PDA

View Full Version : Fox CMC cars and the SN-95 front swaybars.

GlennCMC70
12-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Now that the SN-95 front sway bars can be legally mounted to the front of a Fox for use in CMC, I'm looking to perform this mod for free to any TX CMC Fox owner. I'll only do this for one person for free. First come first serve. You must get your car to my house for me to do this. You must provide all parts to perform this mod. I'll provide the material to build the mounts.
Leaving the car w/ me before or after MSR-C would be best for folks who are not local to DFW.

David Love AI27
12-11-2011, 09:26 PM
For you Houston area FOX drivers, I have fabricated mounting plates that move the pivot points inboard 3 to 4 inches and bolt to the existing studs. PM me your cell number and I will text you some pics. I have materials and can build them for you.

Glenn, I can send you pics of my brackets for you approval.

GlennCMC70
12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I would rather just see them at the 1st event and issue a DQ on the spot if they are not legal. Less bickering for me. The abuse I get for being nice is the same for being an ass. May as well be myself and enjoy some of it.

David Love AI27
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I would rather just see them at the 1st event and issue a DQ on the spot if they are not legal. Less bickering for me. The abuse I get for being nice is the same for being an ass. May as well be myself and enjoy some of it.

My FOX body is just a track car (TT) so it will never be subject to CMC rules... Disregard my previous post.. I was just trying to help...

GlennCMC70
12-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Come on!!!! Surely I can dish out 10% of the crap I take from you. My attempts to help are not just that when viewed from your POV. But here you are helping, and expect to be respected for that?

Sendme the pics. I think the common method is to put the mounts under the frame rail, and not to move them in 3-4 inches.

David Love AI27
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
3/8 flat bar... through holes in original location... relocated 2 inches outward... holes drilled and tapped with all-thread welded at top and ground flat to lay flat against frame...

David Love AI27
12-12-2011, 12:47 AM
I think the common method is to put the mounts under the frame rail, and not to move them in 3-4 inches.

You are correct, sir... I meant "move outward" 4 inches overall... under the frame

marshall_mosty
12-12-2011, 07:05 AM
David,
You are 90% there. Now you just need to weld the plate to the frame rail and you're done.

David Love AI27
12-12-2011, 07:42 AM
David,
You are 90% there. Now you just need to weld the plate to the frame rail and you're done.

Wasn"t sure if that was necessary... thanks

marshall_mosty
12-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Wasn"t sure if that was necessary... thanks
Not necessary, but would ensure eons of solid performance and no deflection. If you have the car in the air and a welder handy... Just stitch it up.

David Love AI27
12-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Not necessary, but would ensure eons of solid performance and no deflection. If you have the car in the air and a welder handy... Just stitch it up.

Car has been in the air for two years and my son-in-law bought me a welder last year now all I need is "Welding for Dummies"...

BlueFirePony
12-15-2011, 09:36 AM
now all I need is "Welding for Dummies"...
I'm getting that for Christmas in the form of my brother-in-law teaching me enough to get started. If you find the paperback version let me know ;)

marshall_mosty
12-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Brian,
One weekend that I'm in the shop, stop by. When the body shop my dad used to manage closed down, we got a very nice SnapOn 115V MIG. It's really easy to use so would be good to teach on.

BlueFirePony
12-18-2011, 09:10 PM
I'll keep that in mind - thanks for the offer Marshall!