PDA

View Full Version : Garage Map for April/May TWS

nasa-rm
04-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Garage Map for April/May TWS

http://www.nasaproracing.com/texas/TWS_Garage%20Map.pdf

cobra132
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
This degree of organization is freakin-me-out-man.

JasonLiiR
04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
How do I put my name on garage 15? Already registered and paid.

Fbody383
04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
This degree of organization is freakin-me-out-man. He's lulling us into a different sense of security.

nasa-rm
04-02-2011, 08:40 AM
This degree of organization is freakin-me-out-man.

Lack of organization freaks me out. :roll:

I an an engineer with OCD and I am a control freak.

JL - 15 is yours.

Fbody383
04-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I an an engineer with OCD and I am a control freak.Yep, engineer.

But really Dave... it's all been fantastic.

stevecmc8
04-04-2011, 10:50 AM
How do I put my name on garage 35? Already registered and paid. :P

BryanL
04-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Nobody has followed their designated spots in years past. I'm paid and registered so I'll take 36. But if I run the Enduro and get there early I'll pull a Glenn and get wherever I want.

mitchntx
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
For our group, the map has always been more of a guideline than a map.
Kind of like the Oklahoma land rush ... get there and squat a spot ...

ShadowBolt
04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
For our group, the map has always been more of a guideline than a map.
Kind of like the Oklahoma land rush ... get there and squat a spot ...

Yeah and it's kinda BS. Get there late and get stuck in Lake 13/36. I don't get there late anymore but it screws someone even if they signed up early but get to the track late.

Jerry

kbrewmr2
04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Nobody has followed their designated spots in years past.

mostly because anyone who shows up late can't get to the garage map to know where to go... at least you guys know what general area to park in

HoustonNW
04-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Nobody has followed their designated spots in years past.

mostly because anyone who shows up late can't get to the garage map to know where to go... at least you guys know what general area to park in

Maybe NASA can print out a couple of maps and tape them up somewhere?

kbrewmr2
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
that plus having this online ahead of time should clear it all up :)

jdlingle
04-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Hopefully my spot will still be open when I get there Friday. I have enough to obsess and worry about that weekend with passing comp school. I dont want to have to worry about where else to go or who to piss off if my spot has been pirated. :?

It would be a shame not to use the nice map Dave has drawn up for us.

BlueFirePony
04-04-2011, 10:55 PM
How about we do just that...as a group we've been bitching about late schedules, late maps, no this no that.
Dave is working hard to get us what we ask for so let's respect his effort.

mitchntx
04-05-2011, 07:01 AM
How about we do just that...as a group we've been bitching about late schedules, late maps, no this no that.

It's easy to point the finger at management.

But when we as the customer wait till the last minute to commit, kind of makes timely scheduling impossible.

Cause and effect.

Damn ... did I just defend management? :shock:

ShadowBolt
04-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Yes, why don't we pit as per the map.

JJ

Alien
04-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Why? I want NickV to park next to me so when he borrows my tools to fix his brokeass car I don't have to walk halfway across the garage to get them back :D

(okay, that and it's easier to steal his spare trans if I need it)

GlennCMC70
04-05-2011, 08:01 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. If you paid for a garage, you will get a garage. At most all of the tracks we visit, its first come, first serve. Some guys like to pit together and I say let them.
The previously mentioned reasons are why we just picked a spot at random. We have a map now, so use it if you want.

jdlingle
04-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Here is the big deal imo: If someone parks in the spot you have been told to use you have two options: be an asshole to them and make them move or go take someone elses spot and risk that person being an asshole to you about it and making you move again. I personally dont like either one of those scenarios when Im at the track to have fun. Every person displaced dominoes through the same scenario. If its a free for all and we know it thats fine. But since the list is there how hard is it to follow it? I'm sure Dave would move people if they really wanted to be next to someone and they werent already. He did put all the CMC guys under one garage like you asked. Would you be happy if you bought tickets to a NASCAR race or a Cowboys game and someone else in in your seat and then doesnt want to move? Would you be happy after asking for the middle section of garages if all the Miata guys took the spot you asked for?

Alien
04-05-2011, 09:20 AM
He did put all the CMC guys under one garage like you asked. Would you be happy if you bought tickets to a NASCAR race or a Cowboys game and someone else in in your seat and then doesnt want to move? Would you be happy after asking for the middle section of garages if all the Miata guys took the spot you asked for?

That's partly why we asked to all be in one garage. We don't want to take some miata guys spot and vice versa. I liken it to going to that Cowboys game with a group of friends. You hand out the tickets to everyone. Everyone sits in that 'block' of seat. You sit next to your wife even tho that's not the seat number on your ticket. Just MHO.

ShadowBolt
04-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Here is the big deal imo: If someone parks in the spot you have been told to use you have two options: be an asshole to them and make them move or go take someone elses spot and risk that person being an asshole to you about it and making you move again. I personally dont like either one of those scenarios when Im at the track to have fun. Every person displaced dominoes through the same scenario. If its a free for all and we know it thats fine. But since the list is there how hard is it to follow it? I'm sure Dave would move people if they really wanted to be next to someone and they werent already. He did put all the CMC guys under one garage like you asked. Would you be happy if you bought tickets to a NASCAR race or a Cowboys game and someone else in in your seat and then doesnt want to move? Would you be happy after asking for the middle section of garages if all the Miata guys took the spot you asked for?

I agree. Why is a map made if we are not going to use it? If some guys want to trade I have no issue with that but just going where you want and sticking a guy in one of the water holes (when he had a good spot on the map) is BS.

JJ

Alien
04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
To play devil's advocate since it's a slow day at work, by that token if a guy gets the lake spot on the map, he's stuck with it. Doesn't matter how early he registered, how early he got there, it's already out of his hands.

Maybe do it like NASCAR and the pit assignments. Points leader picks first. :lol: I'm sure we can make it more complicated if we tried.

mitchntx
04-05-2011, 10:25 AM

If I arrive at noon on Friday and some non-NASA TnT guy is there for the day in my assigned garage spot, I should wait till the track goes cold at 5, him to load and pack all his stuff even though next to him is an empty stall? You see, the garage spots are for Sat/Sun only (or were in years gone by).

Not bloody likely.

kbrewmr2
04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
maybe I was just lucky in years past but Misty & crew always put me in the same garage for Fri as the one I was supposed to be in Sat-Sun :?

AllZWay
04-05-2011, 10:49 AM
The spot # means nothing to me...unless I paid early and get in the lake spots.

Oh... and I need to pit by my cat daddy Mitch. :lol:

edrock96GT
04-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh jeeze you guys are making this too painful. If you would like a different spot, let Dave know now. If you want to trade later, talk to the guy who has the spot you want and trade with him, maybe call him before hand. Other than that, go to your assigned spot.

Don't make pull out SSG Rock to get this straightened out. :lol:

mitchntx
04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
go to your assigned spot.

Bring it. I'm sure we can involve it and Leinert in sort of activity suitable for Youtube. :D

All this bitching about "you got my spot" is actually kind of strange. Is that all we really have to bitch about? What a relief, eh?

The whole point is not about who gets which spot, it's that we're all in the same garage, pitting together. The map is a place holder for folks that have paid, not second grade assigned seating in Ms. Balingit's reading class.

Again, I'm not standing around for 1/2 a day waiting for some day-traitor to vacate my assigned spot. There should be enough slots to go around.

Stop being OCD and just have fun guys.

Rob Liebbe
04-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Dave,

Might I suggest you simply remove the garage 13/36 lake spots from the pre-paid grid. Use it as last minute filler if needed. Just don't sell it to RX7 guys. Or you could sell them to Cupcake and Fruitcake and we can make U-boat jokes all weekend long. It looks like that will push two guys out of the CMC garage, but may prevent some heartache. Maybe kick Landrum out of his spot. Is he even bringing a race car? You certainly don't want to screw someone over who prepaid early and ends up on the wrong end of the land rush if he arrives late. Chalk this up to learning the quirks of a new region.

Hopefully the weather will be good and it will be a non-issue.

GlennCMC70
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM

Bring it. I'm sure we can involve it and Leinert in sort of activity suitable for Youtube. :D

All this bitching about "you got my spot" is actually kind of strange. Is that all we really have to bitch about? What a relief, eh?

The whole point is not about who gets which spot, it's that we're all in the same garage, pitting together. The map is a place holder for folks that have paid, not second grade assigned seating in Ms. Balingit's reading class.

Again, I'm not standing around for 1/2 a day waiting for some day-traitor to vacate my assigned spot. There should be enough slots to go around.

I'm liking this new Mitch.

mitchntx
04-05-2011, 03:15 PM

I'm liking this new Mitch.

I diagree with Glenn

Alien
04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
What's the bets on if Michael and Marshall still fight over who gets what spot even if they do follow the map. :)

"Moooom, his wing is on my side of the garage!"

nasa-rm
04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
It really went up as first come first serve. We can wiggle it around as much as you guys like. That's why I'm getting it up there now. The only thought I put behind it was getting the two comp school racers next to Mosty.

And no worries about the 13/36 spot. It NEVER rains at TWS :roll:.

This is a piece of cake vs 45 RV spots, 22 GP garages and 36 regular garages at Miller with people worried about sharing tools across a 110 acre paddock for an entire week.

I will copy the map to TWS for their use on Friday. Maybe it'll help.

nasa-rm
04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
dbl post

AllZWay
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM

But when it does... It is TEXAS size. You must have missed the BrianL show. :lol:

ShadowBolt
04-05-2011, 03:40 PM

But when it does... It is TEXAS size. You must have missed the BrianL show. :lol:

Was it 6" in 8 hours or 8" in six hours?

JJ

nasa-rm
04-05-2011, 03:44 PM

No... everybody in internet land saw that. He had no idea how infamous he was.

mitchntx
04-05-2011, 05:02 PM

For the FNGs ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2KbH9EqAVA

GlennCMC70
04-05-2011, 05:08 PM

For the FNGs ...

That was the day Bryan stopped being the FNG. When all you other FNG's gonna step up?

JasonLiiR
04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Yea. Totally didn't think I would cause WWIII by requesting a spot. If the gates are open Thursday Ill be there that night. Nice to know I can park where ever. Like spot 15.

jdlingle
04-05-2011, 07:54 PM

For the FNGs ...

That was the day Bryan stopped being the FNG. When all you other FNG's gonna step up?

I may be an FNG for awhile. I would have fallen in the water about ten feet in probably. Very impressive Brian!

edrock96GT
04-05-2011, 09:32 PM

For the FNGs ...

Hey I got my award already :lol: You all are just lucky I wont be able to walk this time. 8)