PDA

View Full Version : DVR Alert - Speed: The day: Remembering Dale Earnhardt

mitchntx
02-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I've never been much of a DE fan.

But I watched the last 2/3s of a Speed Channel documentary that outlined the day he died. It chronicles the previous years to give the details of the day some depth.

It's over 2 hours long, IIRC. But it was well done and very raw (not graphic, but raw emotion), which I appreciate. There were photos and images I had never seen before and personal accounts of folks that were there and a part of DEI, Fox and NASCAR, that I had never heard before.

Kenny Schrader's account of what he was thinking, what he saw and his reaction was particularly well done. And even though I don;t care for Michael Waltrip much, his recolection of his victory was very real. I can see in the faces of him and crew when they first heard. It went from utter jubilation to unbelievable pain.

Again, its not graphic nor sensationalized. It is emotional, though.

SPEED offers encores of The Day on Feb. 18 at 10 p.m. ET after the network’s live broadcast of the Camping World Truck Series season opener from Daytona, and Feb. 19 at 7:30 p.m. ET.

AllZWay
02-16-2011, 11:17 AM
This was very good. There was a lot of footage and information that I had never seen before.