PDA

View Full Version : 2011 AI/CMC Awards - Give us your input!

GlennCMC70
10-27-2011, 04:33 PM
If you want to nominate someone for one of the specialty awards, please contact me via email or PM.
Things like:
Wife of the Year, Crew Chief of the Year, Most Improved..... stuff like that.
Ideas for new awards are welcome too. It is your banquet, make it fun for you.

BlueFirePony
10-27-2011, 05:02 PM
If I have ANY friends in this crowd, I will NOT win the Golden Helmet award again...this one hurt and I do not need the reminder all year long...Glenn I am in town next week so let's find a time/place to meet up and I can give it back.

Crumpacker
10-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Calder for golden helmet.

oh, we're supposed to email or pm...

jdlingle
10-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Whats the golden helmet for?

Fbody383
10-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Whats the golden helmet for?You mean THIS year?

Last year it was for trying to climb over the hay at Hallett... wait, is this a PM?

Did anybody have a start in all four classes?

BlueFirePony
10-28-2011, 12:56 PM
While I never contemplated sending 30 seperate PMs pleading my case I was pretty sure I was doomed the second I posted...though I expected DF to be first.How about the golden helmet goes to the driver this year with the best lap time improvement since last year? Not sure how to adjust for weather, track differences etc but it pretty much would exclude me so I'd be ok with it ;)

David Love AI27
10-28-2011, 01:56 PM
You mean THIS year?

Last year it was for trying to climb over the hay at Hallett... wait, is this a PM?

Did anybody have a start in all four classes?

I had 1 start... spent most of the time doing circles in the wet grass.... still won the race... 1st of 1... LOL

Mosy memorable moment of the season was getting a physical from Dr. Frank behind his RV at Hallett...
I do believe I heard Mrs. Dr. Frank murmer something about the chance that his malpractice insurance might get canceled...

Dr. Frank: "Can you see the blue trailer over there?"
Me: "No, but I see a blue port-a-can next to a red trailer"
Dr. Frank: "Well, you just passed the vision test"
Mrs. Dr. Frank: (don't know her exact words, but it sounded like) "I'm not sure I want to witness this"

The only part that caused him to hesitate was the section dealing with drugs and alcohol... you could tell by the look on his face that he was already screwed so he litterally shrugged has shoulders and said "OH, what the heck" and continued on...

marshall_mosty
10-28-2011, 04:10 PM
...you could tell by the look on his face that he was already screwed so he litterally shrugged has shoulders and said "OH, what the heck" and continued on...

The really funny thing is I can litterally picture in my head Frank shrugging his shoulders, turning his palms half up and saying that... :)

cobra132
10-30-2011, 10:26 AM
It's more an art than a science.

Crumpacker
10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Lol

GlennCMC70
11-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Guys - think back through the year and see if you guys can recall a moment that is fitting of the "Golden Helmet" award. And no need to point out the obvious from ECR on Sat. Lets look for something the "Awardee" may find humerous.

Fbody383
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
And no need to point out the obvious from ECR on Sat. Lets look for something the "Awardee" may find humerous. That's right... you all stood there watching and didn't point out the obvious... besides it was off track. Oh, you said Sat.

At least I know how to spell "humorous."

Didn't Sam break 5 transmissions at Hallett and Michael had some funny smelling helmet?

Maybe it should just go to Todd, he actually DROVE a race car this year.

BlueFirePony
11-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Maybe it should just go to Todd, he actually DROVE a race car this year.
I don't think leaving AI/CMC to drive a 944 qualifies as "Going the Distance"...unless you are considering his move out of AI/CMC to be a reward to ...oh......