PDA

View Full Version : NASA Nationals - those watching but not racing

michaelmosty
03-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I wanted to get an idea of who might be going to the nationals as a spectator only.
I talked to Mid-Ohio and the "weekend spectator fee" is $25.
the "weekend tent fee" is $25.
the "weekend mobile living fee" is $50.

Please note if you are planning on flying or driving and when you were thinking of leaving.

Adam Ginsberg
03-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Along these lines.....if someone is planning to attend as a spectator, they are welcome to travel with me to Mid-O. The only requirement is they help drive there and back. ;)

michaelmosty
03-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Adam,
What are your planned departure dates?

Adam Ginsberg
03-24-2006, 02:41 PM
I'll only be able to attend Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. The plan is to leave early, early, early on Wed, arrive late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning, then leave Sunday after our racing is done, and be home on Monday.

If that works for you, please let me know. I don't want to do this trip without a co-driver for the tow vehicle.

According to Yahoo maps (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=632+Aspen+Way&taddr=7721+Steam+Corners+Road&csz=Flower+Mound%2C+TX&country=us&tcsz=Lexington%2C+OH&tcountry=us), it's ~1160mi/18 hours one way. The preference is to drive it non-stop, except for gas and potty breaks, same as LT and I did for OTC '04.

j3ffbrooks
03-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Adam,

If my life partner doesn't need me to drive with him, I'll ride/drive with you. Keep me in mind when you start your auditions.

Jeff

MikeP99Z
03-25-2006, 01:13 AM
I considered being a participant, but I've been reduced to a likely spectator.

macstang
03-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Micah and I will be going also. we will be taking both his car and mine, so we would welcome anyone that would want to share some driving with us.

Bull may be going too, same deal there.

David Love AI27
03-26-2006, 11:05 PM
LiiR may attend and bring popup and tent. might setup AI/CMCTexas hospitality headquarters... will follow up with more info. I may turn over driving to amber and jason if someone needs co-driver for car hauler.

Todd Covini
03-28-2006, 11:37 PM
I may be taking auditions as well for co-driver if I trailer up. Tentative plan, subject to change would be to leave the weekend before. I need at least a day of track time early in the week to learn the place...I'm a slow learner.

-=- Todd

AI#97
03-29-2006, 03:30 PM
...I'm a slow learner.

-=- Todd

Or slow in general?!! Need the stickpoke smiley......or a picture of todd's head on a punching bag. :lol:

Anyone else want to toss up some beach balls for us to swing at? :D

macstang
03-29-2006, 05:05 PM
We may also be leaving earlier in the week to get some track time. I foresee taking a bunch of saved up leave for this trip. I really hope I dont have to drive alone.....