PDA

View Full Version : Hallett 2011

Al Fernandez
11-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Info from the Texas section of the NASA forums...
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37775&p=278624#p278624

Since Hallett is a solid date (5 years of history yes?) for June 11-12, everyone needs to start planning!!!

I've heard that car-ports and garages are already starting to go. Contact Connie @ Hallett directly to reserve. Phone: (918) 356-4814

This will be the summer event of the season. Competitors from Midwest, Rocky Mountain, Texas and who knows where else will be taking to the 1.8 mile twisty circuit as a warm up for the National Championships at MidO. A showing of the best in NASA will be present including a good portion of 2009 Championships Podium finishers in AI/CMC/AIX/GTS/944Spec/SpecMiata/TT and more!!!!

Race Groups!!!!

Thunder - AI/AIX/CMC

On tap - A second showdown between AI racers Mike Patterson and Tommy Schlender. Will the Mustang comedy team of Martin and Royce from Midwest come in to steal the show again? Of course Frank Robertson has always had a good showing there as well. Robert Ames, Shawn Graham and Scott Koerner are all bringing their A game F-Bodies as well. Last time Brian Groth raced with Rocky Mountain, he cleaned up in AI - if he shows he could have a repeat performance in his 2010 Camaro.

CMC is a case of let's see it all over again. 2010 CMC Champion Erik Sjoblom from Midwest and 3rd place Scott Lockhart, Rocky Mountain, will be there. As will Glenn Landrum, 2008-2009 CMC National Champion with his new ride. But wait, Jeremiah Kellam the 2010 CMC2 National Champion hails from Texas and is always lightning quick at Hallett. Speaking of spoilers from Midwest, here comes the merry band of chicken racers (Denton, White, Owens, Franklin et al) with a possible Ford S197 of Robin Burnett in tow. You never know, but 1st and 2nd quickest at 2010 Championship, Dave Balingit and Rob Liebbie, could have a rematch.

AIX. Vegas odds right now are showing that if Chris Griswold shows, he will take it all.

I'm thinking Midwest is taking home some trophies here. Algozine's new car will be potent and you can't knock 2010 Regional Champ T.J. Bain.

Blitz - GTS and Super Touring

Holly Smokes - Where to start? You might as well read the 2010 National Championships results as an entry list for Hallett.

National Champions Matus - GTS3 and Sabados - GTS4 duked it out at Hallett and Miller in 2010 but in different classes. Jay is bumping to GTS4 and coming after Alexandra. Doug Grande, Ian Cole, Scott Bove - All podium finishers at Miller hail from Colorado. If you factor in 2009 GTS2 National Champion Dan Goodman and GTS5 competitor Robert Prillika - Rocky Mountain has a good chance of taking home all the trophies. That is if the Texas GTS contingent of front runners Rob Cohen, Bill Woods and BJ Farmer don't show. Woods had a great run going and National Championship almost in hand at Miller before a transmission sidelined him - Don't expect that to happen again. Also heard a little bird say that Kevin Mixon is playing with rear engined cars - count him in as a spoiler. Midwest has a huge number of GTS cars and they are fast!!! They haven't yet showed their stuff in Oklahoma, beware.

Speaking of Farmer. Ron Farmer of Texas. This guy knows Vettes. George Smith, the 2010 National Champion from Rocky Mountain knows Vettes. From the Midwest side, Geffrey Sawtelle knows Vettes. Super Touring isn't all Vettes and big motor cars. Expect Texas Super Touring Series director Rene Molina to bring out his bag of tricks. He's always been wicked fast at Hallett in the fire breathing 944. Adam McMahan from Colorado is bringing boost with his 2.0L Nissan 240SX.

944Spec - Cyclone Part I

2008 National Champ Eric Kuhns, 2010 National Champ Dave Dirks. Paging Charlie Buzzetti!!! Anticipated 944Spec car count for Hallett is pushing 20+. It's been 3 years since Midwest and Rocky Mountain had a decent showdown of 944Spec. Last time RM walked easily but that probably won't be the case in this preview before MidO. And now that there are three confirmed Texas 944Spec cars with top notch drivers, don't count them out.

SpecMiata - Cyclone Part II

Hmmm. The past two Spec Miata National Champions have hailed from Texas and Rocky Mountain. Do I need to say more? No, but I must. Ryan Groth. This Midwest kid is fast. Let's toss a few more names out there. Brett Gabriel, Vaughn Duarte, Kevin Pyles, Trevor McCallion, Gale Corley, Keith Verges, Karl Zimmerman. Those all ring a few bells in Texas. Eban Cahan, Mark Franklin, Bill Tolley, Pat Webber - all potent racers from the Rockies. If 2010 National Champ, Danny McKeever or third place Tyler Dahl make the trip over the hill from Utah - watch out. Groth isn't the only fast one in Midwest. Jason Pulvermacher, Chris Portele, Anthony Storino and David Spencer all gave the kid a run with some head to head battle.

Lightning - PT / HC / Legends

So many fast drivers across these classes. The Oklahoma boys are pretty much unbeatable in Legends. Except when New Mexico racer Justin Irwin comes to town. Honda Challenge, not a huge class (yet) but rumor has it that Bob Boileau 2009 Runoffs winner in his S2000 is going HC racing. PT Alphabet - So many choices here and so many fast cars.

Hanksville Challenge Saturday afternoon we've got $500 in cash on the line for the winner of the Hanksville Challenge Race. All race classes are eligible, but we're only going to accept 30 or so cars. Inverted bracket race (i.e. Australian Pursuit). One of the last times we did it, Doug Grande in a 944Spec car edged out Bryan Hintz's 600HP American Stock Car by 0.109 seconds for a photo finish.

Time Trials Again, so many fast cars so many fast drivers. Midwest has taken home so many TT trophies from the National Championships. Texas and Rocky Mountain TT is becoming the hotbed for "the place to go" to strut your stuff. Expect each region to bring their A game.

Enough racing!!!! Hallett Saturday night dinner / party has always been one of the best parties of the year. Food/drink, music, videos, movies and antics are par for the course. This year will be no different. Plans for a pig roast or similar are in place and between the two rolling kegerators of Texas and Rocky Mountain the margarita slushy machine there won't be an empty glass in the facility.

If you won't be saving room for Saturday dinner (or too full after), Hallett has what is considered by many, THE BEST TRACK FOOD ANYWHERE. As witnessed by the line that starts to form in the morning, they have excellent breakfasts. And not just the same ole' boring breakfast burrito or McDonald's knockoff. These are full plate breakfasts to die for. And the burgers at lunch are fantastic as well.

National Championships Dir

marshall_mosty
11-11-2010, 10:25 AM
That, my friends, is race promotion!!! Way to go Dave!
I'm there...

Fbody383
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Connie was in fine spirits this morning and now there's one less raceport available for June.

I don't feel so bad since she told me she had people paying for '11 when they left this year.

Sounds like she has a stack of emails already so if you know you're going you might want to call and get that favorite spot.

Also sounds like the October event will be planned a little earlier this time around... 40 mins to MSR or tow to Hallett.... Hmmmm???

cobra132
11-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I've got mine!!!

BryanL
11-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I'll split it with you Frank.

Also, knew Glenn couldn't take a whole year off. I'll be ready to put some black paint on whatever color Glenn's car is at Cresson.

David Love AI27
11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
I'll be ready to put some black paint on whatever color Glenn's car is at Cresson.

PAINT???? Glenn don't need no stinkin' paint... he gets his off of everyone elses cars... :twisted:

HoustonNW
11-12-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm going to call about a raceport, should I ask for a certain area?

First time to Hallett, are they big enough for two cars?

mitchntx
11-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Connie, bless her heart, saved me #15/16.

The whole thing, just for me. How luxurious ...

Fbody383
11-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Connie, bless her heart, saved me #15/16. And don't be hogging the parking with that Mahal-on-wheels you travel in...

chris-CMC#35
11-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm going to call about a raceport, should I ask for a certain area?

First time to Hallett, are they big enough for two cars?

Plenty big for two wide, which is the way to go. Some folks put them two deep as well, though I think that gets a little tight.

-chris

AllZWay
11-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Connie, bless her heart, saved me #15/16.

The whole thing, just for me. How luxurious ...

We will be neighbors... I will have 17-18.