PDA

View Full Version : Change in Texas AI/CMC leadership

Al Fernandez
04-19-2011, 12:19 AM
NASA regrets to announce that Rob Liebbe will be stepping down from his responsibilities as Co-Director of Texas Regiona AI and CMC for personal reasons. Rob will continue to be part of our family and is currently dividing his time between building a new CMC2 Mustang and moving his family into a new house.

We are also happy to announce that Marshall Mosty will be stepping up to the position of Texas Regional AI and CMC Co-Director. Marshall, his wife Trina, and their three boys have been NASA regulars since 2005 when Marshall took AIX Rookie of the Year honors. Marshall joins Glenn Landrum as Co-Director of AI and CMC in Texas. Together they manage and coordinate the activities of AI and CMC during the events, as well as participating in the rules process and class direction as representatives of Texas AI and CMC racers.

GlennCMC70
04-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Sad to see Rob go. Glad to have Marshall on the team.

AllZWay
04-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Agreed... Good Luck Marshall.... now DQ brother real soon. ;)

michaelmosty
04-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey, knock it off Edward.
Family dinner is going to be more interesting when I tell my folks the series directors are being assholes! :^) (j/k, I love you all)

marshall_mosty
04-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Agreed... Good Luck Marshall.... now DQ brother real soon.
We'll see what I can do... ;)

Fbody383
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Rob, I still think you are well suited for the gig but understand that life gets in the way. Marshall, about that DQ... what food/drink should I bring to TWS?

mitchntx
04-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Marshall, I apologize for yelling at Trina over the phone and then telling her I was Adam Ginsberg.

marshall_mosty
04-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Marshall, I apologize for yelling at Trina over the phone and then telling her I was Adam Ginsberg.
Wow Mitch, you are backpedaling from Dyno Day in 2005... nice. :)

GlennCMC70
04-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Kissing your ass is the first stage. W/ the turnover rate of Directors in the last few years, they will likely move to "back stabbing and "throat cutting" w/ in a few days.

marshall_mosty
04-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Kissing your ass is the first stage. W/ the turnover rate of Directors in the last few years, they will likely move to "back stabbing and "throat cutting" w/ in a few days.
How have you lasted Glenn? What's your key to your youthful appearance? :)

GlennCMC70
04-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Talk shit about them behind their backs every chance I get.

michaelmosty
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
How have you lasted Glenn? What's your key to your youthful appearance? :)

What the heck, do you have to be a director to get to use smileys?

mitchntx
04-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Wow Mitch, you are backpedaling from Dyno Day in 2005... nice. :)

Starting at the beginning ...

Oh yeah ... I was the one on the IRB between you and Skip that saved your ass. Just so you know. :D

Rob Liebbe
04-20-2011, 07:47 AM
For various reasons; some good, some lame but none of them tragic, I just wasn't giving the director gig the attention it needed and you guys deserved. I decided to step aside and let someone else do it right. I mentioned Marshall's name to AL and I'm glad to see it followed through.

Go get 'em Marshall!!!!

See you guys at TWS.

Looks like ex-directors can use smiley's too. :cool:

kbrewmr2
04-20-2011, 09:31 AM
double post ack!

kbrewmr2
04-20-2011, 09:32 AM
What the heck, do you have to be a director to get to use smileys?
apparently even assistant directors can use 'em :)

GlennCMC70
04-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Can't leave till you sucker.... um, er.... find your replacement.

marshall_mosty
04-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Starting at the beginning ...

Oh yeah ... I was the one on the IRB between you and Skip that saved your ass. Just so you know. :DAnd I'm glad you are the stand-up guy you are and stood up for what was right in the situation. I never knew who was a part of the IRB, so I couldn't thank you until now.

I still have the outer ring of that wheel that I need to turn into a wall clock... :)

mitchntx
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
I also added a few $$$ to your income tax return.

marshall_mosty
04-20-2011, 09:36 PM
I also added a few $$$ to your income tax return.I didn't know I could request a nuclear power usage credit. :P

#84Sprint
04-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Congrats on the gig Marshall,

way2neary
04-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Hey Marshall,

Congrats on your new role. I'm really glad to see you in this position. I think you'll do a great job!

Also is it true that this new position requires you to put a 100 lbs in your car? ;-)

Dave

mitchntx
04-21-2011, 05:37 AM
I didn't know I could request a nuclear power usage credit. :P

I can authorize the tax credit or you can just stop paying your electric bill.
Your choice. Just write "Exempt per Dean Dillinger" on the payment stub and send it in.

marshall_mosty
04-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Hey Marshall,

Congrats on your new role. I'm really glad to see you in this position. I think you'll do a great job!

Also is it true that this new position requires you to put a 100 lbs in your car? ;-)

DaveDave, with the cool suit I'll be over 100+ lbs heavy at TWS, so consider it done.

Todd Covini
04-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Congrats Marshall! Thanks for hitting the ground running with all the tire drama!
You guys have got a great man representing you and he's not afraid to step up and tell it like it is!

I look forward to many years with you on American Iron staff Marshall and continue to keep me honest & on task!

-=- Todd Covini

marshall_mosty
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Congrats Marshall! Thanks for hitting the ground running with all the tire drama!
You guys have got a great man representing you and he's not afraid to step up and tell it like it is!

I look forward to many years with you on American Iron staff Marshall and continue to keep me honest & on task!

-=- Todd CoviniTodd, If I'm keeping you honest and on task, where is the "director's cut" of the AI rules that was supposed to be out in "a few weeks" when we talked in Feb?

Nothing but love... :)

MikeP99Z
04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Where's the fix to the Ford Racing ABS and parity for the non-Mustang competitors?

marshall_mosty
04-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Where's the fix to the Ford Racing ABS and parity for the non-Mustang competitors?Mike, you don't have to worry about that in Texas... no worries. Put some fuel in it, air up the tires, and come to the track!

MikeP99Z
04-21-2011, 11:29 PM
That was directed at Todd regarding "keep him honest and on task" - not to you. Not sure what "on task" really is at this point.

Nothing is being done about it, there are no longer any F-body owners on the AI board at the regional or national level.

The wheel had a slight squeak, which is getting louder. Looking for some grease. Not finding any. Tired of being patient about it, and have no intention to wait 2 years. Other changes to the rules have been made mid-year...

At this point I've given up and have zero motivation to put the car back together.

marshall_mosty
04-21-2011, 11:43 PM
That was directed at Todd regarding "keep him honest and on task" - not to you. Not sure what "on task" really is at this point.

Nothing is being done about it, there are no longer any F-body owners on the AI board at the regional or national level.

The wheel had a slight squeak, which is getting louder. Looking for some grease. Not finding any. Tired of being patient about it, and have no intention to wait 2 years. Other changes to the rules have been made mid-year...

At this point I've given up and have zero motivation to put the car back together.Mike, I clearly understand the issue with the FR500 ABS module. I get it... really. However, how does that affect NASA TX? Nobody has that unit in their car. Calder is the only one that "might", but don't believe he does.

Your concern is on a national level and is dealing with the way that AI is heading in the future. I'm gathering data on the subject to help where I can.

None of this "noise" should impact your desire to race in TX... unless we aren't the type of compeition that scratches the "itch" (and that's fine if it's what it is)...

MikeP99Z
04-21-2011, 11:52 PM
This has nothing to do with NASA TX or the participants here.

Strictly National, fixing the issue, and not have the class implode like A-Sedan. The changes need to come now, not two years from now after people have bailed out. This is moving in the wrong direction.

BlueFirePony
04-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Calder is the only one that "might", but don't believe he does...Wouldn't know what to do with it if I did...I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten into the stock ABS I have

Todd Covini
04-23-2011, 01:18 AM
This has nothing to do with NASA TX or the participants here.

Strictly National, fixing the issue, and not have the class implode like A-Sedan. The changes need to come now, not two years from now after people have bailed out. This is moving in the wrong direction.

Mike...You willing to remove your ABS? (yes or no)

GlennCMC70
04-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Mike...You willing to remove your ABS? (yes or no)

It is the only answer for a system that you can't police and where there is a huge disparity in performance in the systems that come from the OEM. Add to it, that some systems are able to be re-programed and none of the GM units can be and it is a no brain'er.

I think a lower level AI class is the answer (think budget minded). 8:1 HP/TQ, 13" brakes, 17" wheels (wheels w/ a 18lb minimum) and no ABS. This alone will remove 90% of the drama. Allow those folks who want to keep ABS, 18" wheels and 14" brakes to run in AI Bling.
Guys will surely be upset about removing the ABS. The guys that will be the most upset will be those who know their system has a leg up on everyone elses. But for the most part, guys will be happier to get back to an even playing field.

The other option is to add like 200lbs to car w/ ABS. It will be voluntarily removed then.

MikeP99Z
04-23-2011, 09:26 AM
If removing my ABS is part of the resolution, then I'll remove it. Sure, I'd prefer to keep it, but there is no option from GM that is remotely close to the Ford system. A Bosch 10.4 is out of the question for 95% of the competition.

Adding weight to ANY ABS equipped car is bs. Selectively adding weight to the Ford Racing ABS cars maybe an option but isn't necessarily a long term resolution. (See example below)

We have multiple issues in the class, and a variety of things need to be done. The Ford Racing ABS is my biggest issue.

Two classes aren't going to fix car counts. Although I think the concept of AI2 is cool, I generally agree that it helps no one for contingency/car count.

The concept of the class is to showcase aftermarket parts. Continual restrictions to the cars don't help, and there sure isn't a lot being showcased right now. Not much to showcase from GM in the first place.

The solution may come along the lines of an ST/TT-styled points system.

Example:
Say baseline is 8.0:1 hp/tq:weight. No ABS baseline, Factory ABS add +0.1, Ford Racing ABS add +0.5, Bosch Racing ABS add ??. Use the weight tables, use whatever system. I really can't see adding 200 pounds to Dean's car that already weighs 3650, and at 9.5:1 his car can't be choked down any more. Everybody can make more horsepower, but everybody can't have a wicked ABS system.

I could care less if the Grand Am/WCGTS cars are eligible or not, but Ford Grand Am/WCGTS cars can't come and play because they sure won't rip out the ABS for the weekend. Chevy Grand Am/WCGTS cars are illegal per the rules due to the rear suspension.

Many topics should be visited along these lines. Find the AI2 thread and have a good read on some of the items.

More to discuss later. I'm always available for a call.

Todd Covini
04-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Mike...you beat 50% of the AI cars running the "evil Ford Racing ABS" at Nationals. Is this about one man...or one machine?

MikeP99Z
04-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Guess I have to buy a new Ford.

michaelmosty
04-26-2011, 10:47 AM
My guess is not one man or one machine but one platform. :^)

Al Fernandez
04-27-2011, 04:42 PM
wooohoooo, no ABS for AI!!!

oh, and congrats Marshall

BlueFirePony
04-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Stay out of this cake eater ;)