PDA

View Full Version : Is a gutted stock prop valve really necessary on a FOX?

marshall_mosty
07-16-2006, 03:19 PM
I was wondering if a gutted stock proportioning valve is actually doing anything other than a glorified distribution block? This is on an '89 Mustang with 93 Cobra (Two port) MC.

I'm going to relocate the ABS pump on the car and would love to get rid of the rat's nest of brake line under the MC.

If I can take the two outlet lines from the MC directly to the two input input lines of the ABS pump.

Right now the two MC lines go into the stock prop valve. Two lines exit the prop valve and go to the two input lines for the ABS pump.

Thanks.

donovan
07-16-2006, 04:36 PM
The other function of the block is the shuttle valve... I think that is the term...

Anyway, if the rear line presure drops you still have the fronts, or if the front presure drops as in you blow a front line, you will still have the rear brakes.

That is my understanding.
donovan

AI#97
07-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Brakes are over rated....go without! :lol:

oz98cobra
07-17-2006, 11:48 AM
The other function of the block is the shuttle valve... I think that is the term...

Anyway, if the rear line presure drops you still have the fronts, or if the front presure drops as in you blow a front line, you will still have the rear brakes.

donovan

So if it's "gutted", does it still function this way, or is the proportioning part separate from the "shuttle valve"?

BSharp
07-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Yep, prop function and shuttle functions are different.

donovan

So if it's "gutted", does it still function this way, or is the proportioning part separate from the "shuttle valve"?

michaelmosty
07-17-2006, 11:57 AM
It didn't work for me. :cry:

oz98cobra
07-17-2006, 07:56 PM
It didn't work for me. :cry:

...which is probably a good thing too or you may have just locked up the rears and looped it straight into me instead of the awesome display of threading the needle that you pulled off!