PDA

View Full Version : TWS Event

David Love AI27
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
LiiR will be at TWS in support of NASATX. We hope to run at least 3 cars, maybe 4 counting my cousin Todd. Since SCCA doesn't offer very many "open track" sessions we are taking advantage of the NASATX policy of running a DE/Racecraft group at every event. We still plan to do "Troop Support" packages for those who want to participate and donate phone cards and/or other suggested items. Any official or unofficial protest or inspection of the AI#27 car is welcomed :twisted: . I am mandating that the LiiR family maintain a positive attitude and make this a fun weekend for the entire team. All are invited to join us the the LiiR camp for fun and fellowship (if you haven't met my mom you need to stop by) :lol: . Hope to see you all at TWS. :D

macstang
07-10-2006, 11:32 PM
david, we will gladly donate to the troop suport.

See ya there

GlennCMC70
07-11-2006, 01:02 PM
is anyone w/ NASA or CMC/AI working w/ TWS to ensure all CMC / AI cars that rent a garage are grouped together? i think Adam was going to do this, but i think thats not gonna happen now.

Todd Covini
07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I'll pick that up.

-=- Todd

Waco Racer
07-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Expect a schedule by the end of the week.

Also, expect the safety broadcast issue to be resolved and in place by the event.

Hope to see you there.

Todd Covini
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
AI/CMC will be "garaged" all together on a first come-first served basis.
NASA will be doing their best to group each class together.

If you haven't registered and reserved your TWS garage yet...do it now!!!

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
07-14-2006, 07:37 AM
both done last week.

Boudy
07-30-2006, 10:52 PM
OK guys, I'm thinking since we'll be at the wing joint on Sat night, I might fill the Rita Machine with Gatorade for the weekend. Looking like mid 90's for the weekend, not as bad as it could be.

I'll provide chorizo and egg tacos for breakfast on Sat and Sun again for everyone.

Boudy

Mike Bell
08-02-2006, 12:46 PM
AI/CMC will be "garaged" all together on a first come-first served basis.
NASA will be doing their best to group each class together.

If you haven't registered and reserved your TWS garage yet...do it now!!!

-=- Todd

I'm renting a garage stall for the first time with NASA TX. How does this FCFS work if we are going to be grouped in class? Does the first AI/CMC'er there do a land grab or does someone from NASA TX tell us where to put our pile of parts?

FWIW, I plan on arriving after 7:00pm Friday night (might be later) to drop off race car and trailer.

Mike Bell
08-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Oops, double postage.

y5e06
08-02-2006, 02:15 PM
FWIW a reply from nasatx per an email I sent them:

Yes, all AI/CMC group 5 are together in garage 2. We will have garage maps and what number each one of you is in on Friday at Registration.

I'm going to be there before then and pick my own stall. Whomever's stall I end up taking will just need to take my 'assigned' spot.

Mike Bell
08-02-2006, 02:19 PM
That's the info I needed, thanks Morgan!

jeffburch
08-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm in the same lucky spot I was in lashyear.

jb

Racebrat
08-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Just a Reminder

Drink plenty of water (or gatorade, etc) this weekend! It's going to be hot and the heat index won't be enjoyable. Please take care of yourselves. Here is a bit of info about Heatstroke:

Heatstroke occurs when the body fails to regulate its own temperature and body temperature continues to rise, often to 105 °F(40.6 °C) or higher. Signs of rapidly progressing heatstroke include:

* Unconsciousness for longer than a few seconds.
* Convulsion (seizure).
* Signs of moderate to severe difficulty breathing.
* A rectal temperature over 104 °F(40 °C) after exposure to a hot environment.
* Confusion, severe restlessness, or anxiety.
* Fast heart rate.
* Hot, dry, flushed skin with no sweating (classic heatstroke) or with excessive sweating (exertional heatstroke).
* Severe vomiting and diarrhea.

Don't worry, no one's going to take a rectal temperature! But seriously, if you experience any of these symptoms or see someone who is get ahold of someone IMMEDIATELY! Clifton and I wll both have radios as well as Tech, Grid and Instructors (mostly Ali but sometimes Kevin).

Play safe guys and remember to hydrate. If you need anything please don't hesitate to find me.

Looking forward to a great weekend!

A

GlennCMC70
08-03-2006, 03:57 PM
but if it does come to a rectal, make sure clifton is no way involved! :P

but really, if you think someone is not doing well, dont take their word for it. one of the first things to go before heat exhaustion/stroke is mental capacity. if you find yourself making mistakes you would normally consider stupid, take a REALLY good look @ yourself, or ask someone to do it for you. :)

Waco Racer
08-03-2006, 04:40 PM
That's a very good point Glenn - on both accounts!

oz98cobra
08-03-2006, 06:15 PM
* Signs of moderate to severe difficulty breathing.
* A rectal temperature over 104 °F(40 °C) after exposure to a hot environment.
* Confusion, severe restlessness, or anxiety.
* Fast heart rate.
* Hot, dry, flushed skin with no sweating (classic heatstroke) or with excessive sweating (exertional heatstroke).
A

All of the above describe the condition most drivers will be coming off the track in after a race on the weekend .... better look for unconciousness, convulsions or vomiting as signs for heatstroke? ;)

AI#97
08-03-2006, 06:25 PM
All of the above describe the condition most drivers will be coming off the track in after a race on the weekend .... better look for unconciousness, convulsions or vomiting as signs for heatstroke? ;)

Ah, compliance and tech inspections POST RACE!!! Now we got this figured out? :wink:

Boudy
08-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm planning on running Gatorade in the Rita' machine all weekend for all who want it. So ,yes Glenn, they will truely be slurpies this time. :lol: :lol:

Boudy

GlennCMC70
08-03-2006, 11:06 PM
dayum, i waisted all that time teaching my 4 year old how to sneek and get them!

Boudy
08-04-2006, 07:22 AM
That' funny... Love's kid was sneaking them all night at Hallett. We had to run him off. "But, but, it's for my day." :lol:

Boudy

David Love AI27
08-04-2006, 09:48 PM
That' funny... Love's kid was sneaking them all night at Hallett. We had to run him off. "But, but, it's for my day." :lol:

Boudy

Yep, Jason and his buddy kept bringing back half full glasses, Said "that guy would only let us fill them up half way!!!". But they were good sports and made many trips... that machine sure poured slow, took them FOREVER to get back....