PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H Round 1 for the 2011 Season!

GlennCMC70
01-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Alright guys, I've seen the registration list and it is pretty short.
Lets make a New Years resolution for 2011 of registering earlier for the race weekends. Lets all once again be the shining example of NASA TX and get this done. This will help Dave better organize the event and make his job easier. Help him help you.

marshall_mosty
01-04-2011, 10:47 AM
MSR-H Test and Tune
Friday, January 28, 2011

This test and tune will be run on the same direction of the NASA race and is open to participants.
The cost is $150, $100 for members.
Please contact the main office at 281-369-0677 for more information or register now.

nasa-rm
01-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Make sure to thank the guys at Houston for getting that test and tune rate down.

GlennCMC70
01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Make sure to thank the guys at Houston for getting that test and tune rate down.

Or you for "asking" them to do so.

NickV
01-04-2011, 12:36 PM
MSR-H Test and Tune

The cost is $150, $100 for members.

Is that $150 full day, $100 half day? Or does that mean $100 for MSR-H club members?

Al Fernandez
01-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Three cars signed up as of right now: Neary, Mosty, Rock...all in AI!! Marshall, really?? Aweseome!!

The sooner everyone signs up the better planning can be done for run groups and schedule, so its in everyone's best interest. Also remember the Wed. before the event a $50 late fee kicks in.

Todd Covini
01-04-2011, 01:48 PM
I was there yesterday...the track is BUMPY now! Hard transitions at T1 and on the front straight. Stiff suspensions will get thrown around...soften it up a bit boys!

-=- T

David Love AI27
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
soften it up a bit boys!

-=- T

Doesn't sound manly to me....

michaelmosty
01-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Todd, did you drive the track or are the bumps the report from other drivers?

I'm not a civil engineer but I'm sure 130 LeMons cars racing for 16 hours with squishy-soft springs doesn't help much. I know in September coming out of T1 and onto the front straight in a Neon you get about 4 good bounces before it smooths out. I can't imagine how it feels now.

Todd Covini
01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
I did not drive it...only witnessed it from the pitwall. Having not been on that track in a while, I was really surprised. I was there with some members who said that it had gotten worse in the past 6 months...but if you drove it in September with a 4 bump before getting smooth, it ain't no worse than that.

-=- T

ShadowBolt
01-04-2011, 03:01 PM
The Jordans are all signed up.

Jerry

marshall_mosty
01-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Three cars signed up as of right now: Neary, Mosty, Rock...all in AI!! Marshall, really?? Aweseome!!
Al,
Yes... season fully funded. The only kink would happen if I have mechanical issues... (finger's crossed)!

GlennCMC70
01-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Al,
Yes... season fully funded. The only kink would happen if I have mechanical issues... (finger's crossed)!

Shall we see the AI car counts of the good old days?
Glad to see you back for more than one race MM.

Al Fernandez
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
That's awesome Marshall!! Congrats

Apparently I'm not seeing CMC entries in the nasa system so disregard that current entry count. Work in progres...

RichardP
01-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes... season fully funded.

Fully funded for AI??? A bit optimistic aren't we. The drawing isn't until tonight...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/04/news/economy/mega_millions_lottery/index.htm?hpt=C2

:D

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Fully funded for AI??? A bit optimistic aren't we. The drawing isn't until tonight...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/04/news/economy/mega_millions_lottery/index.htm?hpt=C2

Richard P.

You racing this year Richard?

JJ

marshall_mosty
01-04-2011, 06:37 PM

Richard P.
As long as I keep the rubber side down and keep metallic parts from exploding, there should be no reason for me not to get at least 5 events this year. When they figure out what is happening on the sixth, I will give that a look also.

Business was good in 2010 for the airlines, and therefore for the suppliers to the aircraft manufacturers... Also, with an abreviated season last year, I was able to save some shillings for this year. :)

RichardP
01-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Richard P.

You racing this year Richard?

JJ

If my numbers hit...

Oh wait, I didn't buy a ticket. Nope...

Richard P.

marshall_mosty
01-04-2011, 09:25 PM
In true, not Marshall fashion, I just signed up for the entire season on the national site... (all five events currently on the calendar)

MSR-H
MSR-C
TWS
Hallett
Eagles Canyon

AI guys... bring it!!

Thanks to Dave for the discount. Also, don't know if anyone has noticed that Hallett is only $269 right now...

GlennCMC70
01-04-2011, 09:50 PM
You need to talk some smack to Lyons and Donovan. Melcowitz should be coming back along w/ Irwin. W/ our new guys from 2010 as well as our AI regulars, AI could be good to watch again.

marshall_mosty
01-04-2011, 10:28 PM
You need to talk some smack to Lyons and Donovan. Melcowitz should be coming back along w/ Irwin. W/ our new guys from 2010 as well as our AI regulars, AI could be good to watch again.
Glenn,
Here is what I have so far from the folks I've talked to personally or via PM. Hopefully we will have 5+ fields going forward.

Dr. Frank
-Didn't answer my PM, but no reason why he wouldn't race the entire season

Brian Calder
-Based on previous "Blue Fire Pony" threads, looks to be an entire season

Dave Neary
-Full seaon, I believe...

Lyons
-Full season (hopefully), when I talked to him in December

Eddie Rock
-First three events (until he deploys)

Patterson
-Hallett (maybe)

D. Irwin
-Partial season, but not MSR-H

D. Capps
-Partial season, but not MSR-H

Donovan
-Still working on him...

Robert King
-Hit or miss, no firm plans.

Daron and Mason
-Never answered my PM

Richard Painter
-Never answered my PM

Matt White
-No longer racing with AI

Misty Cain
-No longer racing with AI

GlennCMC70
01-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Painter - I'll talk w/ him this week. He has my heads.
Matt and Misty..... no comment. They should come back, but only to race and have fun.

Todd Covini
01-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Great job, Marshall!!
Last I talked to David Donovan last month, he was returning but his AI car makeover has been going slower than planned and he had a lot on his plate.

I would bet we'll see him run a partial year...

-=- Todd

PS- Where's Casey fit in??? Make that jump to AI this year?

Casey_SS
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Not yet....planning to run AIX for most if not all of the year. I need to get the car dyno'd and weighed to see exactly how far away from 9.5:1 I am now and what it'd take to get there. I'm 99% sure it'll require a cam / head change to do it right which is one of the big reasons I'm dragging my feet.

Also it sounded like AIX might be growing this year - I heard rumors somewhere on here that Wiley, Jay Culley and a couple others were planning to run the full season. Would be cool to see that pan out....

mitchntx
01-05-2011, 12:33 PM
http://www.americanironracing.com//contingency

The Toyo link is dead.

What 2011 contingencies are in place for AIX? Being as I cannot make a full season, I thought about running AIX and seeing if the numbers would get all competitors into the tire money.

Actually most of the links are dead ....

Al Fernandez
01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
It'll depend on what the spec tire is for AIX Mitch. If its Toyos, the Toyo contingency will apply. If its open to DOT tires, it wont.

Al Fernandez
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
MSRH entries as of 1/5/11, 4:30pm

AI
Marshall Mosty
David Neary
Eddie Rock

CMC2
Randy English
Jay/Jerry Jordan
Michael Mosty
Nick Valentin

CMC
Glenn Landrum (optimism...)

7 cars and one wishful thinking :wink:

GlennCMC70
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM

AI
Marshall Mosty
David Neary
Eddie Rock

CMC2
Randy English
Jay/Jerry Jordan
Michael Mosty
Nick Valentin

CMC

Accually, Dave asked for Directors to sign up under Officials, even if we were not racing.

David Love AI27
01-06-2011, 09:18 AM

AI
Marshall Mosty
David Neary
Eddie Rock

CMC2
Randy English
Jay/Jerry Jordan
Michael Mosty
Nick Valentin

CMC

Jason will be in CMC... I will be in TT

cobra132
01-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Great news Marshall! BTY, I did not get a PM. I am planning on making MSRH if I can get the car done. I tried to do too much this off season. The shocks are replaced, the fuel cell is renewed, the old harness is out and the new harness and DASH is installed and the engine runs (bonus). The new front fenders are on. I still need to fabricate the frontend and install the new splitter. I will most likely show up with a solid but unpainted front end. I will need a waiver on the dyno to run AI, I just don't see making it to the dyno in time. I have done nothing to the motor except change the harness. More to follow. FMR

ShadowBolt
01-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Great news Marshall! BTY, I did not get a PM. I am planning on making MSRH if I can get the car done. I tried to do too much this off season. The shocks are replaced, the fuel cell is renewed, the old harness is out and the new harness and DASH is installed and the engine runs (bonus). The new front fenders are on. I still need to fabricate the frontend and install the new splitter. I will most likely show up with a solid but unpainted front end. I will need a waiver on the dyno to run AI, I just don't see making it to the dyno in time. I have done nothing to the motor except change the harness. More to follow. FMR

Frank,

There is a dyno at MSRH. I have talked to David Perkins at Spec Racer Sports and he is willing to do a few sessions for us. So far I think it's just Randy English and I. If you are interested you can let him know.

http://www.specracersports.com/contact.htm

JJ

cobra132
01-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks.

marshall_mosty
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Frank,
I thought I sent a PM to you... maybe I was reading the tea leaves and made the ASSumption you were running a full season.

Let's have a gentlemen's meeting at MSR-H with the AI guys about your dyno, if the MSR-H dyno doesn't work for you... I for one want to get our car count into the "big" Toyo bucks. :) Maybe we can just "let it ride"... :wink:

GlennCMC70
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Get w/ your felow AI racers and make sure they are good w/ no dyno. I am being forced to crack down on this since so many folks are taking advantage. Along those lines, look for the CCR's and series rules to be enforced in a more (much more) black and white manner starting in 2011.

cobra132
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
I'll sign up for AI and bring some X stickers, just in case. FMR

marshall_mosty
01-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Get w/ your felow AI racers and make sure they are good w/ no dyno...
Frank,
It's fine by me... bring it!!

edrock96GT
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Frank,

I'm cool with it. Dyno'd mine today at 290/309....so I ain't gonna catch you anyway :D

marshall_mosty
01-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Frank,

I'm cool with it. Dyno'd mine today at 290/309....so I ain't gonna catch you anyway :D
Eddie,
You're getting closer... At least it isn't 260'ish like last year.

edrock96GT
01-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Frank,

Eddie,
You're getting closer... At least it isn't 260'ish like last year.

Actually I found out that the dyno I used last year was notoriously low. Aside from switching to 93 octane and a new throttle body, it was still the same setup. I've been focusing on cutting out more weight lately though. :)

marshall_mosty
01-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Actually I found out that the dyno I used last year was notoriously low. Aside from switching to 93 octane and a new throttle body, it was still the same setup. I've been focusing on cutting out more weight lately though. :)
Eddie,
That's great that you didn't have to spend $$$ to see the gains... Also, dropping weight is almost always free when stuff goes in the trash can. I really enjoyed destroying cutoff wheels when I went after the interior of my car... :)

rleng1
01-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Must have been the same dyno that Al used for nationals.

GlennCMC70
01-07-2011, 05:37 PM
So far we have 10 folks signed up.
Come on guys, dont' let those GTS pud's have a larger car count than us.

ShadowBolt
01-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Must have been the same dyno that Al used for nationals.

Good one!

JJ

BlueFirePony
01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Frank,
I'm good with it.

marshall_mosty
01-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Frank,
I'm good with it.
Dave Neary is the only remaining one who has signed up for AI that needs to bless Frank's lack of dyno... Whatcha think Dave?

marshall_mosty
01-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Calling Dr. Frank and Brian Calder.... get your ENTRIES IN!!! We need 5 AI cars for the "Big Bucks"...

GlennCMC70
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
wiley alexander American Iron Xtreme

Randy English CMC2

Casey Holdway American Iron Xtreme

Jerry Jordan CMC2

Marshall Mosty American Iron

Michael Mosty CMC2

David Neary American Iron

Charles Penney CMC2

Gary Robertson CMC2

frank robertson American Iron

Edward Rock American Iron

Wayne Stehle CMC2

Nicholas Valentin CMC2

David Love AI27
01-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Calling Dr. Frank and Brian Calder.... get your ENTRIES IN!!! We need 5 AI cars for the "Big Bucks"...

PM Jason... he might run AI...he has a dyno from 6 or 7 months ago

BlueFirePony
01-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah yeah...getting with it...looking like Dave will run that weekend. Just working out logistics in my spare time.

Casey_SS
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Anyone else having a hard time registering for Friday practice? It's on the calendar but not a purchasable item on the MSR web page and their phone number goes straight to a busy signal....I guess we just pay when we get there?

BlueFirePony
01-10-2011, 12:28 PM
their phone number goes straight to a busy signal...
Normally I'd say that was a bad thing but I've had that before with them. I'll see if I can get them by email...I've got James' and Sandra's somewhere...

[Edit] email sent. I'll post up info here.

BlueFirePony
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
From Sandra -----------------------------------------------------
Brian,
Sorry you are having trouble. I have sent your message to our website administrator. We should have it corrected soon. Please have them try again tomorrow.
Our office number is 281-369-0677. They are welcome to contact the office to sign up also.

Sandra
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give the office # a try if you want to register today. I did mention about the busy signal - might just have been a temporary thing.

marshall_mosty
01-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Michael also talked to them and a half day (1pm-5pm) is only $75!!! You can register when you get to the track as well. No need to "call ahead".

AllZWay
01-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Michael also talked to them and a half day (1pm-5pm) is only $75!!! You can register when you get to the track as well. No need to "call ahead".

That is not bad.

BlueFirePony
01-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Brian,
The website has all the test and tunes posted and ready for transactions. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Sandra
Go get you some! @ $75 a half day I am in! Probably pay at the gate through, 'cause not sure about when we will get there. Dave might have to head down w/o me if my flight schedule does not loosen up a bit.

rleng1
01-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Generally you pay at the office across from where we have had driver's meetings in the past.

Fbody383
01-14-2011, 05:54 PM
So what's the latest attendee list?

NASA13
01-15-2011, 12:24 AM
If I am not flying I should be there. I will be a last minute sign up. Probably be running a cmc legal car in cmc2 to gather whatever points I can.

marshall_mosty
01-17-2011, 07:50 AM
As of Last Tuesday (11-Jan)...
in alphabetical order...

Thunder Race Group

American Iron Extreme
2 entries
Wiley Alexander
Casey Holdway

American Iron
4 entries
Marshall Mosty
Dave Neary
Frank Robertson
Eddie Rock

CMC2
10 entries
Sam Crumpacker
Randy English
Jerry Jordan
Michael Mosty
Chuck Penney
James Proctor
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle
Nicholas Valentin
Wade Zimmer

CMC
1 entry
Dave Francis

AllZWay
01-17-2011, 08:36 AM
I am on the instructor list, but will be at Houston in the deuce.

rleng1
01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
C'mon Francis. Lose the restrictor and bring it to the duece. Or are you and Fred Flintstone going to be peddling against each other.
ya ba da ba du

Fbody383
01-17-2011, 10:34 AM
C'mon Francis. Lose the restrictor and bring it to the duece. Or are you and Fred Flintstone going to be peddling against each other.
ya ba da ba du I didn't think Glenn's car was ready anyway... if there aren't any other CMC cars I can come chase the back end of The Duece.

Besides, in the duece I won't need any mirrors...

GlennCMC70
01-17-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm not racing.

David Love AI27
01-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm not racing.

I'm in ...

Alien
01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Read on NASAForums that MSRH is probably going to be CW. Won't that mean that our standing starts will be in the middle of T1?

GlennCMC70
01-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Read on NASAForums that MSRH is probably going to be CW. Won't that mean that our standing starts will be in the middle of T1?

Standing starts on the back straight.

GlennCMC70
01-17-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm not racing.

I'm in ...

Good to see your checking the forums daily now.

Fbody383
01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm not racing.

I'm in ...

Dave, you guys bringing the #3? What about Wirtz?

If we don't have enough for Toyo bux I'll probably go ahead and race The Duece.

David Love AI27
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm not racing.

I'm in ...

Good to see your checking the forums daily now.

Just kidding... I'm out, Jason is supposed to be there...

Al Fernandez
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
As of 1/17 in the am...18 and counting!!

American Iron Extreme
2 entries
Wiley Alexander
Casey Holdway

American Iron
5 entries
Bryan Calder
Marshall Mosty
Dave Neary
Frank Robertson
Eddie Rock

CMC2
10 entries
Sam Crumpacker
Randy English
Jerry Jordan
Michael Mosty
Chuck Penney
James Proctor
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle
Nicholas Valentin
Wade Zimmer

CMC
1 entry
Dave Francis

David Love AI27
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm not racing.

I'm in ...

Dave, you guys bringing the #3? What about Wirtz?

If we don't have enough for Toyo bux I'll probably go ahead and race The Duece.

I don't think there are enough in 1... Jason may run AI in the contingency races to help them out and CMC1 in the second the others (mainly to jack with Glenn :P ) LOL

Wirtz
01-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Man - this has been killing me. My car has not been touched since Eagles Canyon (and it was not touched much before that event either). I can't believe we are into January already, time is flying... At the moment, I think I am resigning myself to needing to take this year off and focus on updating the car to The Deuce.

At minimum I'm hoping to make it out for a day to hang out and see some of the action. Maybe I can help out with some of the tech inspections... :oops: Well, maybe I'll stick the driving side of things and bring my helmet just in case.

JasonLiiR
01-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Dave you should just go ahead and pull the plate for the duece. I may just come and hang out. Not really in the mood to run in a class of my own seeing as how we dont have the money to go to the duece and don't feel like running a higher powered class in an under powered car. Did enough of that with the black car. Not sure how much I feel like racing this season since everyone jumped ship to 2.

edrock96GT
01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
...and don't feel like running a higher powered class in an under powered car...

:oops:

Do it! You won't be the only one. :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Dave you should just go ahead and pull the plate for the duece. I may just come and hang out. Not really in the mood to run in a class of my own seeing as how we dont have the money to go to the duece and don't feel like running a higher powered class in an under powered car. Did enough of that with the black car. Not sure how much I feel like racing this season since everyone jumped ship to 2.

Sit out and make the power upgrades you need to move up.

JasonLiiR
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Or I'll just go to TT since we bought a car built for CMC, which is no longer around, and since we just spent the money on the car a season ago. TT seems more logical at this point than dumping more money into it. Our days in the AI/CMC class are numbered as far as I'm concerned. The old man may have other plans but thats how I feel about it at this point.

GlennCMC70
01-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Or I'll just go to TT since we bought a car built for CMC, which is no longer around, and since we just spent the money on the car a season ago. TT seems more logical at this point than dumping more money into it. Our days in the AI/CMC class are numbered as far as I'm concerned. The old man may have other plans but thats how I feel about it at this point.

Not sure why your feeling the way you are.
It's been widely known since late 2006 that CMC2 was where the class was headed. If you just bought the car, surely you knew it would require a few motor upgrades to stay current.

Fbody383
01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Not sure how much I feel like racing this season since everyone jumped ship to 2. Nothing wrong with that. Run some TT or just save some bucks to make the move to 2. I know Bob Denton's car ran strong at Hallett.

Wirtz, you and Gary can talk tech about the new class killer.

Ya'll just crown me the '11 TX CMC champ and I'll pull the plate and chase English some more. :shock:

JasonLiiR
01-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Sorry Dave. I'm gonna make sure that plaque has my name on it twice. So the last 2-3 events of the season, if I have to, I'll run CMC and make that trophy mine again.....even though CMC is a dead class I'll make sure my name is on this traveling trophy I have at LEAST twice. I may be a youngin but I will make that Love name recognized no matter what it takes.

NickV
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
I put on a set of used headers and some 1.6 rockers, made 10 more horsepower on my lowly 305, and I'm ready to go to CMC2. I didn't have the coin for heads and intake, so I settled. Rather be racing (mostly getting passed) with these guys than racing a clock with some C5 drivers.

Chuck
01-17-2011, 11:10 PM
If there is enough interest in folks running CMC1 to get 5 cars, I could run CMC1. My car is still CMC1 legal, and will be until I need new tires. Let me know soon, as I will dyno this week. My plan is to upgrade to CMC2 during the season as time/funds allow.

Thanks,
Chuck
CMC#14

JasonLiiR
01-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Thats true. I usually run in the back of CMC2 as is anyways

GlennCMC70
01-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Here is a list of who is registered.

Team BlueFire Racing American Iron

Sam Crumpacker CMC2

Randy English CMC2

David Francis CMC

Jerry Jordan CMC2

Michael Mosty CMC2

Charles Penney CMC2

Gary Robertson CMC2

Wayne Stehle CMC2

Nicholas Valentin CMC2

Wade Zimmer CMC2

marshall_mosty
01-18-2011, 10:11 AM
True Nick. I'd rather be competitive for a championship after winning one than back of the pack watching everyone else race for one though. Like i was my first two years. But at the same time I guess all my trophies have been a fluke.
Jason,
When you get around to having kids, the trophies are important. Even if they are hollow to you. My 2005 AIX trophy was handed to me in my rookie year since I was the only AIX driver (didn't make AI power). My kids don't care. I don't either. It's more about the fun of the season with a good group of guys and "getting away" from the real world two days at a time and sharing a common passion.

If you can win a "real" championship in a class stacked with 5+ drivers, even better, but not required to have fun.

I've had just as much fun fighting mid-pack as I have running up front. I've done more mid-pack in the past five years than running up front.

Look for the silver lining instead of focusing on the clouds... :)

Fbody383
01-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Sorry Dave. Oh, I see... a throwdown. Doncha think "Orange is FAST!" would look good next to LiiR?

And so Glenn doesn't lecture us later... "If you decide to CHANGE CLASS
from what you registered as, don't forget to tell TIMING & SCORING."

Chuck, it will be good to see the 14 back out again, but I don't know if we have 5 CMC cars around.

I'll probably just cinch it up and run with The Duece... i'm used to following all those cars around anyway.

mitchntx
01-18-2011, 12:00 PM
As an FYI ... I have dyno certs for both CMC and CMC2.

I was planning on running in whatever group needs car count as I won't make the entire season.

rleng1
01-18-2011, 12:55 PM
itch, I don't see you registered :shock:

David Love AI27
01-18-2011, 01:44 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

David Love AI27
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM

I was planning on running in whatever group needs car count as I won't make the entire season.

no AI?

marshall_mosty
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM

no AI?
If Brian can't find tires, we might need Mitch in AI to make a field of 5...

Fbody383
01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
If Brian can't find tires, we might need Mitch in AI to make a field of 5... Greaaaatt... you just made him "in demand"

marshall_mosty
01-18-2011, 04:02 PM
If Brian can't find tires, we might need Mitch in AI to make a field of 5... Greaaaatt... you just made him "in demand"Nevermind... Mitch has been discarded like an old dish towel... Brian found some tires. Who needs Mitch again anyway?? 8)

David Love AI27
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Who needs Mitch again anyway?? 8)

Everybody needs Mitch... he has a cat.... and everybody needs a cat.......

kbrewmr2
01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
prelim schedule is out:
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=39029

David Love AI27
01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
prelim schedule is out:
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=39029

Too cool 8) 8) .... maybe I should have given the new management some time before I bailed.... :(

Everyone have an extra beer, since I won't be there to drink it all for you....

mitchntx
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM

as I won't make the entire season.

michaelmosty
01-18-2011, 05:03 PM
The schedule looks awesome, thanks Dave!!!

Al Fernandez
01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
As of 1/21 in the am...20 and counting!!

American Iron Extreme
2 entries
Wiley Alexander
Casey Holdway

American Iron
6 entries
Bryan Calder
Marshall Mosty
Dave Neary
Frank Robertson
Eddie Rock
Dave Royce

CMC2
11 entries
Sam Crumpacker
Randy English
Jerry Jordan
Michael Mosty
Chuck Penney
James Proctor
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle
Nicholas Valentin
Wade Zimmer
Dan Allford

CMC
1 entry
Dave Francis

rleng1
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Francis, are you going to play with yourself? :P

Fbody383
01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Francis, are you going to play with yourself? :P

I thought this was a family friendly board? Why so mean? You guys have enough of those high horsepower, expensive brake cars why you picking on us little guys?

That's it! Im outta here. (http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/porsche/1117421700/1117421700ss.htm)

Besides, I got a good deal on enclosed trailer I just "picked up" and now i'll have more room.

Rob Liebbe
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Dave,

Should you decide to get a Porsche, your cake-eater name will be "Pound" Cake. As in, "Go pound sand you freakin' cake-eater".

8)

Casey_SS
01-21-2011, 04:29 PM
At least it's orange :D

Fbody383
01-21-2011, 05:14 PM
"Go pound sand you freakin' cake-eater". I bet your new car looks good with Orange.

Porsche ~ There is no substitute.

http://www.auto-moto-tv.com/video-news/thumbs/62.jpg

Rob Liebbe
01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
And another great quote from that movie...."Who's the U-boat commander?"

AllZWay
01-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Please Joel, do what they say, just get off the babysitter.

marshall_mosty
01-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Just bought a case of RedBull at Sams... Who's bringing the "adult half" of that frosty libation?

:)

edrock96GT
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Ooh Ooh!! Grey Goose and Monster....It's called a Mongoose. :D

GlennCMC70
01-24-2011, 04:26 PM
The Schedule
http://www.nasaproracing.com/texas/MSRH_Jan_Sched_Final.pdf

GlennCMC70
01-24-2011, 04:40 PM
ALso this in case you need spoon feeding.

Dear NASA Racer,
Thank you for registering for the opening event of the 2011 season at MSRH. We really look
forward to seeing you again and meeting those we have not yet met.
We want your experience with NASA to be the best possible, so please make sure to read the
following pages in detail.
A schedule for the weekend can be found at the end. The three most important things to
remember about the NASA schedule is that you should: 1) plan to show up to grid at least 10
minutes before your session is scheduled to start. Even if we have a slight delay due to track
cleanup, we will quickly get back on time. 2) If you assume we are delayed, you will miss the
start of your session!!! 3) We do not make announcements to call cars to grid. It is the
participant’s responsibility to know what time their session starts and show up on time.
There is an entry list posted online – double check your class and car number to see if it is
correct. http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38592
There is a mandatory race driver’s meeting at 7:23AM on Saturday. This will be held at grid
(between condos and garages on front straight). As a few things may be different from past
NASA weekends, attend the meeting on time.
Most importantly, don’t forget the Saturday evening dinner and 2010 awards party. All NASA
participants and their guests are welcome to attend.
Friday Entry to Facility
NASA participants may arrive Friday afternoon to drop off their cars, equipment and setup for the
weekend. The gate will close at 10PM on Friday night.
Friday Tech
As this will be a very busy weekend, we are holding tech on Friday from 3PM until 8PM (or until we run out
of cars).
We’ll see you this weekend - Thank you once again for supporting NASA Texas!!!!
Dave & Revkah Balingit
NASA TX Regional Directors
972-584-9375

NASA13
01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Looks like I will be running cmc2 work permitting.
I installed cam, headers, roller rockers and explorer intake.
Just missing the heads as far as I can tell.
Hopefully I will get close to the power numbers for cmc2.
245 or so....I havent finished assembling yet, I hope it runs when I am done.

I dont recognize many names, I look forward to meeting all the new people and having some good mid-pack racing or back marker racing. I dont care as long as I am racing someone.

Todd Covini
01-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Welcome back, Old Timer!

-=- T

GlennCMC70
01-24-2011, 11:57 PM

Daniel Allford CMC2

Team BlueFire Racing American Iron

Sam Crumpacker CMC2

Randy English CMC2

David Francis CMC

Jerry Jordan CMC2

Michael Mosty CMC2

steve mulder CMC2

Charles Penney CMC2

James Proctor CMC2

Gary Robertson CMC2

Wayne Stehle CMC2

Nicholas Valentin CMC2

Wade Zimmer CMC2

Add Cory Rueth to the list as well as Jeremy Gunter.
The CMC2 field is looking very nice!

Alien
01-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Scratch Nick V off that list. A work conflict came up.

Fbody383
01-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Scratch Nick V off that list. A work conflict came up. Work? Pfft... he saw your dyno numbers.

Al Fernandez
01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Entry list as of 1/27 at 8am

American Iron Extreme
2 entries
Wiley Alexander
Casey Holdway

American Iron
6 entries
Bryan Calder
Marshall Mosty
Dave Neary
Frank Robertson
Eddie Rock
Dave Royce

CMC2
11 entries
Sam Crumpacker
Randy English
Jerry Jordan
Michael Mosty
Chuck Penney
James Proctor
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle
Wade Zimmer
Dan Allford
Steve Mulder

Steve Mulder making a return!!!
Will Corey really sign up or will he just buzz the tower while flying upside down in a cessna 172???

Fbody383
01-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Entry list as of 1/27 at 8am You guys have fun... i guess my annual didn't go as good i thought. :shock:

Man, dissed by the cake eater that's not even racing CMC/2 this event.

Al Fernandez
01-27-2011, 01:09 PM
hahaha

marshall_mosty
01-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Loaded up and everything is in the driveway ready to roll out tomorrow at 6am...

Bryan Calder, Jeremy Gunter, Michael, and myself are leaving Richardson at 6am tomorrow morning to get to MSR-H by noon.

See you goobers there!!!

Todd Covini
01-28-2011, 01:12 PM
See you there! I'm trying to get out of work to go home and load up.
Should be there after dinner!

Chuck
01-28-2011, 01:48 PM
You guys I have fun. I did not get out of work. Take some good videos.

Chuck
CMC#14

Fbody383
01-28-2011, 02:37 PM
You guys I have fun. I did not get out of work. Take some good videos.

Chuck
CMC#14

Ratz... was looking forward to seeing you.