PDA

View Full Version : Need Camaro Parts

Rob Liebbe
08-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Did I say that out loud?

One of my possible rides for Nationals is a Camaro!?!?!?! (Number 5 - red and white - came from California - has hood retention problems - the seat is too close to the steering wheel :) ). However, it is currently configured for CMC2 including bigger front brakes. I want to run in CMC1 so we will need to get rid of those fancy front brakes and the car owner sold the old parts to some guy with an orange Camaro in Pearland or Sugarland or some other Houston suburb. Oh he might not have enough 16" wheels either. :roll:

Sooo....I need '99 and up LS1 front brake calipers, cages, rotors, and pads. I will buy new pads and rotors, but need to beg, borrow, steal or buy a set of cailpers and cages. The car owner is checking his wheel inventory but backup plans are welcomed.

PM me or call me at 281-413-1948.

Thanks.

RichardP
08-11-2010, 10:04 AM
The Orange Camaro in Houston has ten 16" CMC legal wheels available to borrow for nationals.

Richard P.

Rob Liebbe
08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
The Orange Camaro in Houston has ten 16" CMC legal wheels available to borrow for nationals.

Richard P.

Thanks Richard - I was actually thinking of a different orange Camaro in Houston about the brakes. I will keep your wheels in mind.

BryanL
08-11-2010, 11:11 AM
I have a set of 98-02 16" snowflakes you can have.

Also have spare brake pads/rotors if you want to take some. On my car I have what I assume is one original caliper and one O'Reilly's reman caliper. You are welcome to use them if you want. I'll look into another idea I have and let you know if I can come up with anything else.

What about fuel jugs and what octane you should take with you?

Todd Covini
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
I have gold chains and chest hair you can borrow.

-=- T

David Love AI27
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Did I say that out loud?

One of my possible rides for Nationals is a Camaro!?!?!?! (Number 5 - red and white - came from California - has hood retention problems - the seat is too close to the steering wheel :) ). However, it is currently configured for CMC2 including bigger front brakes. I want to run in CMC1 so we will need to get rid of those fancy front brakes and the car owner sold the old parts to some guy with an orange Camaro in Pearland or Sugarland or some other Houston suburb. Oh he might not have enough 16" wheels either. :roll:

Sooo....I need '99 and up LS1 front brake calipers, cages, rotors, and pads. I will buy new pads and rotors, but need to beg, borrow, steal or buy a set of cailpers and cages. The car owner is checking his wheel inventory but backup plans are welcomed.

PM me or call me at 281-413-1948.

Thanks.

DUDE!?!?.. LiiR has a white 3rd Gen CMC1 legal... load it on Al's trailer and meet him at the track.. Spare transmission needs RR 5th and a set of front rotors would be good to have... we have 3 sets of rims and a full set of full tread RA1s (unmounted for rains)... there is a PDS coming up at TWS... OR TDE is having an event at MSR Houston THIS WEEKEND for testing!!! We are also prepared to freshen valve springs and any other parts to make the HP numbers....

You have my number...

mitchntx
08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I just bought a complete front suspension and K-Member from a 2000 Trans AM.

The brakes, lowers and uppers are destined for the black 93 we are currently building as a back up car.

It's going to be number 70948 and we'll just tape over the numbers we don't need.

But, you are certainly welcome to use whatever you need to make Al's car legal.

mitchntx
08-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I just bought a complete front suspension and K-Member from a 2000 Trans AM.

The brakes, lowers and uppers are destined for the black 93 we are currently building as a 2012 F1 entry.

It's going to be number 70948 and we'll just tape over the numbers we don't need.

But, you are certainly welcome to use whatever you need to make Al's car legal.

Fixed. 8)

AllZWay
08-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't have spare brake parts...but would loan mine.

I do have two sets of 16" wheels with usable RA1's that I would loan and have 1 set with 888's that I would also loan if you wanted a set of rains to take with you.

Pretty far out of your way unless you wanted to stop by on your way out of Texas.

rpoz27
08-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I got an event on August 28 & 29, if you need seat time, Rob. Also, have an Open Track Day from 2-6 on August 27. Lemme know what you need.

Fbody383
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I do have two sets of wheels and RA1s you could pick from.

I have a brand new pair of XP10s in the box and brand new rotors.

It might be easier to grab Mitch's uprights and calipers... unless you just want my car hobbled for ECR... (sneaky little...)

red and white - came from California
Oh I see... you don't like orange.

PM Sent.

Rob Liebbe
08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
For all those who have offered me cars. Please do not take offense that did not choose your ride. There are many factors involved including logistics, time, etc. I am still amazed and humbled by all the offers.

I asked about the parts as part of a feasibility investigation. Plus with every other car I have this fear of wrecking your car and I would be devastated if that happened. For some strange reason, those feelings aren't as strong with Al's car. I don't know why. :?

Anybody making the trip between Ft Worth and Houston anytime soon? Or Ft Worth and Austin this weekend? Mitch evidently has some parts I could use.

mitchntx
08-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Before we start boxing up parts and shipping stuff around Texas, check your local O'Reilly's.

I bought a set of loaded reman calipers for $35 each (plus core).

They come with new seals, cages, new guide pins, boots and junk brake pads.

What I have now is used ... and you are welcome to them.

GlennCMC70
08-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Rob - I have a set of 16" wheels w/ new RA1's - not even scrubbed. I also have a complete set of calipers and frames. Been sitting in a box for 6 years. I can have a Co-Worker bring them back w/ him from Fort Worth next week.

The tires are yours, give back whats left. I even have a new set of pads for the front (bedded at TWS R1).

Fbody383
08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I bought a set of loaded reman calipers for $35 each (plus core). Rob's going to ask anyway... need LS1 uprights correct?

I know I changed mine; could have been Al's prank on the rookie I guess.

That and a "used" door with the original window sticker on the glass.

mitchntx
08-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I bought a set of loaded reman calipers for $35 each (plus core). Rob's going to ask anyway... need LS1 uprights correct?

If you got his brake package, he should already have the knuckles.

Fbody383
08-11-2010, 05:44 PM

If you got his brake package, he should already have the knuckles.

I suck. You're right.

Rob, you just need to unbolt that blingy-bling stuff. See, always ask Mitch.

He has a cat.

donovan
08-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I am heading to FT. Worth Friday, I can hook up with Mitch if needed.

I can order OEM parts now too:
1999 Camaro Z28
Not the best deal on the Calipers
Cardone 18-4693 Front L $40 ($55 Core)
Cardone 18-4692 Front R $40 ($55 Core)

Rotors Front:
PBR (OEM) 18060640 $30 each
3 in stock

Rotor Rear:
PBR (OEM) 18060239 $29 each
2 in stock

DD