PDA

View Full Version : TWS August 2011 Post Qual/Race Tech - Your input wanted.

GlennCMC70
07-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Well w/ only 2 race weekends left in the year, I felt the Directors could at least allow you all to guide the tech items for once.

Here is your chance to provide input on items you feel need more attention, or where you feel others are not in compliance. Or you just want to see it mixed up a bit.

Please email all requests to me via my email address @ Glenn_Landrum at msn dot com .
Don't post it here. Any such posts will be ignored. Please keep in mind that it needs to be something we can check w/ limited tools, and often times, in the short time allowed. I need all requests in to me by COB Friday. I'm required to turn in an advance copy 1 week before the event. Most populare items will get the most consideration.
Please try and avoid and CCR type safety items as that is NASA Tech's area of responsibility. Lets try and focus on the CMC rules. You need not be registered to provide input.

marshall_mosty
07-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Since Glenn didn't include the AI guys, send those to me so I can get them to Dave B.

marshallmosty at hotmail dot com

GlennCMC70
07-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Since Glenn didn't include the AI guys, send those to me so I can get them to Dave B.

marshallmosty at hotmail dot com

My bad. I intended to include AI as well. Oversite on my part. Unless Marshall just wants them to goto him, you can send them to me since Marshall will be absent from the event.

edrock96GT
07-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I figured he left us out because we only have like 3 rules. :p

marshall_mosty
07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Send them to me or Glenn. Anything I get, I will forward to Glenn...

Since basically nobody is anywhere close to our class rules from a build prospective, it shouldn't be a big deal. Just need to make sure:

1. Roof and doors are OEM material
2. Splitter bottoms dont pass aft of the front wheel centerline
3. Can't think of anything else... we are pretty easy

:)

jdlingle
07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Send them to me or Glenn. Anything I get, I will forward to Glenn...

Since basically nobody is anywhere close to our class rules from a build prospective, it shouldn't be a big deal. Just need to make sure:

1. Roof and doors are OEM material

:)

You may not have to even do #1 now. The main NASA forum has a thread going where people are saying Todd gave them permission to run non OEM roofs (lots of arguing about what that entails though apparently). You guys may be down to 2 rules, one for each hand!

jdlingle
07-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Apparently I cant edit the link for some reason so here is the forum link I meant to insert in my previous response. http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45016

GlennCMC70
07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Apparently I cant edit the link for some reason so here is the forum link I meant to insert in my previous response. http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45016

I saw where Todd said that and I was shocked. I don't know the AI rules very well at all, but I was pretty sure that was not a good interpretation.
Chalk another one up for Todd.

marshall_mosty
07-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Well damn then...

1. Doors are OEM material. Roofs can be whatever Todd allows...

ohhh, we have a hard one...
4. Everyone must keep their front shock towers intact, even if you convert to SLA. This should be easy for everyone in TX (except Donovan) as we all are still using the shock towers...

I thought I was actually getting somewhere... guess not.

rpoz27
07-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Well damn then...

1. Doors are OEM material. Roofs can be whatever Todd allows...

ohhh, we have a hard one...
4. Everyone must keep their front shock towers intact, even if you convert to SLA. This should be easy for everyone in TX (except Donovan) as we all are still using the shock towers...

I thought I was actually getting somewhere... guess not.

Track width, ride height, wheelbase, and the really tough one - HP/torque to weight...? Are you drinking too much of the kool-aid?

rpoz27
07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
oh! and dashes!

kbrewmr2
07-28-2011, 09:55 AM
there's a dyno on site over in the Hough compound isn't there?

edrock96GT
07-28-2011, 12:06 PM
...and the really tough one - HP/torque to weight...

that's not a tough one for some of us...unless you mean getting up to it. :D

marshall_mosty
07-28-2011, 12:11 PM
oh! and dashes!

Don't get me started on trying to interpret that rule... I'm waiting for a tech bulletin.

rpoz27
07-28-2011, 05:31 PM
there's a dyno on site over in the Hough compound isn't there?

Ask Jason Love about that.......