PDA

View Full Version : Tune in or set your recorder

David Love AI27
01-27-2011, 01:02 AM
April 15th Talladega ARCA 250 Talladega Superspeedway 250 Miles SPEED Live 5:00 PM ET

AllZWay
01-27-2011, 08:59 AM
David... You racing in it?

David Love AI27
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM

Nope, but another member of LiiR might....

AllZWay
01-27-2011, 11:43 AM

WOW...that would be cool. I generally watch all ARCA races. I like to see the young talent and see where they go.

David Love AI27
01-27-2011, 07:00 PM

WOW...that would be cool. I generally watch all ARCA races. I like to see the young talent and see where they go.

Here is a case of "you know where he came from"...

David Love AI27
02-16-2011, 09:01 PM
LiiR will be going up to Ohio to pickup the MTC Motorsports ARCA #67 Ford Fusion... :shock: :shock:

Jason hsa been selected as the driver and is pending approval from ARCA... 8)

I was accepted as the crew chief for the low budget "Mom and Pop" operation... :?: :?:

The LiiR shop in Pinehurst, TX will be the temporary base for the team...

edrock96GT
02-16-2011, 09:49 PM
LiiR will be going up to Ohio to pickup the MTC Motorsports ARCA #67 Ford Fusion... :shock: :shock:

Jason hsa been selected as the driver and is pending approval from ARCA... 8)

I was accepted as the crew chief for the low budget "Mom and Pop" operation... :?: :?:

The LiiR shop in Pinehurst, TX will be the temporary base for the team...

Eddie Rock likes this.

:D :D :D

BlueFirePony
02-16-2011, 11:09 PM
That is awesome!!! Way to go LiiR!!

way2neary
02-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Congratulations LiiR!

Jason, awesome job! Go drive the wheels off that FF!

Dave

Fbody383
02-17-2011, 01:56 PM
That IS awesome!

Remember it will ALL be in class racing.

Cinch it up and drive the wheels off!

David Love AI27
02-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Remember it will ALL be in class racing.

Thats what I'm talkin' bout...

(good thing I'm not driving... been told more than once that I "have NO CLASS"... LOL)

Cinch it up and drive the wheels off!

No backup car, no backup motor, tires run $600/each, mounted and we are REQUIRED to by 3 sets (@ $7,200)...

at least they have enough tires for EVERYBODY

michaelmosty
02-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Are y'all going to be doing testing at TWS any time soon?

David Love AI27
02-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Are y'all going to be doing testing at TWS any time soon?

We wanted to, but TWS wants $5,000-$6,000 for a day mid week because of the cost of closing the concrete walls on the back straight :shock: :shock:

The "plan" is to go to the ARCA practice days at Taladega the week before the race and Jason will be allowed his own session to "prove" to the ARCA officials that he can hold a "safe" line at the minium speed...

THEN, we hope to find some other underfunded teams to practice drafting at the prerace practice sessions...

The car owners and I do not expect much out of Jason (no fault of his) and we will not push him to risk the car early in the season. I just cannot pass up this oppertunity for him to drive a Roush prepared car at some of the top Superspeedways in the world (I don't sleep much at night and pinch myself on a regular basis). If he finishes dead last and 50 laps down with an intact car, I will be the proudest father you have ever seen.

David Love AI27
02-17-2011, 04:30 PM
EDITED:

EVEN, If he finishes dead last and 50 laps down with an intact car, I will STILL be the proudest father you have ever seen.

Waco Racer
02-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Do you have a pit crew?

David Love AI27
02-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Do you have a pit crew?

NO :shock: :shock: :shock: ... and they do make pit stops :!: :!: ...

Hope to find some volunteers (prefer guys who don't wanna just sit around eating ice cream :roll: )...

Still in the VERY early stages it will be two weeks before I can get my time line set and start ironing out the details

GlennCMC70
02-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Well that counts out the LAW Enduro Crew. :wink:

AllZWay
02-17-2011, 05:45 PM
This would definitley be a cool deal.

David Love AI27
02-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Well that counts out the LAW Enduro Crew. :wink:

hehe... I still have a sense of humor... contrary to public belief

David Love AI27
02-22-2011, 04:21 AM
Leaving Wednesday morning to get the #67 Ford Fusion...

Meeting with the car owners Saturday to finalize the deal and fit Jason into the seat...

Might have a little meet and greet Sunday afternoon if there is any interest from you local guys... Just some hotdogs and chips... byob and lawnchairs...

PM me if you think you can make it and I'll get back with you if I can make it happen...

31826 Cates, Pinehurst, TX for those who have never been there...

David Love AI27
03-07-2011, 01:34 PM
NEWS RELEASE from ARCA's VP of Competition:

We will allow Jason the opportunity to test at Talladega and evaluate his on track performance. Just a reminder that it will be necessary for Jason to have his physical and drug screen completed prior to the test.

marshall_mosty
03-07-2011, 02:53 PM
AWESOME!

Rob Liebbe
03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I think the LAW Enduro Team should go support Jason and David at their race. (seriosly) You could get Blue Bell Ice Cream to sponsor your equipment needs. (also seriously - send them the ice cream photo from TWS and tell them you could re-create it for them at a national event)

GlennCMC70
03-07-2011, 04:05 PM
David wouldn't have me.

Rob Liebbe
03-07-2011, 09:30 PM
David wouldn't have me.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. :)

David Love AI27
03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
David wouldn't have me.

Sure I would... I just like to pull your chain every once and a while (ok, all the time)... but this is serious stuff here.... I am having a very hard time understanding the rules, and there are no "fix it tickets" in ARCA...

GlennCMC70
03-08-2011, 03:55 PM
David wouldn't have me.

Sure I would... I just like to pull your chain every once and a while (ok, all the time)... but this is serious stuff here.... I am having a very hard time understanding the rules, and there are no "fix it tickets" in ARCA...

I suspect after this ARCA deal, you will be in love w/ the NASA and AI/CMC rules process.

David Love AI27
03-08-2011, 08:55 PM
David wouldn't have me.

I suspect after this ARCA deal, you will be in love w/ the NASA and AI/CMC rules process.

The general rules are sent out way in advance which is cool HOWEVER each track has seperate rules and those are sometimes dictated by individual race sponsors...
for example:

there is a shock sponsor for this race and we have to use their preset shocks...

fuel is provided at NO COST with a limit of a full load required at prerace tech plus 33 gallons...

A min of three sets of Hoosiers MUST be purchased at a cost of $600 each but you get back $100 if the rim is not damaged and another $100 if the innerliner is intact...

We must run a specific carb 4150 Holley 830 cfm and the studs have to have holes so it can be sealed prerace along with the restrictor plate..

The ignition box is provided by ARCA, they give you the part numbers for the connectors and the layout for the mounting holes to mount the module...

I can go on and on and on, anyway the general rules are sent out very early and at least they don't tell you that you must use a tire that is unavailable... and ALL cars must weight the same, no penalty for driving a cheby