PDA

View Full Version : Texas AI/CMC Round 6 at ECR Oct 22-23!

GlennCMC70
09-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Well here we are just 3 short weeks away from the final event of another great season. I figured we should start getting the energy level up around here after our long break from Round 5 (month and a half).
I'll get a list of names of those who have signed up as soon as I can. If you haven't already, please do sign up ASAP. If you need to wait, let us know your planning to do so as soon as you can so we can have a fairly accurate head count.
As always, it would be great to have a season finale cook-out like we always do. ECR has had a consistent history of having some epic AI/CMC Texas cooking/drinking and all round fun. Let’s keep that going, and let’s try and secure our usual area.
For all you DFW guys, let’s see if we can talk up this event on the local forums and places you frequently chat. This is a great track for spectators w/ regards to the view of the track and the action we generally see here. This would be a good opportunity for "recruiting". Invite them to the "party after" if we end up having one.
I'm fairly sure that the top positions for AI/CMC season points is not set in stone and this event will be the deciding event.
Along those lines - awards.....
I need all traveling trophies delivered to me by ECR. If you need to mail it to me, please do so ASAP. If you are not attending the event, mail it to me or get it to someone who is attending. I'll need to get to work making the updates for 2011 for the Awards Banquet that will be coming soon after this event.
Please provide your input/feedback.

BlueFirePony
09-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I plan to be there and I'm in for a repeat of the BBQ. Is this going to be a group thing or another feed the paddock?

Glenn, I can meet you somewhere this Sunday or next Sat/Sun - if that's soon enough - PM or call me and we can figure it out.

GlennCMC70
10-01-2011, 08:24 AM
ECR is soon enough.

way2neary
10-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Ok, I'm going crazy. At the beginning of the year I post the race schedule on my calendar. Did someone change the race date from the original posting earlier this year?!

GlennCMC70
10-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I got the date from the National page.
It has not changed as far as I know.

Fbody383
10-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I got the date from the National page.
It has not changed as far as I know. I'm with Neary... i had the "original" date at 10/8-9. Regardless, i'm registered and might actually have a car to race at this event.

way2neary
10-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Glenn,

I'm glad you posted this thread because I would have been at ECR next weekend!

marshall_mosty
10-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I've had the thiird weekend on my calendar. Don't know where 8-9 came from. Everyone take good notes, as it's all up in the air. AI and CMC-2 are far from sealed.

Everyone prep and bring their "A" game. Do the rain or sunshine dance... It will be fun regardless. Three weeks baby!! With Hallett being my last event, I'm ready to hit a track I've never driven!!

Also, I'm looking for a place to crash (enclosed trailer or RV for myself and Gavin for both Friday and Saturday).

jdlingle
10-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I am definitely out for this event due to Broday's medical costs from a few weeks back and the fact that Mandy is scheduled for a c-section to deliver Kayla on the 24th. I am 95% sure I will be at the non points TWS race and if not there I will definitely catch up with everyone at the banquet. I expect updates from you guys DURING the weekend!

GlennCMC70
10-02-2011, 07:52 PM
List of registered drivers as of 10-01-11 per NASA TX HQ:
23 American Iron David Neary The Woodlands TX Ford Mustang Cobra 1994
39 CMC2 David Francis Pearland TX Chevrolet Camaro 1994 Orange Is Fast!
67 American Iron Marshall Mosty Denton TX Ford Mustang 1989 Bell Racing\ John Mosty Company
85 CMC2 Wayne Stehle Houston TX Chevrolet Camaro 1998

Casey_SS
10-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I'll be there....planning to get registration squared away in the next couple days.

AllZWay
10-03-2011, 08:27 AM
I will be there also...just haven't registered yet. I don't think the whole family is going to be able to make it though. The girls have soccer and volleyball games on Saturday.

ShadowBolt
10-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Team Jordan is signed up. Damn it's been a long time since Hallett.

JJ

nasa-rm
10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I plan to be there and I'm in for a repeat of the BBQ. Is this going to be a group thing or another feed the paddock?

On that note, if NASA provides the food (or $$) - do you guys want to do a repeat of Cresson?

Wade
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
I am tentative at best for this event. I went to the ER Monday a week ago and was told that I have three bulging discs in my lower back. Started some physical therapy today. Can't lift anything over 8-10 lbs. I'll probably mostly healed by the event, but am scared to re-injure the affected nerves. Also, I'm not supposed to be changing tires, or any or the other fun (read...work) that goes along with actually driving or preparing the car before the event. FML :-(

marshall_mosty
10-03-2011, 02:03 PM
On that note, if NASA provides the food (or $$) - do you guys want to do a repeat of Cresson?
Dave,
Your parties rock. I think if NASA-TX brings some and we bring what we were planning on... it would be a great time!!

BlueFirePony
10-03-2011, 04:06 PM

I'm willing to do it up like Cresson if Randy and Frank are in...that was fun but a lot of work to feed that many people.

BryanL
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Ok, I'm going crazy. At the beginning of the year I post the race schedule on my calendar. Did someone change the race date from the original posting earlier this year?!

No you aren't the only one. I realized this awhile back as it seemed to change on me as well. Early this year I told the wife sure you can go to New York the weekend of the 21-23 won't interfere with ECR since its earlier in the month. At some point this summer I realized it had changed.

So, I'm stuck with the little kiddo's all weekend for the first time ever-I'm in trouble. I sure will miss the party in the lower pits.

GlennCMC70
10-03-2011, 04:44 PM
No you aren't the only one. I realized this awhile back as it seemed to change on me as well. Early this year I told the wife sure you can go to New York the weekend of the 21-23 won't interfere with ECR since its earlier in the month. At some point this summer I realized it had changed.

So, I'm stuck with the little kiddo's all weekend for the first time ever-I'm in trouble. I sure will miss the party in the lower pits.

Don't those kids have some local Grandparents?

nasa-rm
10-03-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm thinking we need to make sure they dress up on Sunday and go trick-r-treating to the various paddock spots.

Alien
10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Looks like it's been Oct 22nd weekend since at least April 10th.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/showthread.php?3594-2011-schedule&highlight=schedule

I'm in, will register soon.

HoustonNW
10-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I am tentative at best for this event. I went to the ER Monday a week ago and was told that I have three bulging discs in my lower back. Started some physical therapy today. Can't lift anything over 8-10 lbs. I'll probably mostly healed by the event, but am scared to re-injure the affected nerves. Also, I'm not supposed to be changing tires, or any or the other fun (read...work) that goes along with actually driving or preparing the car before the event. FML :-(

I'll be your pit crew at the track, owe you that much from last year. Do you think you can drive? Can anyone get the car loaded up for you?

RichardP
10-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm planning on being there with my car doing TT. Anyone want to share a hotel room? I'll have my passenger seat available for friends and family if someone wants a ride...

Richard P.

BryanL
10-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Don't those kids have some local Grandparents?
Yeah, but Grandma doesn't like me racing so she isn't going to do anything that will help me race. Besides she already babysits 2 days a week so I hate to ask for more help. I don't know why my wife doesn't like the idea of me keeping the kids at the track by myself in the trailer? I have always taken it easy at ECR

Fbody383
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't know why my wife doesn't like the idea of me keeping the kids at the track by myself in the trailer? Revkah will be there, that's one adult. Dave is almost an adult; what else does wife want from you?

GlennCMC70
10-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I would be willing to drill some airholes in the trailer for you. No need to center punch for each hole - it's pre-dimpled!

way2neary
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Bryan

Just a thought... Mention to Grandma you're considering taking the kiddos in the car with you, during the race! ;-)

GlennCMC70
10-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Entry list as of today:

Thunder Race Group

23 American Iron David Neary The Woodlands TX Ford Mustang Cobra 1994
28 CMC2 James Proctor Paris TX Chevrolet Camaro - Z28 1993 Tire City - Paris\ Texas
29 American Iron Casey Holdway Cedar Park TX Chevrolet Camaro SS 1997 ToolBreaker Racing
39 CMC2 David Francis Pearland TX Chevrolet Camaro 1994 Orange Is Fast!
48 CMC2 Steve Mulder spring branch TX Chevy Camaro 1995
55 CMC2 Team Jordan Georgetown TX Ford Mustang 2002
67 American Iron Marshall Mosty Denton TX Ford Mustang 1989 Bell Racing\ John Mosty Company
85 CMC2 Wayne Stehle Houston TX Chevrolet Camaro 1998

GlennCMC70
10-04-2011, 09:15 PM
So we still gonna do the same Friday night dinner we always do? Want to move this up to 6:30? or keep it at 7?

marshall_mosty
10-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Yeah, but Grandma doesn't like me racing so she isn't going to do anything that will help me race. Besides she already babysits 2 days a week so I hate to ask for more help. I don't know why my wife doesn't like the idea of me keeping the kids at the track by myself in the trailer? I have always taken it easy at ECR

Bryan,
My 8 year old will be there. Far cry from an adult, as he needs supervision too, but he can help where reasonable. My wife will probably be there with the two younger ones. I'll check with her and see if she can take on two more, at least during day...

AllZWay
10-05-2011, 08:17 AM
So we still gonna do the same Friday night dinner we always do? Want to move this up to 6:30? or keep it at 7?

Do you mean Saturday night?

BTW.. My parents are coming so they will help with the cooking also.

GlennCMC70
10-05-2011, 03:07 PM
No. The traditional Friday night GTG at Sweetie Pie's for some ribeye CFS.

Fbody383
10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
No. The traditional Friday night GTG at Sweetie Pie's for some ribeye CFS. 7:00 may let more of the late stragglers make it. Love me some Sweetie Pies.

Fair warning, I have a Corvette guy coming with me to hang out for the weekend.

GlennCMC70
10-05-2011, 03:49 PM
It was getting packed at 7pm last time. Thats why I asked.

rleng1
10-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Friday night in Decatur, sweetie pies is where it is at.
I'll be there.
Wade, sorry about the back. May need some old man meds.
Don't worry, you can still drive. I'll help Wayne on the pit stuff.
Let's see.....2 chevy dudes working on a Ford. Sounds like an Aggie joke.

nasa-rm
10-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Bryan,
My 8 year old will be there. Far cry from an adult, as he needs supervision too, but he can help where reasonable. My wife will probably be there with the two younger ones. I'll check with her and see if she can take on two more, at least during day...

Are we getting to the point where we need to do like NorCal does and have a drop in child watch? They have games, toys and usually rent a bounce house. We just need to find someone to staff it. It's not an all day thing.... use it while you are on track, in meetings/etc.

David Love AI27
10-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Set my calender at the beginning of the year.... Have fun guys...

Casey_SS
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Are we getting to the point where we need to do like NorCal does and have a drop in child watch? They have games, toys and usually rent a bounce house. We just need to find someone to staff it. It's not an all day thing.... use it while you are on track, in meetings/etc.

Umm - YES please! That would be really, really cool to have as an option, especially now that Mindy and I are both driving.

Fbody383
10-06-2011, 01:25 PM
...especially now that Mindy and I are both driving. Great... I just lost ANOTHER place in the finishing order.

David Love AI27
10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Great... I just lost ANOTHER place in the finishing order.

Last is ALWAYS last...

Fbody383
10-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Last is ALWAYS last... (( looking at Hallett 2011 fast laps )) Uh huh...

I say we move Sweetie Pie's up to miss the crowd... we could start eating around 4?<LOOKING laps fatest ?11 Hallett at>

GlennCMC70
10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I'll be "working" in the local area that Friday, so I may just eat lunch there as well.

marshall_mosty
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Dave,
I personally think that's an AWESOME idea!!

rleng1
10-06-2011, 09:54 PM
So if we get a bouncy house, when Al and Todd get any track time?

marshall_mosty
10-07-2011, 07:23 AM
So, I have to share something funny. I told my wife that NASA Nor Cal had a kiddie play area with a bounce house and that idea was tossed around for our region. Her immediate response was,

"Honey, since your president now, that might not be a good idea with the safety of the bounce house and the liability". My response was, "I'm not the president. That's Dave B.'s gig and I'm sure he's well aware of that type of thing."

I'm just glad she "thinks" I'm the president. Maybe I can get more budget from the appropriations committee?

nasa-rm
10-07-2011, 08:20 AM
So, I have to share something funny. I told my wife that NASA Nor Cal had a kiddie play area with a bounce house and that idea was tossed around for our region. Her immediate response was,

"Honey, since your president now, that might not be a good idea with the safety of the bounce house and the liability". My response was, "I'm not the president. That's Dave B.'s gig and I'm sure he's well aware of that type of thing."

I'm just glad she "thinks" I'm the president. Maybe I can get more budget from the appropriations committee?

You can have the budget for a bounce house. You are the president of all things little kids :).

As far as liability, it'll be fine. Any kids (including Al and Todd) using it must wear a H&N device certified to SFI 38.1 and wear nomex socks. On the other hand, if the Executive Director of NASA has bounce houses at his events - I think we're ok w/the insurance company.

edrock96GT
10-07-2011, 02:21 PM
You can have the budget for a bounce house. You are the president of all things little kids :).

As far as liability, it'll be fine. Any kids (including Al and Todd) using it must wear a H&N device certified to SFI 38.1 and wear nomex socks. On the other hand, if the Executive Director of NASA has bounce houses at his events - I think we're ok w/the insurance company.

Now I gotta figure out how I'm going to steal that on Saturday night.

Rest assured...you will find it in the AI/CMC area on Sunday morning along with the kegerator. :D

David Love AI27
10-07-2011, 04:14 PM
(( looking at Hallett 2011 fast laps )) Uh huh...

I say we move Sweetie Pie's up to miss the crowd... we could start eating around 4?<LOOKING laps fatest ?11 Hallett at>

Last edited by Fbody383; Yesterday at 10:23 PM. Reason: 'Cause old man luv is picking on me... LOL... thats OLD MAN L O V E to you, BOY

Al Fernandez
10-07-2011, 07:19 PM
"Last is ALWAYS last..."
That was hilarious!

I'm for pushing friday night dinner up a little bit. Randy and I are planning on getting there fairly early Friday if all goes well.

Richard, you can always crash on the floor of my RV if you want.

Bryan...there are plenty of quasi adults during the day! Come on out. You too Wade...we'll hang a handicapped sign around your neck and you wont have to lift a finger all weekend.

BryanL
10-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah I would have to think the liablility is less on a bounce house than for 30 idiots running 120 into turn 1. Of course they may not be thinking about Eddie and Michael Mosty in there after a case of Keystone.

I'm glad Marshall thinks an 8 year old is good to watch my 4 and 1 year old. I'm guessing this is the same one that I cracked his skull one night?

I'll definitely miss a chicken fried ribeye.

marshall_mosty
10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah I would have to think the liablility is less on a bounce house than for 30 idiots running 120 into turn 1. Of course they may not be thinking about Eddie and Michael Mosty in there after a case of Keystone.

I'm glad Marshall thinks an 8 year old is good to watch my 4 and 1 year old. I'm guessing this is the same one that I cracked his skull one night?

I'll definitely miss a chicken fried ribeye.
Bryan,
He's the one. The majority of his "impairment" from the cracked skull wouldn't show itself with your kiddos. Well, unless they go for his food. That's where he gets a bit crazy! :)

marshall_mosty
10-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey, is this thing on??? There hasn't been any activity in about a day.

Casey_SS
10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I don't have anything terribly interesting to contribute at the moment but there is a pretty interesting discussion on the national AI board that's been going the last couple days. If any of the AI guys on here haven't seen it yet, it's worth checking out.

BlueFirePony
10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
...it's worth checking out.
Not IMO...same BS as always. Dominated by posts from "If the rules are not perfect for me I am taking my football home" crowd.

Fbody383
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Meh... i'm not even sure the car will survive the weekend; but I will have fun finding out.

- *losing* to CMC2 cars since 2008, and having an F'in blast doing so. Think of it more as hands on education...

Casey_SS
10-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Not IMO...same BS as always. Dominated by posts from "If the rules are not perfect for me I am taking my football home" crowd.

I didn't mean to suggest any of us would actually agree with any of the silly crap being posted, merely that it could substitute as a crude form of entertainment during the lull on this forum :)

BlueFirePony
10-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I didn't mean to suggest any of us would actually agree with any of the silly crap being posted, merely that it could substitute as a crude form of entertainment during the lull on this forum :)
I was pretty sure that was your intention Casey...you are too even keeled a guy to take that stuff seriously I am sure
I'm behind on my posts here and that was the best I could come up with. ;)
I guess dropping by the Nats forum did get me a new sig prompted by a comment from Misty - and no, I did not take it personally - nor Marshall's comment..they are factual and hence the new sig. I get a shit load of fun out of this hobby BECAUSE of all of you - not in spite of you...same might or might not be true if I lived in another region.

Now if the AI braintrust institutes a 107% rule, well then I might get a bit anxious....

GlennCMC70
10-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I was pretty sure that was your intention Casey...you are too even keeled a guy to take that stuff seriously I am sure
I'm behind on my posts here and that was the best I could come up with. ;)
I guess dropping by the Nats forum did get me a new sig prompted by a comment from Misty - and no, I did not take it personally - nor Marshall's comment..they are factual and hence the new sig. I get a shit load of fun out of this hobby BECAUSE of all of you - not in spite of you...same might or might not be true if I lived in another region.

Now if the AI braintrust institutes a 107% rule, well then I might get a bit anxious....

I would not put much value in her opinion regarding you. She never did any better when she was running w/ us. Seems these days she has a little MFW in her. (pun intended).

rpoz27
10-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I would not put much value in her opinion regarding you. She never did any better when she was running w/ us. Seems these days she has a little MFW in her. (pun intended).

Actually, I quite like Brian! He's a good guy, intelligent, and funny. What I stated was not a denigration of Calder and, yes, I was a mid to back packer with y'all.

Glenn - Why, whenever I post something, do you take it as a personal mission to insult me or try to put me in my place, but at the track you get butt hurt if I don't run over to acknowledge you? Usually, I ignore it. However, I don't appreciate you bringing my husband into this in a negative way. What he and I do or don't do is absolutely none of your business and I would never presume to insult your wife or kids in any manner. I expected better of you.

cjlmlml
10-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Misty,

that took 2 hours and 9 minutes, you must be slacking.

GlennCMC70
10-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Actually, I quite like Brian! He's a good guy, intelligent, and funny. What I stated was not a denigration of Calder and, yes, I was a mid to back packer with y'all.

Glenn - Why, whenever I post something, do you take it as a personal mission to insult me or try to put me in my place, but at the track you get butt hurt if I don't run over to acknowledge you? Usually, I ignore it. However, I don't appreciate you bringing my husband into this in a negative way. What he and I do or don't do is absolutely none of your business and I would never presume to insult your wife or kids in any manner. I expected better of you.

Sorry. Figured you could take a joke.
I never said you didn’t like Brian.
I have no goal to insult you. I think you are a great person. I have noticed a difference in your personality as of late (last couple of years). That is likely the reason you seem to think I'm attacking you. I am simply responding to the negative attitude you seem to be projecting more and more frequently.
If you don't come over and talk w/ me - that is fine. I didn't realize you were doing so because you though I needed it. I don’t. I was merely being social.
My point was more about your public opinion of Brian in the AI rules thread. Very seldom does anyone say a negative word about you and your driving skills. I found it odd that you (of all people) should comment on someone else’s ability. Just as my comment was out of line (and I knew it when I did it), so was yours. That could have been left to a one-on-one w/ Marshall. Give them credit for trying (to prove Todd made a mistake) instead of bashing their efforts w/ limited resources.

Again, sorry if you were offended by my jab.

BlueFirePony
10-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Looks like we need a family meeting over beer and BBQ :)Speaking of, and back on topic...we doing the big BBQ or just our group...it'll make a difference on what I buy next week and definately how much.

David Love AI27
10-14-2011, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=GlennCMC70;55985]Sorry. Figured you could take a joke.
QUOTE]

YOU CAN'T, WHY SHOULD YOU EXPECT ANYONE ELSE TO TAKE ONE??????????

GlennCMC70
10-14-2011, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=GlennCMC70;55985]Sorry. Figured you could take a joke.
QUOTE]

Let me know when you have told one.

David Love AI27
10-14-2011, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=David Love AI27;55987]

8-)

Rob Liebbe
10-14-2011, 01:35 PM
QUOTE=David Love AI27;55987]
http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/showthread.php?p=55985#post55985)
Sorry. Figured you could take a joke.
QUOTE]

It's funny when chicks fight.

nasa-rm
10-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Looks like we need a family meeting over beer and BBQ :)Speaking of, and back on topic...we doing the big BBQ or just our group...it'll make a difference on what I buy next week and definately how much.

Brian... here's the plan.

Sounds like Friday night is sweetie pies.

Saturday night, NASA is providing burgers, brats and beer. We just need AI/CMC to cook.

If anyone is up for adding brisket to the "B" list foods, let me know know now and I'll account for that. I think we will need four 11-12lb briskets.

BlueFirePony
10-14-2011, 06:11 PM
tsk tsk...Brisket is NEVER on the "B" list - strictly A-list all the way along with Randy's tri-tip and Franks spicy sausage ;)

I'm fine with anyone else grilling...I do an all day (night) BBQ for the family and friends 20-30 times a year so I am completely fine just being an eater. I will say though that grilling is to BBQ as my racing is to AI/CMC - middle of the pack :cool:

marshall_mosty
10-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I will say though that grilling is to BBQ as my racing is to AI/CMC - middle of the pack :cool:
There was a joke.... Right there.... Read it.... Go Brian.... ROTFLMOA! :)

rleng1
10-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Dude,your BBQ is a podium finish.

Chick fight, chick fight!!! Lmao

GlennCMC70
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM
The schedule - for now.

Preliminary

Saturday October 22, 2011

Start ET*
8:00 AM Mandatory HPDE/TT Meeting @ Cafeteria

8:00 AM 0:20 Blitz and Thunder Warm Up
8:20 AM 0:20 Lightning and Cyclone Warm Up
8:40 AM 0:20 HPDE4/TT
9:05 AM 0:20 HPDE1/2/3
9:25 AM 0:15 Thunder Qualifying
9:40 AM 0:15 Blitz Qualifying
9:55 AM 0:20 HPDE4/TT
10:25 AM 0:15 Cyclone Qualifying
10:40 AM 0:15 Lightning Qualifying
10:55 AM 0:25 Thunder Race 1
11:20 AM 0:25 Blitz Race 1
11:45 AM 0:20 HPDE1/2/3

12:05 PM 0:50 Lunch

12:55 PM 0:25 Cyclone Race 1
1:20 PM 0:25 Lightning Race 1
1:45 PM 0:20 HPDE4/TT
2:10 PM 0:20 HPDE3
2:30 PM 0:20 Thunder Race 2 (class invert from results R1)
2:50 PM 0:20 HPDE1/2
3:10 PM 0:20 Blitz Race 2 (grid from results R1)
3:40 PM 0:20 Cyclone Race 2 (grid from results R1)
4:00 PM 0:20 Lightning Race 2 (grid from results R1)
4:20 PM 0:20 HPDE4/TT
4:50 PM 0:20 HPDE3
5:10 PM 0:20 HPDE1/2

Sunday October 23rd, 2011

Start ET*
8:00 AM Mandatory HPDE 1-3 Meeting @ Cafeteria

8:00 AM 0:20 HPDE4/TT
8:20 AM 0:15 Lightning Qualifying
8:35 AM 0:15 Blitz Qualifying
8:55 AM 0:20 HPDE1/2/3
9:15 AM 0:15 Thunder Qualifying
9:30 AM 0:15 Cyclone Qualifying
9:45 AM 0:20 HPDE4/TT
10:10 AM 0:20 HPDE3
10:30 AM 0:20 HPDE1/2
10:50 AM 0:25 Lightning Race 3 (grid from Sun Qual)
11:20 AM 0:25 Blitz Race 3 (grid from Sun Qual)

11:45 AM 0:50 Lunch

12:35 PM 0:20 HPDE4/TT
12:55 PM 0:25 Thunder Race 3 (grid from Sun Qual)
1:25 PM 0:20 HPDE3
1:45 PM 0:20 HPDE1/2
2:05 PM 0:40 Cyclone Race 3 (grid from Sun Qual)
2:50 PM 0:20 HPDE4/TT
3:10 PM 0:20 Lightning Race 4 (grid from R3)
3:30 PM 0:20 Blitz Race 4 (grid from R3)
3:55 PM 0:20 Thunder Race 4 (class invert from R3)
4:15 PM 0:20 HPDE3
4:35 PM 0:20 HPDE1/2

marshall_mosty
10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Okay guys. Here's the sign-up list as of 10:00am today.

I know some folks are planning on coming, but obviously haven't registered... (Calder!!!)

American Iron
Casey Holdway
Marshall Mosty
Dave Neary
Frank Robertson
Eddie Rock

CMC-2
Randy English
Dave Francis
Team Jordan
Michael Mosty
Steve Mulder
James Proctor
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle

With 13 total cars (14 counting Calder), there is a very good chance of being combined with another group. Right now it looks like we might be combined with Blitz (ST/GTS). There would be a split start to ensure we have good gap between classes (at least at the beginning).

I think our awareness of each other has improved greatly and hope that we can "share" the track with our fellow racers, in the event that a combination is necessary.

Thoughts?

nasa-rm
10-18-2011, 10:03 AM
For reference, Blitz has 9 cars....

The plan would be for races #2 and #4, our non-tire races.

Fbody383
10-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I think their awareness of others has improved sufficiently that they can "share" the track with fellow racers, in the event that a combination is necessary.

Thoughts?Is that too much of a poke in the eye?

I don't mind running with another group as long as we have a drivers meeting prior to the session and it's clear the group directors are on the same page. I need the practice for Daytona anyway.

marshall_mosty
10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Is that too much of a poke in the eye?

Don't twist my words sir... :)

AllZWay
10-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Based on previous history with that group... I am not too much in favor, but that being said... I will race anyone anywhere anytime. :D

marshall_mosty
10-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Just consider it a "challenge"...

edrock96GT
10-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I think our awareness of each other has improved greatly and hope that we can "share" the track with our fellow racers, in the event that a combination is necessary.

Thoughts?

Pros= 1. A fun opportunity to pit yourself and your car against a larger assortment of cars (not for position of course, but just to know that you can go faster than a ___).
2. More traffic to try to work through.

Cons= 1. Last chance to earn points for the season may push people to drive a little harder than they should around new/different cars and drivers.
2. More traffic to try to work through.

Either way, I'm up for whatever. Could be fun. :)

GlennCMC70
10-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Myself, I would like to see all the class's run together in one last race of the year for 30-40 minutes on Sunday. Invert based on the fastest qual time of the two days. King of the Hill!

nasa-rm
10-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Myself, I would like to see all the class's run together in one last race of the year for 30-40 minutes on Sunday. Invert based on the fastest qual time of the two days. King of the Hill!

We will hold that one off for Nov TWS. Just all part of the fun for that weekend. Of course for that, it'll be Australian pursuit format. Inverted and spaced based off you fast lap time. Figure PTF Brewer gets a 2 lap head start over the ST1 cars. They need to un-lap themselves twice and catch him over that 35 or 40 minutes.

Our closest finish to a race like that was .018 seconds with an 2nd to last starting ASC stock car unlapping himself from a front runner 944Spec. It was a photo finish.

michaelmosty
10-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Who is on going but hasn't signed up? I'd love to see our normal 20+ count so we can get our own run group and not have to worry about the other classes. Everyone get signed up!!!!

kbrewmr2
10-18-2011, 03:41 PM
We will hold that one off for Nov TWS. Just all part of the fun for that weekend. Of course for that, it'll be Australian pursuit format. Inverted and spaced based off you fast lap time. Figure PTF Dontato, Travis, or Tony gets a 2 lap head start over the ST1 cars. They need to un-lap themselves twice and catch him over that 35 or 40 minutes.
fixed - and someone tell them I said that too ;)

I'm in for that - sounds fun.

BlueFirePony
10-18-2011, 06:34 PM
... (Calder!!!)

Done

nasa-rm
10-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Time to pull the trigger. I really would have preferred to have the schedule out on Sunday night, so this is as far as I can push it waiting for more sign ups.

It'll be combined for R2 and R4.

And it will work out just fine as we will be proactive in making it work. Just like when I combined 45+ cars from Thunder and Lightning at High Plains this past August. Yep, CMC, AI, Spec Miata, 944Spec, PT and Legends cars all sharing a race track - for a points race. And not one problem except the 2 (in class!!!) CMC cars involving a punt.

michaelmosty
10-19-2011, 09:12 AM
As long as there are not any Ferrari's or Stock Cars in the group. I think you have to remove your brain before you race one of them.

Fbody383
10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Enzo avrÃ* la testa!

kbrewmr2
10-19-2011, 01:07 PM
As long as there are not any Ferrari's or Stock Cars in the group. I think you have to remove your brain before you race one of them.
first rule of Italian driving - That which is behind you does not ah mattah!

rpoz27
10-19-2011, 05:13 PM

don't forget silver and black camaro's! ;)

GlennCMC70
10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
don't forget silver and black camaro's! ;)

Thanks Matt.
I say Matt, cause this same user ID just said "..... my SN-99 ....." on another forum your banned from.