PDA

View Full Version : Change in AI/CMC Texas leadership

Al Fernandez
11-15-2010, 12:29 PM
I am very proud to announce that effective immediately Rob Liebbe is taking over my role as Texas AI CMC Regional Director. Rob brings a tremendous amount of racing and engineering experience, as well as a calm and thorough approach to problem solving. I know you guys will be in good hands with him and will give him the support he'll need.

Glenn Landrum is staying on as Texas AI CMC Regional Co-Director as well. I will continue to serve as the CMC National Director.

My heart and soul are in CMC so this was a very difficult decision for me to make, but one which makes a lot of sense to enable me to have the time to focus on other areas that need help in NASA Texas. Among those things I will be doing is actively growing a 944 Spec group, so I have bought a 944 and will be parking the Camaro for a bit. I have every intention of racing CMC as soon as 944 is self sustaining.

michaelmosty
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Wow, congratulations Rob!!
Does this mean Rob has to fall out of his car during exit tests now?

Al Fernandez
11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Well, he doesnt have to, but we do expect him to lead by example :lol:

AllZWay
11-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Wow... Al in a 944...

Rob Liebbe
11-15-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm immediately changing my phone numbers until I figure out what the heck I'm doing. :D

Seriously, I look forward to the challenges and rewards of working with the group.

And no matter what Al drives, AI/CMC in Texas still rules!

mitchntx
11-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I need a program.

Chuck
11-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Congrats Rob!

Thanks for all your hard work over the years Al. Hope we still see you around after you start driving an Uber P-Car.

Rob, did Al tell you there were 'rewards' with this position? The challenges I believe. That Al is a great marketing/sales guy. :lol:

Chuck
CMC#14

I'm immediately changing my phone numbers until I figure out what the heck I'm doing. :D

Seriously, I look forward to the challenges and rewards of working with the group.

And no matter what Al drives, AI/CMC in Texas still rules!

Fbody383
11-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Rob Liebbe is taking over my role as Texas AI CMC Regional Director. Glenn Landrum is staying on as Texas AI CMC Regional Co-Director as well.

... Houston, mostly cloudy with 30% chance of rain. In other news, HELL reportedly reached a low of 33 degree yesterday. Details are still forthcoming."

I think I hurt my back when I fell out of my chair... will give me another excuse for being slow.

Congratulations all around, though it would have been more fun watching Glenn get in a 944.

mitchntx
11-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Rob,

Don't forget who sold you a top of the line welder at a bargain basement price.

mitchntx
11-15-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm glad I fixed that star, now.

ShadowBolt
11-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Rob,

Don't forget who sold you a top of the line welder at a bargain basement price.

Don't forget who has a raceport spot for you at Hallett.

Mitch and I can do anything. The rest of you cats...........

JJ

BryanL
11-16-2010, 09:37 AM
So Al becomes a cake eater and Rob gets an entry into the Peoples Republic of CMC-never saw that coming. At least that will lesson the chance of getting red/white paint on everyones cars next year.

Best of luck growing the 944 class-why didn't you go with a Spec E30?

Rob-I'll be calling to discuss.

Can I be the chief of the IRB's now that everything is changing? :lol:

kbrewmr2
11-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Best of luck growing the 944 class-why didn't you go with a Spec E30?

I love SE30 too, but you're alot more likely here to get 944-Spec crossover with the Rocky Mountain connections plus there are already a couple in our region vs zero SE30s.

Todd Covini
11-16-2010, 02:48 PM
This also means that as the new Texas AI/CMC Series Director, Rob will be taking the lead role for BOTH AI and CMC (as Al Fernandez has done.) As the National American Iron Series Director, I trust & anticipate that Rob (as well as Glenn) will come up to speed on American Iron rules and membership and grow Texas AI/CMC from what it is today.

For NASA Texas, my efforts next year will be toward HPDE Development and you can be rest assured that means recruiting for AI/CMC, as well as other series. While my search for the perfect AI car continues, I plan to campaign a 944 Spec car in the quest to be the inaugural 2011 Texas 944 Spec Champion (while there aren't a lot of cars in the field :lol: )

Exciting changes and growth opportunities!!!

-=- Todd Covini
NASA TX HPDE Development

rleng1
11-16-2010, 05:47 PM
So, you are bringing out the model cars to illustrate the perfect pass. You'll need a 944 model.

mitchntx
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
We all need to "crash" one of Todd's Driver's Meetings.

K Shaw
11-16-2010, 06:19 PM
WOW. I didnt know Texas was drinking the Chuck cool aid.

Best of luck with the 944 spec thing. I know it got pretty big in RM with Chuck running it.

kyle

Al Fernandez
11-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Its the same kool aid, just different glasses :wink:

nasa-rm
11-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Kool-Aid served with BBQ vs Pizza. "It's All Good"