PDA

View Full Version : Practice day at TWS in February for MSRH?

HoustonNW
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
The 1.8 mile road course at TWS looks like it would be good practice for Houston:

http://texasworldspeedway.com/the-track/track-diagram/track-specs.html

Would anyone be interested in a Test-n-Tune on a Friday in January or February? If we have enough interest maybe Misty would consider running the 1.8 instead of the 2.9.

Edit to change from Cresson to Houston, same idea applies however.

marshall_mosty
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
If anyone would like to run CBP at Cresson on Friday before the event (assuming it's a member day), they are more than welcome to come out and run my guest pass that day. $20+tax for a 30-minute session.

I guess we will have to wait for NASA to firm up the 2011 schedule to make sure that CBP will work.

ShadowBolt
10-12-2010, 02:40 PM
If anyone would like to run CBP at Cresson on Friday before the event (assuming it's a member day), they are more than welcome to come out and run my guest pass that day. $20+tax for a 30-minute session.

I guess we will have to wait for NASA to firm up the 2011 schedule to make sure that CBP will work.

MINE MINE MINE!

JJ

GlennCMC70
10-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Dates are set, just not official.

marshall_mosty
10-12-2010, 07:49 PM

MINE MINE MINE!

JJYou've got it Jerry...

Casey_SS
10-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I want the next place in line if Jerry can't make it :D

cobra132
10-12-2010, 11:53 PM
What are the unofficial dates???

GlennCMC70
10-13-2010, 06:14 AM
What are the unofficial dates???

Cant tell you, they are not official yet.

Al Fernandez
10-13-2010, 07:23 AM
:lol:
Unofficially...the schedule is within one weekend of this years with the exception of the last event being at MSR-H instead of ECR

BryanL
10-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Unofficially...the schedule is within one weekend of this years with the exception of the last event being at MSR-H instead of ECR
So does that mean no ECR and two events at MSR-H? If so that stinks.

GlennCMC70
10-13-2010, 03:04 PM

I does no good to tell us here. Tell Jay and Shannon.

kbrewmr2
10-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Glen's right - let 'em know at the top. There are alot of TTers that feel the same way so hopefully between them, you guys, get some other classes to speak up as well...

BryanL
10-13-2010, 03:33 PM
How would you suggest we contact them? For some reason I think they could care less about my opinion :?

Since a few have asked about my plans for next year and if I was racing. Two events in Houston will likely mean I miss more events than I had planned on doing. I'm interested in hitting a Driver's Edge Event at Cresson or ECR next year too.

I'm pretty sure I picked up a second or two last week when some shaved RA1's showed up at the office. Watch out Patterson-well maybe not him but the rest in AI might :lol: Other plans to the car should drop times as well.

GlennCMC70
10-13-2010, 04:47 PM
How would you suggest we contact them? For some reason I think they could care less about my opinion :?

Since a few have asked about my plans for next year and if I was racing. Two events in Houston will likely mean I miss more events than I had planned on doing. I'm interested in hitting a Driver's Edge Event at Cresson or ECR next year too.

I'm pretty sure I picked up a second or two last week when some shaved RA1's showed up at the office. Watch out Patterson-well maybe not him but the rest in AI might :lol: Other plans to the car should drop times as well.

Info@nasatx.com
For them to not care about your opinion, you first have to give it to them. Put the ball in their court. It may not matter when only Bryan L emails them, but when 20. 30, 50 folks do, it will have an impact. Weather or not that impact will change things, I have no clue.

ECR had a very low turn-out. ECR is suposedly the most expensive rental. Do the math.

gt40
10-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Info@nasatx.com
For them to not care about your opinion, you first have to give it to them. Put the ball in their court. It may not matter when only Bryan L emails them, but when 20. 30, 50 folks do, it will have an impact. Weather or not that impact will change things, I have no clue.

ECR had a very low turn-out. ECR is suposedly the most expensive rental. Do the math.It makes sense, from a business perspective IF they can replace it with something cheaper and with better turnout.

How about this as an alternative:

1 - Eliminate the existing TWS enduro and have that revert to a normal race weekend.
2 - Replace the ECR weekend with a end-of-the-season return to TWS. Saturday would be a normal schedule. Sunday would be a dawn-to-dusk enduro weekend to put a finish to the season.
3 - Move that event to Austin if/when that track becomes available.

AllZWay
10-13-2010, 05:41 PM

It really stinks... I don't want to make that drive twice in one year.

Sounds like it is a done deal anyway.

ShadowBolt
10-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Info@nasatx.com

ECR had a very low turn-out. ECR is suposedly the most expensive rental. Do the math.It makes sense, from a business perspective IF they can replace it with something cheaper and with better turnout.

1 - Eliminate the existing TWS enduro and have that revert to a normal race weekend.
2 - Replace the ECR weekend with a end-of-the-season return to TWS. Saturday would be a normal schedule. Sunday would be a dawn-to-dusk enduro weekend to put a finish to the season.

I don't want the enduro on any of the six race weekends. So three weekends at TWS? I don't think so.

JJ

GlennCMC70
10-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Info@nasatx.com

I hope you sent that to them and not just posted it here forme to do for you.
Also, NASA cant just walk in a say "we will take these tracks on these dates. " :roll:

David Love AI27
10-13-2010, 07:15 PM
3 events at Cresson short course CW and CCW
and long course

2 at TWS 2.9 CW and CCW

1 event at Hallett

Screw MSR Houston and Eagle's Turd raceway

MikeP99Z
10-13-2010, 07:20 PM
The enduro is going to be on the Friday before the April TWS event, and will not affect the normal sprint race schedule for the weekend.

David Love AI27
10-13-2010, 07:29 PM
The enduro is going to be on the Friday before the April TWS event, and will not affect the normal sprint race schedule for the weekend.

Matus is gonna spring for cornerworkers for 3 days??????????????????????

Have fun guys, I'll be flagging...

GlennCMC70
10-13-2010, 07:30 PM

It has been sponsored from outside of NASA.

David Love AI27
10-13-2010, 07:53 PM

It has been sponsored from outside of NASA.

EVEN BETTER... more $ for cornerworkers...

MikeP99Z
10-13-2010, 08:45 PM
10-hour - exact times TBD.

Lights / reflective numbers will likely be required.

marshall_mosty
10-13-2010, 09:42 PM
What is the expected release date of the "official" schedule? I need to start scheduling vacation time and make sure I don't let "work" get in the middle of "play"...

cobra132
10-14-2010, 07:05 AM
What Marshall said. ??????? My schedule is made 3 to 6 months in advance.

marshall_mosty
10-14-2010, 10:46 AM
What is the expected release date of the "official" schedule? I need to start scheduling vacation time and make sure I don't let "work" get in the middle of "play"...I sent the same post in an email form to "info@nasatx.com".. We will see what the response is.

David Love AI27
10-14-2010, 11:25 AM
What Marshall said. ??????? My schedule is made 3 to 6 months in advance.

People actually plan what they stick up their butt, 3 months in advance???

Fbody383
10-14-2010, 11:33 AM
:exception of the last event being at MSR-H instead of ECR
So does that mean () two events at MSR-H?
It really stinks... I don't want to make that drive twice in one year. Yeah, I hate that drive.

But seriously, I would rather haul to ECR than do Houston twice. I don't "dislike" Houston as some do, but I do enjoy ECR.

Email being sent.

Al Fernandez
10-14-2010, 12:19 PM
:lol: Love
For what its worth, I responded to J&S that my gut feel was AI/CMC drivers would prefer one MSR-H and one ECR over two MSR-H by a 2/1 margin. Maybe that margin was low! lol

I also asked why we cant arrange the spring section of the schedule so as to not run at TWS in August.

AllZWay
10-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I also asked why we cant arrange the spring section of the schedule so as to not run at TWS in August.

Can I get an "AMEN" to that brother?

I missed TWS in August this year...and I didn't even miss not being there. Instead after the funeral, we had a nice cool weekend on Lake Broken Bow. :P

michaelmosty
10-14-2010, 02:22 PM

Can I get an "AMEN" to that brother?

I missed TWS in August this year...and I didn't even miss not being there. Instead after the funeral, we had a nice cool weekend on Lake Broken Bow. :P
Ahh, Broken Bow kicks ass. There is a sweet mountain bike trail around it with awesome elevation changes, and it is collar bone friendly. :D

HoustonNW
11-23-2010, 01:39 AM
OK, so no interest in a practice day at TWS.

Rick at The Driver's Edge sent out this email:

Hey DE drivers,

We want to give our driver’s what they want…so let us know if you want to run an event on Jan. 22-23 at Houston MSR?

Note: this track is a good balance of speed with good straight-aways and a variety of technical corners, a great addition to continue learning.

If you want to run this event and if the demand is there we will run it…

Please let us know by replying to this email with either a “Go J or No Go L” before 11/24/10.

See YOU at the track,

Rick Schwalenberg
The Drivers Edge
http://www.thedriversedge.net

If you are interested then send him an email: rick at thedriversedge dot net

Disclaimer - no relationship other than attending several events and being on their email list, although I do hope the event makes as I need the practice because you don't want the race weekend to be my first time out with the rear swaybar connected!