PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Tech ~ Just what is CMC/2 legal?

Fbody383
09-19-2010, 03:50 PM
For the soon to come National's DQ discussions...

7.1 Allowed Modifications
Other than those items specifically allowed by the rules, no other part or component may be modified, removed, or disabled. If there are any "questionable" or "gray" area modifications, the competitor shall
contact the CMC Board of Directors for clarification before competition.

Replacement parts must be original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or others of equivalent OEM specifications. (i.e. – OEM replacement parts from any retailer are allowed provided they meet OEM specifications and do not offer a performance improvement over the OEM part they replace.)

Limited production components and/or prototypes must be approved by a Director prior to competition to ensure their use and lack of availability to all competitors will not result in a competitive advantage.

I read the first sentence to require the CMC Board of Directors, not simply a director, to approve the lexan windows.

So I can I put in an MSD opti replacement and keep a Nationals win?

Even though I hated to see it, if the 5X car blew up the dyno ~ since that is clearly performance enhancing, I understand that DQ.

But DQing Balingit on a "technical" issue while letting another "technical" violation stand, doesn't sit well with me.

I guess I better get my foam core dash cover approval in writing.