PDA

View Full Version : Toyo's-How old is unsafe?

BryanL
02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Just wondering at what point an RA1 would be unsafe for practice days? I have some old RA's that I would like to burn up. If stored inside what would be a reasonable shelf life, 3,5, 10 years? They don't show any cracks or anything so more worried about the inside?
Or should I just practice on the skidpad as an autocross around trailer/cars on Friday :lol:

marshall_mosty
02-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I would say 5 years for competition... 7 years for track days at 80%...
Just my gut feel, though.
The important thing is protection to UV damage.

ShadowBolt
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Just wondering at what point an RA1 would be unsafe for practice days? I have some old RA's that I would like to burn up. If stored inside what would be a reasonable shelf life, 3,5, 10 years? They don't show any cracks or anything so more worried about the inside?
Or should I just practice on the skidpad as an autocross around trailer/cars on Friday :lol:

No reason for you to purchase new tires BL. Just run the old ones. They are just as good as new ones. I hate to see you throw your money away. Just looking out for ya Bro.

JJ

JasonLiiR
02-23-2011, 12:07 PM
I put some heat in some in some 06s at TWS this weekend....actually pretty grippy after a lap or so....I was running 06s at MSRH and was running mid pack. Tire companys rules are they wont touch them after 8 years, but its mainly just personal preference.

Alien
02-23-2011, 12:14 PM
...I was running 06s at MSRH and was running mid pack...

Guess 1st of 1 is front runner, mid pack, and back marker. :D

cobra132
02-23-2011, 12:28 PM
If you're first, you're last.

David Love AI27
02-23-2011, 12:45 PM

Poor kid.... keeps fogetting there are different classes.... he just wants to get in the front of the pack, any pack...

David Love AI27
02-23-2011, 12:46 PM

ROFLMAO... just had a visual of a dog chasing his tail...

BryanL
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM

No reason for you to purchase new tires BL. Just run the old ones. They are just as good as new ones. I hate to see you throw your money away. Just looking out for ya Bro.

JJ

Thanks JJ. I have to check but I have some 255's from 08 and some 275's from 03 that I actually got from Marshall. I'll run the ones from 03 if JJ and I are running side by side. They haven't had much UV exposure. I want to use these up and then kill the 888's I still have with alot of tread left.

But I'll run my new set for qual and Toyo races since I'll be on the Podium :shock: