PDA

View Full Version : April 17th Car Show for DFW Charity Racing!

BlueFirePony
03-24-2011, 07:36 PM
One of our sponsors, DFW Charity Racing, is hosting a car show on Sunday April 17th at the Mesquite Hooters.
Its a 24 class show and a portion of the proceeds goes directly to helping special needs children in Texas.
I know you guys have big hearts so even if you don't want to bring your race car, street car, whatever, please consider attending the event and making a donation. Entry is only $10.

These are great people and great car people!

If we can get a handful of the AI/CMC cars there it would be a great series promotion too!
Here's a link to the post about the show with an electronic flyer.
http://www.dfwcharityracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3254

Edit: Dave B. is going to get me a NASA Banner and some promo material...so even if you don't want to bring your car, if you could come out and talk to the folks about racing with NASA it would help...but I really want your cars :)

BlueFirePony
03-28-2011, 03:41 PM
<tap tap>
Is this thing on?

C'mon guys, Hooters, Good Cause, Cars...I'll buy wings and beers...did I mention Hooters?

GlennCMC70
03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I'll be getting back in town after a few days of being in Houston. I have no plans to leave the house that weekend.
Sorry.

edrock96GT
03-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Sounds fun. If I can walk (somewhat) by then, I'll go. :)

BlueFirePony
03-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Eddie - I knew I could count on you!

I'll be getting back in town after a few days of being in Houston. I have no plans to leave the house that weekend.
A trip to Hooters is the perfect way to recover from travel. I'll be coming back from 2 weeks in Chicago and whatever other cities I find myself in over that period (I think there are Boston and San Diego trips in there somewhere)...c'mon Glenn..you know you wanna!

C'mon guys...what easier way to help start to build car count?! I bet there won't be a single Porche at this show :twisted:

#84Sprint
03-29-2011, 06:26 AM
My Dirty Sprint Car will be there for the kids to clime in and out of, 8)

michaelmosty
03-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be there with my car.
Boobs, beer, cars, and wings sounds like a pretty good combo.

BlueFirePony
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Super! Its gonna be a blast!

GlennCMC70
03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
I do wanna. I'll see about making it.

BlueFirePony
03-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Good 'cause we need some GM representation... :oops: I guess we could put a bowtie on Dave - or his Sprint car ;)
It would be cool if we could get FOUR generations of Mustangs and Camaros there...

BlueFirePony
04-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Just did a cruise with the DFW Charity racing folks yesterday and had a blast...great group of people.
Completely forgot to post about that for you all to join, but I know you all want to do this car show so let's see the show of hands!
Dave, Eddie and Michael have stepped up!

Like I said - I really really want cars - both to represent NASA and to contribute to the charity - WINGS AND BEER ON ME (you are on your own for Hooters but you know that racecars attract Hooters) - Heck, bring your car and I'll pay your entry fee too!

If you don't want to bring the car, at least come out and help us represent NASA. I've got a nice banner and plenty of handouts so come one come all!
If you are going to bring the car let me know in advance - I want to arrange a land grab and get us all together.

Of course, if you don't want to join us, any and all donations to DFW Charity Racing are welcome http://www.dfwcharityracing.com/forums/misc.php?do=donate

michaelmosty
04-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Registration is at Noon, show starts at 1:00. What time do we want to meet to get unloaded?
Do you think there will be a designated space for trailer drop off?

GlennCMC70
04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm out. Got a re-wire of a CMC2 car to complete in short time on short notice.

edrock96GT
04-10-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be there with my car.
Boobs, beer, cars, and wings sounds like a pretty good combo.

Michael, only AI cars can have wings. :p

The boobs are still up for grabs :D

BlueFirePony
04-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Registration is at Noon, show starts at 1:00. What time do we want to meet to get unloaded?
Do you think there will be a designated space for trailer drop off?
I've got a message out asking about parking/unloading details so I'll get back with firm info in a few days.
Right now, unless someone tells me otherwise, I am planning to be there at 11AM and stake out a spot for us...its a pretty big parking lot but there are 2 other restaurants there besides Hooters and its a Saturday so I am planning on early in, later out. Beer and wings on either side ;)

BlueFirePony
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
One of the organizers will be there at 10:45 so I am planning to meet him there at that time. Michael if you want we can meet in Richardson and convoy together. Eddie's got someone loading and I am going to unload/load at Hooters for him. What a guy this Rock..heck with Hoosiers...I am getting Eddie all the Hooters he can handle ;)
Jay Carley is going to try and make it and hopefully bring a pal or two. Would be great if we could get a third or forth gen there.

#84Sprint
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
I've got a message out asking about parking/unloading details so I'll get back with firm info in a few days.
Right now, unless someone tells me otherwise, I am planning to be there at 11AM and stake out a spot for us...its a pretty big parking lot but there are 2 other restaurants there besides Hooters and its a Saturday so I am planning on early in, later out. Beer and wings on either side ;)

April 17th is a Sunday Brian

#
Here's a link to the post about the show with an electronic flyer.
http://www.dfwcharityracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3254
#
The CRL @ Hooters in Mesquite April 17th - DFW Charity Racing
www.dfwcharityracing.com
The CRL @ Hooters in Mesquite April 17th Event Information

BlueFirePony
04-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Good catch...I wrote it correct originally...SUNDAY April 17...hopefully everyone interested saw the link I attached and the OP

GlennCMC70
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm out. Got a re-wire of a CMC2 car to complete in short time on short notice.

Looks like I'll be able to make this. Boss said lay off the Sunday work for a couple weeks.

BlueFirePony
04-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Looks like I'll be able to make this. Boss said lay off the Sunday work for a couple weeks.
Super! We'll have a least two generations of Camaros in attendance!

GlennCMC70
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Leaving now. See you guys in a bit.

#84Sprint
04-18-2011, 06:27 AM
I want to thank Eddie , Mosty , Brian , Glean , Jay , Jerry , Bobby , & Smiley from Smiley Racing Products for taking time out to help out with car count for DFW Charity Racing car show for the kids Tim raised 492.00 for the charity and few won trophy's from the group but it was all about the kids and good fun. there are photos on Flickr.com/DavidGarland and am working on the in-car photos from the Drift HD170 Stealth 8,000 photos, I think I had 10 adults and lot track of how many kids got in and out of my sprint car,,Thanks to All

BlueFirePony
04-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Big thanks Guys! Hope everyone had a good time and I think the show was a big success!! I heard there were 61 cars that showed and as Dave mentioned the charity raised almost $500 for the kids!!
DFW Charity Racing will be doing these shows at the same Hooters in Mesquite on the 3rd Sunday of the month through the summer. I plan to make as many as I can (only one I probably won't make is June as I will be in Canada for my parents 50th anniversary).