PDA

View Full Version : Hood pins in place of hood latch

jdlingle
03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
If I run 4 hood pins can I remove the stock hood latch? Does anyone else run their car this way? I was thinking that it might be helpful for airflow to the radiator to get those last few items out of the way. (I have already removed the running pony) I looked at the rules and it states that:

"Hood pins must be fitted. Trunk pins may be fitted. Stock hood and trunk latches may be replaced with clips. The car must be run with the hood, doors, and truck completely closed and securely latched."

Clips is what is confusing me on this. What is the clip or is this another term for the hood pins?

ShadowBolt
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
If I run 4 hood pins can I remove the stock hood latch? Does anyone else run their car this way? I was thinking that it might be helpful for airflow to the radiator to get those last few items out of the way. (I have already removed the running pony) I looked at the rules and it states that:

"Hood pins must be fitted. Trunk pins may be fitted. Stock hood and trunk latches may be replaced with clips. The car must be run with the hood, doors, and truck completely closed and securely latched."

Clips is what is confusing me on this. What is the clip or is this another term for the hood pins?

Hood pins. Remove the latch. No problem.

JJ

BryanL
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM

If you change to hood pins make a habit of always latching them back on the stand whenever you open the hood. It will help you from forgetting to put them back in when you close the hood.
Don't worry-you won't be the first one to lose a hood and I doubt the last.

K Shaw
03-01-2011, 04:04 PM
A big sticker on the dash "HOOD PINS STUPID" always helps. :wink:

Have not lost a hood yet.

kyle

Wirtz
03-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Have not lost a hood yet.
kyle

Jinx!!!

mitchntx
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
LOL ... I thought the same thing.

As a courtesy, anyone who is not racing should walk grid, looking at nothing but hood pins.

I've seen Richard Pederson doing it and I did it when Mike and I teamed up.

Now, when we get to 100 car fields, that might be quite the jog, but still ...

ShadowBolt
03-01-2011, 05:23 PM

As a courtesy, anyone who is not racing should walk grid, looking at nothing but hood pins.

When Jay is in the car I make sure everyone's hood pins are in.

JJ

RichardP
03-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I've seen Richard Pedersen doing it and I did it when Mike and I teamed up.

I've caught three sets of hood pins and one set of rear hatch pins in my travels...

Richard P.

BryanL
03-01-2011, 05:48 PM

That's when you will get on your scooter to check them.

Yeah, I was trying to type careful to give some tips on remembering hood pins while thinking about jinxing myself.

rleng1
03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I've seen JJ and Glenn, along with Leibbe, checking hood pins. thanks.
I even saw Glenn teaching the girls on grid about checking hood pins.

Rob Liebbe
03-01-2011, 08:54 PM
That's how Glenn flirts.

AllZWay
03-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I've seen JJ and Glenn, along with Leibbe, checking hood pins. thanks.
I even saw Glenn teaching the girls on grid about checking hood pins.

Yep... I have seen several folks doing it and I always appreciate the time they take to look.

cjlmlml
03-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Better start working out.