PDA

View Full Version : GTA Wheels

Greg_FW
09-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Want to find a set of GTA wheels... need to pull weight out of an incoming IROC with its original 23 lb OEMs.

Nick
09-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I've got 4, rear offset, two black and two ever popular gold!

David Love AI27
09-10-2010, 09:53 AM
I've got 4, rear offset, two black and two ever popular gold!

PM me if no one else is interested...

michaelmosty
09-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Greg, what is the status of the new car? You going to make ECR or will it be next year?

Greg_FW
09-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I know there's a difference in the fronts and rears regarding offset but I don't remember what I should look for. I am interested, however.

As to the car, I think I can get it here in time for ECR. The fun part is that the first time I drive it might be that weekend.

GlennCMC70
09-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I know there's a difference in the fronts and rears regarding offset but I don't remember what I should look for. I am interested, however.

As to the car, I think I can get it here in time for ECR. The fun part is that the first time I drive it might be that weekend.

So what did you buy? I know a 3rd gen, but who's?

Alien
09-10-2010, 10:21 PM
You can fit the front wheels on the rear, but you can't fit the rears on the front. (Maybe you can with spacers, I don't know)

Greg_FW
09-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Seller is Larry Vanderford (deal is not quite complete).

Funny part is it will be my second purchase of a white 3rd gen from Gilroy, CA. Larry and my previous car's owner are friends and the two cars were set up very similarly in terms of suspension and drivetrain.

AllZWay
09-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Congrats Greg... You gonna make ECR in the new car?

Greg_FW
09-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Current effort is aimed at ECR. Love the track and miss the racers so I hope to finish out the season as a participant. I really appreciate all the support and good wishes.

Wirtz
09-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Grats on the car. Hope to see you at EC.

Most run the fronts on all 4 corners. They have more offset. Allows for easy rim swapping.

You should be able to run spacers and run 4 rears however. Don't try to run rears on the front without spacers. I thought the back of the rim is against the caliper mounting but I have not tried it myself. I'd imagine you'd end up with two different spacer thickness, one front and one rear. As long as they stay with the hub, should be ok.

Jeff