Dec 31 -Jan 1 at NOLA Motorsports Endurance, TT and HPDE

cobra132
12-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Is this our official schedule for next year?? FMR

mitchntx
12-22-2010, 06:55 PM
-Michael Mosty
CMC #11 "Mosty Brothers' Racing"
I may drive a chick car, but I RACE a Ford!

OK ... so you bought a new Mustang as a daily ... hmmm

michaelmosty
12-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I fixed it for you Mitch. 8)

Frank, the first 4 dates are set in stone and the last 2 could (very likely) change.

mitchntx
12-22-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL

Waco Racer
12-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Is this our official schedule for next year?? FMR

No

nasa-rm
12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Michael or admin, can you tweak the original post or just kill the thread to update?

NASA Texas 2011 RACE SEASON SCHEDULE

January 15 - Harris Hill Road Instructor Clinic / Staff Meeting

January 29/30, 2011 at MSRH HPDE/TT/Racing

March 12/13 at MSRC HPDE/TT/Racing

April 30/May 1 at TWS HPDE/TT/Racing/Comp School

June 11/12 at Hallett TT/Racing

August 6/7 at TWS HPDE/TT/ Select Sprint Racing/ Endurance

September 7/10 at Mid Ohio NASA National Championships TT/Racing

October 22-23 at Eagles Canyon HPDE/TT/Racing

Nov 26/27 at TWS HPDE/TT/Racing

Dec 31 -Jan 1 at NOLA Motorsports Endurance, TT and HPDE

cobra132
04-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I need to arrange my schedule months in advance. What are the firm dates for the rest of the year? FMR

nasa-rm
04-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Updated the dates above.

Figure August is on as is November at TWS. I will leave it to you and the AI/CMC class leaders to decide if you want points for both TWS.

November will be really laid back and focus on HPDE/TT. I am totally ok if you want to do August and not Nov for points. Or do them both and consider the drops as help.

GlennCMC70
04-09-2011, 09:31 AM
We will likely follwo the original schedule. Aug for points, Nov for a rookie weekend/racing training weekend. Side-by-side drills and the like.
I'll get w/ Rob and Al and get this worked out.

nasa-rm
04-09-2011, 12:14 PM
We will likely follwo the original schedule. Aug for points, Nov for a rookie weekend/racing training weekend. Side-by-side drills and the like.

Kick ass idea. Comp school and play time in nov makes a lot of sense.

jdlingle
04-09-2011, 05:45 PM

Sounds great. I had heard about the rookie days you guys did before and it sounds very beneficial. Looking forward to it!

ShadowBolt
04-09-2011, 06:28 PM

And who decided this?

JJ

GlennCMC70
04-09-2011, 07:08 PM

And who decided this?

JJ

I did as it was scheduled as a points race from the get go when the schedule was originally set.

BlueFirePony
04-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I did as it was scheduled as a points race from the get go when the schedule was originally set.
That was not exactly clear though was it? - not to me anyway.
From what I remember the August TWS race was tentative when the shcedule was first floated and from what I saw August and November were mutually exclusive (both tenative, based on one, not both, being selected).
Even now the August weekend is "invitational" (which I take as "optional") or has that been solidified?
My interpretation of tentative and invitational may be incorrect here.

Yes, for those not attending it probably becomes a drop but when every one is asked if they want August, many say "NO" and its still scheduled as a points weekend, it makes the original request for input very much moot and quite insincere.

ShadowBolt
04-10-2011, 05:34 PM
That was not exactly clear though was it? - not to me anyway.
From what I remember the August TWS race was tentative when the shcedule was first floated and from what I saw August and November were mutually exclusive (both tenative, based on one, not both, being selected).
Even now the August weekend is "invitational" (which I take as "optional") or has that been solidified?
My interpretation of tentative and invitational may be incorrect here.

Yes, for those not attending it probably becomes a drop but when every one is asked if they want August, many say "NO" and its still scheduled as a points weekend, it makes the original request for input very much moot and quite insincere.

My bitch post is gone now (I wonder why). I hate the F'ing August race (but we only get six weekends a year). I'm with you Calder. Lets see ..........103 in August or get away from the family Fri. Sat. and Sun. after Thanksgiving and race in cool weather? That's a hard one.

JJ

mitchntx
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm with Jerry on this one.

August race may've been on the "schedule" but it's been questionable since January.

As far as it being a hassle for some to schedule ... wah.

marshall_mosty
04-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm with Jerry on this one.

August race may've been on the "schedule" but it's been questionable since January.

As far as it being a hassle for some to schedule ... wah.

I agree with Jerry too... and I was being a whiner about the schedule... wah... (kinda like power outages, huh Mitch?)

GlennCMC70
04-10-2011, 08:09 PM
So I should have to sit out since I scheduled that weekend in AZ w/ family? W/ two kids in school, time to visit w/ out of town family (that is all my family by the way) is limited. Summer break is not the place to be in AZ.

I will 100% not make Nov a points race. And that is final.

ShadowBolt
04-10-2011, 08:20 PM
So I should have to sit out since I scheduled that weekend in AZ w/ family? W/ two kids in school, time to visit w/ out of town family (that is all my family by the way) is limited. Summer break is not the place to be in AZ.

I will 100% not make Nov a points race. And that is final.

So your God over us now? (I feel like Mitch). I really hope you don't have that kind of power. When it was me missing the August race it was, just take a drop. I bet 90% would rather race in Nov.
Sorry to be a prick on this but why is your want to race in August worth any more than me wanting to race in Nov. insted?
JJ

edrock96GT
04-10-2011, 08:23 PM
I really don't care either way, just tell me where to race and I'll race.

I'm divorced. I live 3 states away from my family, and I have absolutely zero problem with the heat so either one is equally good and bad for me.

BlueFirePony
04-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm with Eddie on this since no one agreed with me ;) (uhmmm about the distance from family and not really caring about Nov vs August...not the divorced part...at least I hope not)
I only posted to call out the fact that this really was unclear to me as it seems to have been with a few others and I find it *noisey" to ask for our opinions if there really is only one answer.
Its NASA's call to make anyway they want.
If it does not work for my schedule or whatever then that's my problem but I really hope we can communicate better than this going forward.

mitchntx
04-10-2011, 10:15 PM
It really doesn't matter to me.

Several of us have been saying that Hallett was probably our last event any way, right?

Alien
04-11-2011, 07:35 AM
My biggest problem with moving the date from August to November is the 'off season'. For those (most) of us not going to Nationals, that gives us OVER a 4 month break between Hallet and ECR, but only just over 2 months before the start of next year (assuming the first event will be at the end of Jan/first of Feb like it has been at least the past two years). Makes it tougher for anyone doing major rework, engine/trans rebuilds, engine swaps to stepup to CMC2 etc. I'd rather race one weekend in the heat versus working on my car many weekends in my garage in the heat.

And if we are going to have a race in July/August/September, I'd want it to be at TWS. It has the best shade of any track for the paddock and easily accessible power to plug in fans and such.

NickV
04-11-2011, 08:37 AM
And if we are going to have a race in July/August/September, I'd want it to be at TWS. It has the best shade of any track for the paddock and easily accessible power to plug in fans and such.

I agree with Gary.

Bring a fan, throw some ice in the Cool Suit, let's go.

AllZWay
04-11-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't like either date, but i would rather get the season over sooner than the end of November.

ShadowBolt
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Here is what Glenn said when it was Marshall and I that had family conflicts in August.

The above reasons are why we have drops. To cover family events that conflict. Miss the event if you have to, take the drops. Race hard when you return.
I think I finished 7th overall last year w/ only 2.5 weekends of racing.

What about a vote? I would rather run in Nov. I know I'm not the only one. Maybe August would get more votes. At least three or four of you would rather run in August. Afternoon on the Friday after Thanksgiving is a perfect time for me to hit the track but I love racing with you guys (tears) and will be there either way. Sorry for being a completely rear end Glenn but it sounded like you just made the decision on the spot and it was your way or the highway. It hit me wrong and I should have called you instead. All I do know is the schedule I kept looking at showed August was not likely and Nov. was.

JJ

ShadowBolt
04-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't like either date, but i would rather get the season over sooner than the end of November.

As long as we don't have to go to MSRH. After thinking about it TWS in August is better than any date at MSRH.

JJ

cobra132
04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Has anyone noticed that the post counter has stopped counting. Just an observation. I'll run in Aug and Nov. FMR

GlennCMC70
04-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Why not use the Nov event for an enduro.

As for the conflicts - Before the start of 2011, the 2011 schedule was set. Aug was a date that was possibly going to get dropped. It in fact has not been dropped. If you made plans, I'm sorry. But a possible Nov event that was just mentioned (and is still not official) is not going to be added as a point’s race. If a weekend is canceled (and it has almost happened a couple times) then the worst that happens is you sit at home. If we add a weekend after the season starts, and set it for a weekend that is considered one of if not the busiest travel day of the year (cause folks go out of town to see family) the implications are season points affecting. I cannot make a dropped event a points race no matter how hard I try. I will not make an event that was not scheduled well enough in advance for folks to plan accordingly a points race either. I agree Aug is not an ideal month weather wise to race. I see it no different that racing in the rain, the dark, the cold. It is mentally and physically taxing.

Using myself as an example - I saw the schedule, knew I could miss MSR-H and still be in the hunt for a Season Championship. If Aug TWS is dropped from the schedule, I could be out mathematically (since it changes the total number of drops). We cannot always control the dropping of a date. Weather has been a factor in the past. If a Nov date is added (after the fact mind you) then again, if I can't make it due to plans already made based on a previously set schedule, I'm out mathematically and by no fault of my own. This would have been good to know before I unloaded the car for the first time this year. I could have saved my money and took the whole season off.

So I cannot be clearer about how I feel about this.
The schedule was set. NASA TX mentioned the possible dropping of the Aug event. At this point I assume it is still on as it is listed on the NASA site. I cannot control the ramifications to the season points due to a dropped event. I can control the ramifications to the season points due to the addition of an event after the season starts.
As for racing in Nov – I talked to NASA TX (Pre-Dave B days) about shifting the schedule so a season runs from Oct to June. I was shot down more than one time.