PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have good pics of their radiator screen attachment

jdlingle
08-15-2011, 03:06 PM
I took the time this weekend to build a quality radiator box versus the rush job pos I had at TWS on day 1. The only thing I have left to fix on it is to put up mesh over my two grill openings. Does anyone have good photos they could post or send me of how they attahced theirs? I am trying to decide what to mount it to (box or bumper) and how to attach it (bolts, rivets, etc) I appreciate any input you guys could give me.

marshall_mosty
08-15-2011, 03:22 PM
John,
I don't have any pics handy, but will try to dig some up tonight. My screen is attached to the bumper cover. It's stainless mesh that has a border made from flat aluminum strip (1/2" wide). It's drilled and riveted to the bumper cover using some high deformation rivets to hold on the back side.

The bumper just rests on the forward portion of the air box. I've used slit vacuum tubing on the leading edges of the radiator box to keep abrasion down between the airbox and bumper cover.

It's not 100% sealed, but it is 900% better than what Ford gave from the factory.

Alien
08-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Not sure how a SN95 is, but here's mine...

http://www.fototime.com/FCB6188FCA2DBC4/standard.jpg

I used big headed rivets to attached it to the support. Chose to do it here rather than at the nose/bumper. My thinking was that the mesh reduces the area that the air flows thru. So why not do it at the largest possible place.

210* at TWS says something is working.

edrock96GT
08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I used 3M outdoor double sided adhesive on mine on the area it contacted the bumper cover. It works great but you might want to reinforce it with a couple rivets in case you scoop up some grass (lost my center section at Hallett). For the top piece I sandwiched it between a sheet of aluminum used for a shroud and a thicker strip underneath to hold it in place.