PDA

View Full Version : G-Force Harness

Jeremy Gunter
02-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Be Careful when buying a G-Force Harness, the Pull Up lap belts are not FIA rated, while the exact same belt with pull down is... Must be that the pull up belts take more abuse than the pull downs, since you can get them tighter while in the seat...

GlennCMC70
02-02-2011, 08:18 AM
I have a set of G-Force pull up lap belts and they are FIA tagged. I had to request them to be FIA tagged and wait on them.
This was my first set of pull up lap belts and I hate them. Going back to pull downs.

Alien
02-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Also looks like the FIA rating only applies to the camlocks and not the latch and link. The Camlock is twice as much cost, but you do get an extra year out of them.

I prefer the latch and link pull downs. Tried the pull ups thinking it would be easier, but for some reason I just couldn't get them as tight as I can with the pull downs.

michaelmosty
02-02-2011, 08:58 AM
My G-Force camlock pull-down belts are FIA rated and were $135. I think the FIA was only about $15 more than the 2-year belts.

GlennCMC70
02-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Mine is a Camlock. I think I paid $150 or so for them.

Adam Ginsberg
02-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I've used the pull-up G-Force camlocks for several years, and would never go back to pull downs.

Where are you folks buying G-Force camlock pull-ups where you can request the FIA tags?

michaelmosty
02-02-2011, 11:15 AM
I did a quick Google search on a few websites and the pull-up versions appear to only be SFI rated where the pull-down can be FIA.

AllZWay
02-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I did a quick Google search on a few websites and the pull-up versions appear to only be SFI rated where the pull-down can be FIA.

My pull downs are FIA.

edrock96GT
02-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Just ordered the same G-force cam lock pull down FIA belts. They were $149.99 from HRP. $161.24 to my door. 8)

GlennCMC70
02-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Blaine Fabrication

marshall_mosty
02-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Camlock FIA Rated G-Force
#7000 (5-point pull down)
#7001 (6-point pull down)
Available in black, blue, and red

Camlock SFI Rated G-Force
#7100 (5-point pull up)
#7101 (6-point pull up)
Available in black, blue, and red

I can't find any FIA pull-up belts from G-Force...
From another website...

Gforce only had the belts Homologated as "pull down". So if you want the five year tag from Gforce you have to deal with the belts being pull down.

For those wanting to re-web their G-Force stuff and save a few bucks:

G-FORCE Racing Gear is proud to offer a Re-Webbing program for both the Latch & Link and the Camlock designed systems. When you send back your outdated G-FORCE Racing Gear harness set, all hardware is thoroughly checked for wear and replaced if necessary. Then all webbing is removed, discarded and replaced with brand new G-FORCE Racing Gear webbing. All appropriate FIA and SFI labels are attached and the rebuilt belt system will be shipped directly to you.

This program takes 2-3 weeks and the cost is $54.99 plus shipping for Latch & Link and $109.99 plus shipping for Camlock systems. Please send belts to:

G-FORCE Racing Gear
1020 Sun Valley Dr
Roswell, Ga 30076
attn: Re-Web Program

Jeremy Gunter
02-03-2011, 02:13 PM
And the reason is now clear

Jeremy,

Yes, the only harnesses that we have the hold both an SFI and FIA certifications have pull-down laps. It’s because our pull-up harnesses wouldn’t be able to pass the certification trials, it’s simply a matter of cost effectiveness: The testing for FIA Certification is very expensive and one test would have to be run for each harness type (5 point, 6 point, pull-up, pull-down, ect) and, while our pull up harness are popular, it would simply not be cost effective to have the FIA certification on those harness types. Since we only have certification to label pull-down 5 and 6 point camlock harnesses as FIA certified, that is all we can re-web as FIA. If you’d like, we can convert your pull-ups to pull-downs, giving you the FIA certification that you’re looking for at no extra charge through the re-web program. Just let me know if you have any questions and I will do what I can to answer them for you. Thank you for your time and support.

Have a great day!

Jeremy Speich
G-FORCE Racing Gear®
Phone - 770-998-8855 x110

Pull downs it is I guess....

edrock96GT
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
And the reason is now clear

...it’s simply a matter of cost effectiveness: The testing for FIA Certification is very expensive and one test would have to be run for each harness type (5 point, 6 point, pull-up, pull-down, ect) and, while our pull up harness are popular, it would simply not be cost effective to have the FIA certification on those harness types.

...and they pass the cost of their savings on to us racers by making us buy belts every two years instead of five. :roll: It's like I said at the track...they're all the same crap, just that one got tested and one didn't. :wink:

It's ok, my FIA belts are on their way.

edrock96GT
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Double post...stupid intarweb..

Jeremy Gunter
02-03-2011, 03:37 PM
sending mine back for FIA pull down style at no additional cost... screw the ease of pull ups... MOMMY WOW, I'm a big kid now....