PDA

View Full Version : So, do we want to have our own banquet this year?

GlennCMC70
08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I love the Annual AI/CMC Banquets we have each year. Since the management change w/ NASA TX, the word is the Annual NASA Banquet will be held at the last event (Sat night?), and not at the 1st even of the following season. I have to say I'm not a fan of this. I like to get away from the track where I'm not worried about having to work on the car, or get cleaned up, or split our time between all the other classes. I like to get someplace climate controled as well. We have had some really great banquets over the years, and I hate to see this partof AI/CMC Texas history go away.

There has been no dues collected this year to support a banquet. What does this mean? It means there will likely be a small increase in the amount $$ required from all of us to make this happen.

What we need:
1) Feedback for or against having the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Banquet. I say yes.
2) We need a date. Best dates are between Post ECR and pre X-mas. I prefere prior to Thanksgiving myself.
3) We need a city and location. College Station (Wings and More) has always worked well as a central location.
4) We need to know if catering will be required or not (location will decide this).
5) We need a head count.
6) Who is gonna make the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Video?
7) Do we want to make 2011 AI/CMC Texas shirts?

It is getting late in the year, so we really need to move on this.
For those who feel the past banquets were lacking, I invite you to volunteer to organize it this year.

jdlingle
08-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Im new to the group but I think our own banquet is a great idea. Its actually something I have looked forward to since meeting all you guys.

If its in College Station I can almost gurantee I could make it. And I am always game for another tshirt if we have some made up.

My 2cents

Crumpacker
08-15-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm in.

Of course College Station has my vote...

T-shirts are a must.

marshall_mosty
08-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I will travel to where ever the location is... T-shirts are a definate must. We need to get Todd and Al in on this since they are of course the National Director's for each of the respective classes we are honoring.

Not to put this all off on Glenn, but he's done a GREAT job in the past with banquets. Pricing was reasonable and it was always fun. We just need to find a BYOB site. That has worked very well in the past, in my opinion.

Casey_SS
08-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm in.

Of course College Station has my vote...

T-shirts are a must.

x2

Fbody383
08-16-2011, 09:27 AM
All I know is what got me really hooked into this group was the year end video and the Saturday night dinners/drink-a-thons/story telling/rain dumping...

I don't mind some of the community dinners, but I really enjoy our group blowouts at Hallett and the last party of the year at ECR.</p></p>And I can always *use* another t-shirt.</p></p>

nasa-rm
08-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I love the Annual AI/CMC Banquets we have each year. Since the management change w/ NASA TX, the word is the Annual NASA Banquet will be held at the last event (Sat night?), and not at the 1st even of the following season. I have to say I'm not a fan of this. I like to get away from the track where I'm not worried about having to work on the car, or get cleaned up, or split our time between all the other classes. I like to get someplace climate controled as well. We have had some really great banquets over the years, and I hate to see this partof AI/CMC Texas history go away.

There has been no dues collected this year to support a banquet. What does this mean? It means there will likely be a small increase in the amount $$ required from all of us to make this happen.

What we need:
1) Feedback for or against having the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Banquet. I say yes.
2) We need a date. Best dates are between Post ECR and pre X-mas. I prefere prior to Thanksgiving myself.
3) We need a city and location. College Station (Wings and More) has always worked well as a central location.
4) We need to know if catering will be required or not (location will decide this).
5) We need a head count.

It is getting late in the year, so we really need to move on this.
For those who feel the past banquets were lacking, I invite you to volunteer to organize it this year.

1. I say yes!!!
2. Pre Thanksgiving, but at least a couple weeks after ECR so trophies can be engraved.
3. Somewhere close to an airport.
5. +1 or 2
7. There has to be 2011 shirts.

AllZWay
08-16-2011, 10:09 AM
1) Feedback for or against having the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Banquet. YES..YES...YES....
2) We need a date. Best dates are between Post ECR and pre X-mas. I prefere prior to Thanksgiving myself. I agree on this time.
3) We need a city and location. Paris, Texas is the place be. Just think of taking your wives and family on a trip to Paris in the fall. :D
5) We need a head count. Most likely...Wife and 2 kids will make it...depending on location.
6) Who is gonna make the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Video? I vote Dave Francis.. He won an award last year.
7) Do we want to make 2011 AI/CMC Texas shirts? YES.. Yes.. Yes... This time don't let Al order all of them with cigarette pockets on them. ;)

marshall_mosty
08-16-2011, 10:33 AM
As far as head count, I'll have 5 total.

rleng1
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm with Proctor..... except maybe the Paris thing.

Wade
08-16-2011, 01:26 PM
What we need:
1) Feedback for or against having the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Banquet. YES
2) We need a date. Best dates are between Post ECR and pre X-mas. I prefere prior to Thanksgiving myself. Assuming that it was going to be in College Station, why not the night of 11/26. Everyone WILL be in town anyway right? But since it isn't an actual race weekend, no pressure to work on the car.
3) We need a city and location. College Station (Wings and More) has always worked well as a central location. College Station!
5) We need a head count. 2
6) Who is gonna make the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Video? Dave Francis!
7) Do we want to make 2011 AI/CMC Texas shirts? Yes, No pockets!

See inline above.

BryanL
08-16-2011, 02:05 PM
So is there going to be a race the weekend of T-giving? That kind of makes sense to have it then. Otherwise I doubt I would make it unless its in Plano. Procter if you go win Nationals then we might come to your gay town-think I have said the same thing the last 2 years.
I'll take a shirt if it doesn't have pockets, too.

BlueFirePony
08-16-2011, 03:42 PM
What we need:
1) Feedback for or against having the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Banquet.
YES
2) We need a date. Best dates are between Post ECR and pre X-mas.
If it's outside of DFW, it would likely need to be a Saturday night AFTER ECR and BEFORE Thanksgiving.
I am good with anywhere as long it is a Saturday night AFTER ECR and BEFORE Thanksgiving ;)
5) We need a head count.
myself + 1
Dave Francis! But I am willing to help
Yes, No pockets! * 1000

</p>

AllZWay
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
So is there going to be a race the weekend of T-giving? That kind of makes sense to have it then. Otherwise I doubt I would make it unless its in Plano. Procter if you go win Nationals then we might come to your gay town-think I have said the same thing the last 2 years.
I'll take a shirt if it doesn't have pockets, too.

If only I could get someone to pay my way to nationals. I couldn't afford the friggin fuel just to get there.

RichardP
08-16-2011, 04:55 PM
I couldn't afford the friggin fuel just to get there.

You are supposed to use the prize money to pay for that...

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
I cannot make it if we have it on Thanksgiving. I use that time of year to go visit family since all my family lives out of town.

I told Al those pockets were dunb. Even my 5 year old asks why that t-shirt has a pocket. May as well put a clip-on tie on it as well.

I'm not looking for head count yet. I was just putting it out there so you guys could start thinking about it. Settle down.

AllZWay
08-17-2011, 07:58 AM
You are supposed to use the prize money to pay for that...

Richard P.

No kidding... I am getting rich racing. :D

jeffburch
08-23-2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzJJFbVWNEs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pockets are for Toads.

jb

Al Fernandez
08-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Ok, seems pretty clear we all enjoy a night with the AI/CMC family, so a few more pieces of information are needed and we'll make it happen, vote on:

1) Date: Nov 5th or 19th
2) College station is the most central, we can push upwards to Waco but I suggest everyone accept the location as somewhere in that general central area and let it actually be decided by being able to secure a restaurant (harder than it sounds!) ok?
3) Need a volunteer to do shirt art. Mitch has done the last couple with great results. Who's got the talent?
4) Sounds like David and Dave have the video under control ;)
5) Last year we collected dues and both Glenn and myself put in a rather laege amount...even without an open beer/wine bar estimate $35/person, more unless you booze hounds BYO. Drop in an estimated head count for you so we can gauge the space we need now that you have a better idea of location/date/cost.

marshall_mosty
08-29-2011, 02:37 PM
I propose that the location needs to be BYOB and that we stick to that format. I'd hate to see Michael have to drink "High Life" or Coors "Tan Can"... He gets flat nasty without his "Stones"... :)

GlennCMC70
08-29-2011, 04:23 PM
I propose that the location needs to be BYOB and that we stick to that format. I'd hate to see Michael have to drink "High Life" or Coors "Tan Can"... He gets flat nasty without his "Stones"... :)

Any chance you want to set this up?

Al, did I miss where we decided on a date?

marshall_mosty
08-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Any chance you want to set this up?
Let me coordinate with some the the A&M crowd. I went to the "West Texas" school, so I'm not a experienced with the locations in college station.

I don't mind doing some calling around once I know of some places to coordinate with. I give you a buzz and you can let me in on the planning from years past.

michaelmosty
08-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Wings N' More in the party barn!!!!!!!!!!

marshall_mosty
08-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't know how to setup a poll on this site, so let's just start throwing out ideas for CS.

Wings 'n' More (+2)
???
???
???

GlennCMC70
08-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't know how to setup a poll on this site, so let's just start throwing out ideas for CS.

Wings 'n' More (+2)
???
???
???

Start a new thread and down below the text field there is an option for starting a poll.

Wade
08-30-2011, 06:30 PM
For what it's worth, A&M has an away football game on 11/5, and a HOME game on 11/19. Restaurant availabilty in CS will most likely suffer on home game days.

The Wings & More on Deacon is the one with the party room for those calling (they now have 4 locations in CS, but only one with a party room).

I would vote for Caffe Capri in Bryan again. The upstairs all to ourselves was nice, but it depends on the number of RSVP's since that space is smallish.

evarner
08-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Awards for videos now? Now you tell me!!!! LOL!

Fbody383
08-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Awards for videos now? Now you tell me!!!! LOL!

Ladies and gentlemen... the 2008 Jerry Award Winner...

marshall_mosty
08-31-2011, 08:31 PM
The wing's n more party barn is $100/hr, but the catering counts towards the rental. They have a pretty extensive menu, so everyone take a look and see what you would like. We obviously can't have it all.

http://www.wingsnmore.com/pdf/WNM-partyroom-menu.pdf

Fbody383
09-01-2011, 09:40 AM
I'll have the lot. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29QfOyuZ3Y)

Alien
09-02-2011, 08:50 AM
11/5 won't give Dave any time to include footage from ECR... ;)

Why no love for post Thanksgiving to pre Christmas?