PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Banquet Planning (What date do you want)

marshall_mosty
09-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Okay guys, I'm going to try and setup a poll for dates. I've listed everything from the week after ECR to the weekend before X-Mas, while excluding Thanksgiving (since we have an event that weekend).

GlennCMC70
09-02-2011, 12:57 PM
November 19th will likely be bad for me as I am planning to make a Thanksgiving trip to Arizona and will likely leave that day for a week or two trip.

Although, the wife starts her new job Tuesday (back to work after 9 years), so all this may change anyways.

Voted for 11/5.

marshall_mosty
09-02-2011, 06:53 PM
For me, 12-Nov is no good. Trina's parents have a 50th wedding party over that weekend.

GlennCMC70
09-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Keep in mind that some (most) party rooms are hard to get the closer you get to Christmas. While early Dec is ideal timeline wise, it doesn't always work out and is the reason Todd and Adam scheduled it post New Years so many times. W/ the season herein TX starting at the end of January more often than not, and the disconnect a January party has time wise on the season points results "celebratory spirit" from Oct, it just does not feel right to weight that long.

Has anyone considered having a "cook-out" event where we all just get together outside and have a social gathering?

As for the video.... I hope it is already in the works and the ECR stuff can be added after the event.

GlennCMC70
09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Marshall - have you asked Todd and Al about the dates of non-availability they may have?

marshall_mosty
09-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Marshall - have you asked Todd and Al about the dates of non-availability they may have?

No, I haven't. But I will.

BlueFirePony
09-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Has anyone considered having a "cook-out" event where we all just get together outside and have a social gathering?

I'd be willing to host the party at my place if folks want to make the trip. My smoker and grill are ready, willing and able and if weather is an issue we can hang out inside.Pretty much any of the dates should work in that case.

BlueFirePony
09-03-2011, 12:55 PM
And we can show the EOY video outside by the pool...we have a nice setup outside..in fact we are doing "movie night" tonight outside...not sure what movie(s), but I think its the boys' turn to pick so chick flix are out ;)

Fbody383
09-03-2011, 07:19 PM
As for the video.... I hope it is already in the works and the ECR stuff can be added after the event.

Oh yeah... it's almost done, huh Gary? #eye roll#

Al Fernandez
09-04-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm in for either Nov 5th or Dec 10th :)

AllZWay
09-04-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm in for either Nov 5th or Dec 10th :)

Same here... I voted nov. 5, But dec. 10 works okay.

marshall_mosty
09-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Okay folks. December 10 looks to be the best time for the majority and also the room is available. I'm going to pull the trigger on this Friday so we don't lose the slot. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Now I just need folks to give an idea on menu. I've never planned one of these, so I have no clue on where to start...

Todd Covini
09-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I'll make time whenever. Let me know if you need anything...

marshall_mosty
09-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Okay guys. Here's the scoop on the CS Wing's 'N More party room.

Date is 10-Dec-11

1. BYOB
2. If we go over 50 folks we need a security guard or off-duty PD officer.
3. For about $15 per person we can get:
15 order of curly fries
300 wings
200 chicken tenders
Blue cheese and cream gravy for the tenders and wings
They said this would feed approx 50-75.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the room. I'll cover the security deposit ($250) myself. It's refundable, but if anyone gets rowdy and trashes the place (I know we won't), I'm coming after you!!!

The food bill will go towards the room rental ($100 hour). The above food is approx $650. There is a $50 cleaning fee, so call it an even $700. We can have the room for six hours for that food bill, so we can start at 5 and go to 11.

I'll let everyone mull over the menu, as it doesn't have to be solidified until two weeks prior (Thanksgiving time). We can talk menu more at ECR.

I will collect all the money and pay all the bills. If there is money left over, we have two options:
1. Roll it into the 2012 season banquet fund
2. Individual refunds can be given via personal check (mine) by USPS mail.

If you want to throw money my way now, fine, but I really don't need it until the event. The National Bank of Marshall Mosty will float this boat for the benefit on not having to mail checks via USPS and rely on a system that MFW has his hands in running. (I had to rib ya Matt, if you read this) :)

Alien
09-20-2011, 12:07 PM
2. If we go over 50 folks we need a security guard or off-duty PD officer.

Let me know if this is required. I know a guy that will work for wings (my brother).

Crumpacker
09-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Let me know if this is required. I know a guy that will work for wings (my brother).

Rumor has it Michael has a Cop uniform in between his Cowboy and Construction Worker outfits.

marshall_mosty
09-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Rumor has it Michael has a Cop uniform in between his Cowboy and Construction Worker outfits.

WOW... Just WOW!!

BlueFirePony
09-24-2011, 12:53 AM
As long as he keeps the Biker getup at home everything should be fine

Rob Liebbe
09-24-2011, 08:21 AM
As long as he keeps the Biker getup at home everything should be fine

I think the Biker outfit belongs to Marshall.

Just kidding!!!!!!!!

marshall_mosty
09-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I wore the biker outfit to the Celine Dion concert...

Rob Liebbe
09-25-2011, 07:56 AM
i wore the biker outfit to the celine dion concert...

t m i !!!!!!!