PDA

View Full Version : HELP

ShadowBolt
09-10-2010, 10:55 AM
When I took the motor out of my car I could not get the fuel line that runs between the fuel rails off. It looks like a vacuum hose and does not even have a clamp. I cut it off with a pair of dikes assuming I would use a new hose when I went back together. Well, the hose is part of the fuel rail assembly and you can't buy just the hose (according to Ford dealer). I don't know how it works. The rubber is just covering a steel line. Can I just push the cut off hose back on? The hose turns but you can't pull it off. I wanted to get the car running this weekend but with no fuel rail assembly.........

This is Ford part number is XR3E-9F792-HD (at least that is what is on the hose)

JJ

David Love AI27
09-10-2010, 11:04 AM
I am going to the shop @ noon... I will look at the motor sitting on the floor and see what it has...

Adam Ginsberg
09-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Jerry - you need to find a new set of rails. All of those lines are under pressure, and cobbling it back together isn't a great idea.

Look around - you should be able to find another set of rails.

FWIW, the crossover line between the rails isn't meant to come apart. You remove the entire rail assembly as one piece.

donovan
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
I have a set, comes with a complete engine, engine not running.

:-)

DD

ShadowBolt
09-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Jerry - you need to find a new set of rails. All of those lines are under pressure, and cobbling it back together isn't a great idea.

Look around - you should be able to find another set of rails.

FWIW, the crossover line between the rails isn't meant to come apart. You remove the entire rail assembly as one piece.

Got that now.
There is a repair kit.
JJ