PDA

View Full Version : New Track - East of Dallas area?

Mike Bell
07-12-2006, 05:43 AM
Another "Ranch"??

http://www.racersranch.com/index.html

At least this one's got a Gun Club!

AllZWay
07-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Sounds great....but I have learned to not get excited about new tracks.

GunterRing went down in flames and I assume the F1 track in Waco did as well.

Waco Racer
07-12-2006, 08:04 AM
What F1 track in Waco? Are you talking about Boundless? That was supposed to be near Ennis next to the Motorplex.

AllZWay
07-12-2006, 08:11 AM
What F1 track in Waco? Are you talking about Boundless? That was supposed to be near Ennis next to the Motorplex.

Maybe it was Ennis....but I was thinking Waco.

y5e06
07-12-2006, 08:50 AM
sounds uber expensive

Country Club pleasures including a clubhouse, pool and fine dining

• Fitness center

• Equestrian center with stables, tack room and grooming facilities

• Horseback riding and walking trails

• Kart track

• Gun club

Disneyland for rich guys.

is it for real? this is on their site too:

"Groundbreaking ceremony, Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 11 a.m. "

quick, someone run out there and check for used gold painted shovels, ribbons, and empty Dom Perignon bottles

BSharp
07-12-2006, 09:08 AM
I cannot see me on that track until 2-3 years after it opens and they start to let other clubs rent it because they have burned through the initial investment.

jeffburch
07-12-2006, 09:24 AM
The building manager here at the studio lives near there.
He said it was near the community of Hiram.
They are moving dirt around now.

jb

gt40
07-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I cannot see me on that track until 2-3 years after it opens and they start to let other clubs rent it because they have burned through the initial investment.It all depends on who rents it and the fees THAY charge. If NASA, or TDE, or someone line that puts it on the schedule, I'll try it out.

BSharp
07-12-2006, 09:36 AM
When MSRC first opened I do not think THEY were looking at offering weekends to other clubs, at least not as many as they do now. They needed the $ so they had to do it.

Mike Bell
07-12-2006, 09:38 AM
MSR-Houston seems to have done it right out of the gate. Either way, it sounds like someone is paying to move dirt which is farther than most of the recent tracks have gotten IMHO.

Tex89
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
This track is 22 miles from my new house, I'll check it out & keep everyone updated.

oz98cobra
07-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Never fear Bud, I happen to know that certain DE orgs have been involved with this track from the design stage, and will be running on it right from the beginning :) I've seen pics of the place - looks like it's gonna be SWEET!

Same goes for the Cook's "F1" circuit at Slidell - another track that has already moved a lot of dirt! http://www.eaglescanyonmotorsportspark.com/

At least one of these tracks is bound to survive? One thing's for sure, DFW is about to become road racing Mecca! Name me another US city that has 3 road racing circuits within an hours drive, and three more within a 5 hour drive?

TEXAST1
07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Daron, (Note correct spelling),

Where is the Eagles Canyon?

gt40
07-12-2006, 12:47 PM
This track is 22 miles from my new house, I'll check it out & keep everyone updated.Damn! I didn't know you'd moved to Terrel.

gt40
07-12-2006, 12:52 PM
One thing's for sure, DFW is about to become road racing Mecca! Name me another US city that has 3 road racing circuits within an hours drive, and three more within a 5 hour drive?

If this really happens, I propose that NASA TX hold "One Lap of Texas" similar to One Lap of Amerca.

MSR Cresson
TWS
MSR Houston
Eagle's Canyon
Racer's Ranch
Hallett (ok, so I flunked grography.)
Pueblo Motorsports Park (Hey, it USED to be part of Texas.)
TMS
That gives us 7 tracks to pick from.

BSharp
07-12-2006, 12:59 PM

How did you do in spelling? :wink:

gt40
07-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Daron, (Note correct spelling),

Where is the Eagles Canyon?OK this one's got me excited!

Eagle's Canyon is in Slidell, about 20 miles north-Northwest of Denton -- MUCH closer to me than MSR-C!

http://tinyurl.com/f8oxa

Looks like Marshall and I may have a new home track!

gt40
07-12-2006, 01:04 PM

How did you do in spelling? :wink:My spelling's great! Proofreading ain't so good though...

jeffburch
07-12-2006, 01:17 PM
One thing's for sure, DFW is about to become road racing Mecca! Name me another US city that has 3 road racing circuits within an hours drive, and three more within a 5 hour drive?

If this really happens, I propose that NASA TX hold "One Lap of Texas" similar to One Lap of Amerca.

MSR Cresson
TWS
MSR Houston
Eagle's Canyon
Racer's Ranch
TMS

What about GrandSport down at the old WWII blimp site on the gulf?

jb

AllZWay
07-12-2006, 01:17 PM
I hope both get built. Especially the one near Terrel will be about a hour drive for me and the one near Denton just about the same distance as MSR-C.

I was also really hopeful that GunterRing was going to make it, since it would have been about a hour also.

Mike Bell
07-12-2006, 01:25 PM

MSR Cresson
TWS
MSR Houston
Eagle's Canyon
Racer's Ranch
TMS

jb

Good catch JB, I've been waiting them to do something with that one for many years, looks like some paving has begun:

http://www.grandsportspeedway.com/

Tex89
07-12-2006, 02:20 PM
This track is 22 miles from my new house, I'll check it out & keep everyone updated.Damn! I didn't know you'd moved to Terrel.

It will be complete by this weekend.

TEXAST1
07-12-2006, 09:17 PM
R King,

I live in Parker, just south of you in McKinney.

If we cut through Rockwall we could be in Terrel probably as quick as Denton?

Racebrat
07-12-2006, 10:33 PM

MSR Cresson
TWS
MSR Houston
Eagle's Canyon
Racer's Ranch
TMS

jb

Good catch JB, I've been waiting them to do something with that one for many years, looks like some paving has begun:

http://www.grandsportspeedway.com/

Last I heard Grand Sport was more defunct that Green Valley (How's that for a youn 'un?!)

Don't look for much to come out of that place. KC and I ran a Solo down there once and the pavement was so rough we got a flat on the 4X4 truck. Shards of pavement or asphalt or concrete or whatever it is were everywhere. It was in terrible condition. Don't hold your breath on that one.