PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NASA Nationals

JasonLiiR
08-14-2011, 04:37 PM
So nationals is about 3 weeks away. I'm just curious about whose going up to represent AI/CMC Texas? I was planning on going at the beginning of the season but you know how things go sometimes. For the last 4 years Texas has been home to either the CMC1 or 2 trophy. 4 years in a row considering how many different regions there are out there is pretty amazing to me. Whose going up to Ohio to bring the hardware back home to Texas this year?

GlennCMC70
08-14-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm out for money reasons again. I need two sets of 275's and a good brake kit as well as money for gas.
3 strikes and your out.
I agree w/ Jason. We have always had a strong presence at Nationls from the very first one up to last year. I still think we have the toughest region to race in.
I know Dan Alford was planning to go last I talked to him the week before TWS. He was planning to miss TWS due to a schedule conflict.
I can tell you this, of the two locations Nat's has been held at, Mid Ohio is the most fun. The track, the location, the history, the poeple in the area. Food at the track is amazing. The weather is great - and expect it to rain. I liked Miller, I love Mid Ohio.

I would love to drive up for the weekend if anyone wants to load up in the G8 and blast up there.

Nick
08-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Dan A, David F, and I are the only ones from TX signed up for CMC1/2.
CMC1 will get cancelled due to lack or participants.
I expect David F will move to CMC2.
I'll get a refund and use the vacation time for hunting instead.

jeffburch
08-14-2011, 06:52 PM
GL,
I throw in with you if I get my pink slip from work.
That should happen this week.
I need a fried German Bologna sammich and a Mike's pizza.

jb

PS
Did you see the ALMS race from there last w'end?
The rain reminded me of '08 (and '06, but mostly of '08)

Adam Ginsberg
08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
GL,

You've squawking about a layoff since 2006. They can't get rid of you. ;)

I'll be there as either a Race Director, or Series Director.

GlennCMC70
08-14-2011, 08:51 PM
GL,
That should happen this week.
I need a fried German Bologna sammich and a Mike's pizza.

jb

PS
Did you see the ALMS race from there last w'end?
The rain reminded me of '08 (and '06, but mostly of '08)

Man, if you go and don't get a Mike pizza, you made a big mistake. It is only a couple miles from the track.
I saw the race, and I thought about the same thing.
Man, good times!

marshall_mosty
08-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it. I have business travel on the Sunday of the "big race" and have prep work leading up to the trip, so I'll try and keep up on my BlackBerry... :(

Sidney
08-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it. I have business travel on the Sunday of the "big race" and have prep work leading up to the trip, so I'll try and keep up on my BlackBerry... :(

Have you seen the schedule? The "Big Race" is first up Saturday right before lunch. CMC cars on the grid for the National Athem. Going to be a Kodak moment!

Sidney
Midwest Region
CMC2 #64

Fbody383
08-16-2011, 09:54 AM
I am still on the fence and a broken car doesn't help.

I have no desire to go and run way off the pace ~ and registered for CMC1 in case some of the old skool cars wanted to be the last CMC1 National Champion. I had several of you guys encourage me at TWS and I do appreciate it but I don't think the car is where it needs to be.</p></p>I'll take it one day at a time; maybe I'll go stab the spare T56 in tonight and see if I can get more than 1 gear.</p></p>

Sidney
08-16-2011, 12:23 PM
I am still on the fence and a broken car doesn't help.

I have no desire to go and run way off the pace ~ and registered for CMC1 in case some of the old skool cars wanted to be the last CMC1 National Champion. I had several of you guys encourage me at TWS and I do appreciate it but I don't think the car is where it needs to be.</p></p>I'll take it one day at a time; maybe I'll go stab the spare T56 in tonight and see if I can get more than 1 gear.</p></p>

If you can figure out a way to make a little more power...move up to CMC2. Most of us dyno less than 260...I'm around 252/253. And...if you are consistant, smooth, don't run into others, and stay on the track...a podium is very possible. Last weekend saw lots of fast cars (Ander's broke the track record) but many off in the gravel. To finish first...first you must finish. CMC2 is going to be very competitive!

Sidney
CMC2 #64

kbrewmr2
08-16-2011, 01:09 PM
The track is like Hallett plus a little bit of straightaway here & there. Definitely a track where the driver can make or break the effort though, that's for sure :) IMHO its worth going just to get to drive there....

Fbody383
08-16-2011, 01:20 PM
If you can figure out a way to make a little more power...move up to CMC2.

That's the easy part... pull the plate and put gas in it.

Now that smooth, consistent, on-track thing you mentioned... </p></p>

Sidney
08-16-2011, 02:31 PM
That's the easy part... pull the plate and put gas in it.

Now that smooth, consistent, on-track thing you mentioned... </p></p>

So far this year we've had a 3rd gen carb Firebird on 16's win, a 4th gen LT1 on 17's, and two different S197 Mustangs win at Mid-Ohio. And...they all four threw away wins by spinning off! If you can change plates and make the power...no excuses not to run CMC2.

Keeping it on the track is more important than all the crazy CMC2 rules allow. No need for 17's/275's, no need for 4 piston $2,500 brake packages, and no need for Steeda/Saleen wings. At least 1/2 the cars there will be CMC1 cars that just bumped up the power to CMC2 levels.

Sidney

RichardP
08-18-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm planning on going to Nationals with Dan Allford. This is a bit in question now since he blew 194 hp on the dyno yesterday. If we can figure out what is wrong and fix it, we will be headed out that Monday to get there in time for the Wednesday test day.

Richard P.

AllZWay
08-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm planning on going to Nationals with Dan Allford. This is a bit in question now since he blew 194 hp on the dyno yesterday. If we can figure out what is wrong and fix it, we will be headed out that Monday to get there in time for the Wednesday test day.

Richard P.

Check the knock sensor on the block. I had the connector go bad and the car dynoed really low. Another thing that made me dyno low once was a bad fuel pressure regulator.

I think Dan can do well...he needs to get it fixed.

Fbody383
08-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I think Dan can do well...he needs to get it fixed.

+1; I think he can do very well.

I'm going to shoot for getting the car on the ground this weekend and maybe do some doughnuts in a parking lot.
</p> Running out of time... must be Casey's fault.</p></p>

kbrewmr2
08-18-2011, 02:17 PM
hey those of you that are going - got room in your rig for some tires? One of my TTers needs help:
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46189

Thanks!

jeffburch
08-20-2011, 11:15 AM
I want to throw in with some Texas guys who are going.
Maybe stay thru the following weekend to take in the GrandAm race.
Let me know via sms/call (469.831.8693) as I get the impression that the PM function (AMONG OTHERS) here is FUBAR.
Yup. Finally unemployed.

jb

Fbody383
08-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Out.
</p>Done.</p></p>Fine.</p></p>Must have not gotten the clutch fork on the bearing right. Tired of messing with it.</p></p> See everybody at ECR.</p>

kbrewmr2
08-22-2011, 09:39 AM
so who from the DFW area (or is passing through there) is going???!?

Still looking for a ride for a set of tires... thanks!

AllZWay
08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Out.
</p>Done.</p></p>Fine.</p></p>Must have not gotten the clutch fork on the bearing right. Tired of messing with it.</p></p> See everybody at ECR.</p>

That is too bad... I am sure you could have kicked some tail.

jeffburch
08-22-2011, 06:35 PM
so who from the DFW area (or is passing through there) is going???!?

Still looking for a ride for a set of tires... thanks!

KB, got anything to barter with on this?
I need a soft bed in air conditioning thru Monday morning ;)

jb

AllZWay
08-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Yup. Finally unemployed.

jb

Wow...this really bites. What are the future plans? Good luck on the job search.

Fbody383
08-23-2011, 09:53 AM
That is too bad... I am sure you could have kicked some tail.

Thanks Dr. Proctor; I know Alford with good power and Denton will be tough and up front.

kbrewmr2
08-23-2011, 10:26 AM
KB, got anything to barter with on this?
I need a soft bed in air conditioning thru Monday morning ;)

jb

I'll pass this info along - I'm just playing broker here trying to help out one of my TTers. :)

jeffburch
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
I'll pass this info along - I'm just playing broker here trying to help out one of my TTers. :)

Roger. I got nothing either really. Just the desire to go.

jb

Papa Kellam
08-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm out for money reasons again. I need two sets of 275's and a good brake kit as well as money for gas.
3 strikes and your out.
I agree w/ Jason. We have always had a strong presence at Nationls from the very first one up to last year. I still think we have the toughest region to race in.
I know Dan Alford was planning to go last I talked to him the week before TWS. He was planning to miss TWS due to a schedule conflict.
I can tell you this, of the two locations Nat's has been held at, Mid Ohio is the most fun. The track, the location, the history, the poeple in the area. Food at the track is amazing. The weather is great - and expect it to rain. I liked Miller, I love Mid Ohio.

I would love to drive up for the weekend if anyone wants to load up in the G8 and blast up there.

I thinkm that the Texas Region should collect money for a fund to support any Texas Drivers that want to go represent the group and bring home some trophies. I will start by donating $100. Anyone else interested?

Wade
08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Assuming only one driver goes, this could be a neat deal to get behind on an annual basis. Top points driver who is willing and able to go, no repeat recipients of the donation in a three year period, blah, blah. I'm in for $100.

kbrewmr2
08-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Roger. I got nothing either really. Just the desire to go.

jb

Gotcha

Poor guy is driving up there with all his stuff crammed in the car so space is tight. I've been there, done that, not as fun as it sounds heheh!

BlueFirePony
08-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Assuming only one driver goes, this could be a neat deal to get behind on an annual basis. Top points driver who is willing and able to go, no repeat recipients of the donation in a three year period, blah, blah. I'm in for $100.

I am in for $100.

GlennCMC70
08-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Gotta do this before the entry goes to $1000.
Just an FYI, it is about $1500 in fuel round trip for the truck and car. My last trip I used up 2 sets of trailer tires.
Stayed at the track the last two times. Pay to park on the solid ground at Mid Ohio. It has been known to rain the whole week there. Been in a tropical storm there once too.
Eat at the track as the food at Mid Ohio is good.
Get there a full day early to get settled.

Expect this trip to cost you $2000-$2500. I came out money ahead on the 2006 and 2007 Nats. I had $$$$ help from 2006, 2007, 2008. 2006 was the best year prize money wise since the car count was 23 for CMC (no CMC2 yet).

Waco Racer
08-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I will be arriving in Columbus @ 1pm on Wednesday and flying out @ 9am on Sunday if anyone needs a ride.

Adam Ginsberg
08-28-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm arriving in Columbus at 5:40pm on Wednesday, 7 Sept 2011, and will have a rental car. If anyone needs a ride, please let me know. I think by now, you all have my phone number, or know how to get it. ;)

Papa Kellam
09-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I am in for $100.

Gotta have someone step up and has the time to go.
Any of you front runners willing to go if we can offer as much as $1000?