PDA

View Full Version : For the record

David Love AI27
10-27-2011, 02:06 PM
All this talk about the 3 car is BS. I have NEVER had an entry in my log book stating that there is ANYTHING illegal with the car.
I have had NUMEROUS discussions about my battery/coolsuit bracket and was told by two officials that I needed to be prepared to remove it at anytime. NO official actually declared it illegal in accordance with the CCR. Glenn "claims" there is foam in my fuel tank. He brought it up last year and I checked it out and and have no reason to believe that there is any. AGAIN, no official action was taken but I followed up on it anyway. My chin spoiler (splitter) has been mentioned but AGAIN no official action has been taken. The spoiler has supports that prevent it from folding under the car. Originally the supports maintained the factory shape. Prior to TWS, I had an off that damaged the supports and tore the spoiler from its original mounting holes. For the new supports to be effective they push the bottom of the spoiler out beyond the OEM configuration. The CCR states that in some cases, the officals could approve this. How would you like to be called a cheater without any action being taken? EVERY time I have had an entry in a log book I have resolved the issue and been approved to race. Did I race and allow Jason to race in a car that COULD be considered illegal? YES. I am not going to sit on the sidelines just because people have it out for Jeff Burch. It has been mentioned that he found loopholes. Are loopholes ILLEGAL? Am I the only one who feels that this is unfair? Thanks for the calls and PMs.

GlennCMC70
10-27-2011, 03:13 PM
David - I see no error's in your above post.
I need to know which CCR rule you are refering to.

Please call me.

817-350-3542. Same number that is on the last page of the CMC rules.

David Love AI27
10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Sorry, Class rules not CCR, my bad...

I did not consider the supports a modification of the overall design, however after it was torn loose it did become distorted with the new supports. Either way I guess it could be considered a modification (a gray area) and had I thought it an issue then I would have reported it for approval in accordance with Class Rule 7.1. Since I have never seen an original spoiler I don't know for sure if the supports, that were on the car when I purchased it, ever altered the appearance or performance. I do know, however, that when I repaired the damage, my supports caused it to stick out farther than before because the mounting holes were torn. When I bought the car it had a clear log book and I have made no modifications to the car other than repair damage.

GlennCMC70
10-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Thus the reason the conversation went down like it did face to face.
"That does not look like the other two 3rd gen's here."
"Please take a look at it in the off season since there is a rules change for 2012 (affecting the Fords alot!) and this area is likely to be looked at very heavily by series officials and fellow racers in 2012."
"I'm just trying to give you a heads up. Plenty of notice to look into it and collect data to back it up if that is OEM."
I told you I didn't think you were cheating there when we talked.

I still need you yo call me please.

Alien
10-27-2011, 05:29 PM
David, please look at this from someone else's point of view. The chin spoiler FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS NO CLUE ABOUT THIRD GENS does look like it sticks out a LOT, as in inches.

Now, as someone who does know about third gens, it's up to them to inform the uninformed. I'm sorry, but I don't expect anyone, even the directors, to know everything about all the make and models and submodels that are allowed in this series. This includes some drivers about their own cars.

My PM to Glenn shortly after TWS.

Glenn, I forgot to get with you in regards to the #3 front spoiler.

There were (at least) 3 different gfx packages, I think they are as follows...

82-84, very flat/straight down.

85-90, like mine that angles forward a bit, is lower then the 82-84, with no 'scoops' on the side gfx and front gfx.

91-92, like Loves, NickV and NickR with the 'scoops' and is angled out even further and a tiny bit lower than the 85-90. I know NickV's has been very abused loading and unloading off the trailer. It gets folder back and cracked. His is now almost at the same angle as mine.

Here's a picture what a clean, stock '92 gfx looks like...
http://www.austinthirdgen.org/gallery/d/6305-2/DSC_0022.jpg

I think the Love's is pushed forward a bit over stock, maybe 1/2"?, but not as much as it first appears.

Just an FYI to keep you informed.

Now RELAX aleady!

David Love AI27
10-27-2011, 06:54 PM
"Please take a look at it in the off season since there is a rules change for 2012 (affecting the Fords alot!) and this area is likely to be looked at very heavily by series officials and fellow racers in 2012."

Due to the fact that it was/is modified with the use of non-OEM supports is an issue even with the current rules. If Jason decides to run again in CMC, we will get the supports approved and noted in the log book.

There is no telling how many big and small modifications have been made to the 3 car and which ones did or did not need to be approved or disapproved. I'm just sayin' that I'm not a cheater, period. I don't know the rules well enough to cheat and I'm not going to add or remove anything to or from the car unless I am told to. I totally respect Gary R's knowledge of 3rd Gens and if he told me something was wrong with my car, then I would believe him.

Glenn, none of this is not directed AT you. I mention you specifically because:
a) You have known this car longer than I have
b) You have known the previous owner longer than I have
c) You know the rules better than I do
d) You enforce the rules

AllZWay
10-27-2011, 08:38 PM
David... Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see anyone nor did I ever hear anyone say you were cheating.

Why are you so worked up?

David Love AI27
10-27-2011, 09:02 PM
David... Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see anyone nor did I ever hear anyone say you were cheating.

Why are you so worked up?

Behind the scenes BS... been going on ever since I bought the car... I backed off the forum and the track for a long time thinking things would change...

No big deal... Jason is young and doesn't really care as long as he gets to race... I on the other hand have a lot of pride, too much some would say...

GlennCMC70
10-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Behind the scenes BS...
Must be some scenes even I can't see. Everything has happened right here.
Like JP said, not a single person has called you a cheater.
I've said my say. The next time I talk about this, will be on the phone or in person w/ David.

Nick
10-28-2011, 06:07 AM
91-92, like Loves, NickV and NickR with the 'scoops' and is angled out even further and a tiny bit lower than the 85-90...

No big deal.. but I've got 82-84 sides with 85-90 front on the red car. I did have 91-92 on the white car all around.