PDA

View Full Version : Troop support at TWS Event

David Love AI27
06-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Here is a suggested list of items to go in Troop support packages. No need to make a list of who is participating or not just bring your contribution to the LiiR Compound at TWS. If there is a good amount of support I will contact the local news papers and TV stations for a photo op... I hoped to get a large enough commitment in advance so that I could get a TV news spot a week or two prior to the TWS event and maybe a followup live at the track. I'm only guessing as to an amout of $20.00 on the calling card and be sure it is "global". My family will complete any packages that may fall short, so just bring what you can. If you just bring the items also include filing boxes and ziplock baggies and LiiR will take care of the packaging.

Thanks in advance. The list is following:

1 Letter of Support - from children or adults. Let our soldiers know how much it means to us for our troops to be fighting for our country.

2 Health and Hygiene Items: skin and body care - moisturizer, sun block, lipbalm, sunscreen, suntan lotion, deodorant, bath/body wash, hand sanitizer, nail clippers, toothbrush, toothpaste, razors, shave gel, washclothes, combs

3 beef jerky

4 energy bars (that won't melt)

5 dehydrated soup

6 t-shirts: must be Brown for Army & Navy, Green for Marines, Black or Brown for Air Force

7 magazines

8 calling cards - Global prepaid calling cards

DO NOT SEND:
Anything home cooked - due to concerns for soldiers' safety, please send factory packaged items only. Soldiers are told to throw away anything that is not a factory package.

PACKAGING:
All items that contain liquids or pastes (even in cans), put in a zip-lock bag, and a second one up-side-down from the first one. If an item can leak, it will.
DO NOT mix food items with hygiene items or chemicals of any type. Due to the extreme temperatures, food items may be contaminated. ***(We will sort and package all items in separate boxes - so don't seal anything)

REMEMBER TO SEND PACKAGES FOR MALE AND FEMALE SOLDIERS- LABEL PACKAGE:

“ANY FEMALE SOLDIER”

OR

“ANY MALE SOLDIER”