've known each other way too long for you to let my meaningless banter get to you.

I will substitute GM for Camaros. Make ya feel better?

<inserts apologetic cat pic>

CMC17
06-23-2006, 10:28 AM

Just latch onto my bumper and I will drag you around in my vortex! :wink:

Thx for the offer, but doubt if anyone will be close to me unless they can break 1:58. <insert humor smiley>