12-17-2011, 11:24 AM
http://nasaproracing.com/event/1372

Season Opener – MSR Houston January 28th & 29th, 2012

Racing Information

Pricing
1 day - $189
2 day - $299
Transponder - $50/weekend

Preliminary breakdown on race groups is: Thunder (AI/CMC/STR), Lightning (944/PT/HC/E30), and Blitz (GTS/ST/SU). Racers please enter early so that we can properly divide the groups. Remember the racer refund policy - you have nothing to lose.

If you don’t know which class to enter, please refer to the NASA Pro Racing site.

rleng1
12-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Any news on the season pass for those stocking stuffers?

nasa-rm
12-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Any news on the season pass for those stocking stuffers?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get that one pulled off :(. Asked the Nat office and it was decided that it didn't make sense this season.

Maybe I can blame it on Neary. He signed up for everything and then broke too many times :). I don't want to jinx anyone else again.

rleng1
12-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks David for the attempt and thinking outside the box for us racers.
Maybe Neary should have raced a Chevy.
Merry Christmas and have a safe New Year.

Fbody383
12-20-2011, 04:04 PM
With only one CMC class there should be great gobs of racers at the first event... now that i spent $$$ to renew membership, license, and register I better get (at least) a transmission together.

rleng1
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Not to mention a new physical and medical for the old folks (turn head and cough).

michaelmosty
12-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Not to mention a new physical and medical for the old folks (turn head and cough).
Frank would appreciate that everyone take care of this BEFORE the 1st event!!!

David Love AI27
12-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Frank would appreciate that everyone take care of this BEFORE the 1st event!!!

Seems like he made me cough 7 or 8 times at Hallett

kbrewmr2
12-21-2011, 02:06 PM
its CCW for those that didn't click the link yet or read the main board - FYI

rleng1
01-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Why am I seeing David Neary listed in TT?
Let's get signed up......in racing run groups.

marshall_mosty
01-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Dave messed up his motor.... again at TWS in November and the car isn't together. At least, that's the last I heard from him.

kbrewmr2
01-19-2012, 11:19 AM
tough to run in a race group when you're bringing your street car....

nasa-rm
01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Who is missing???

Thunder Race Group

25 CMC John Lingle Hockley TX Ford Mustang 1996 Stryve www.istryve.com
28 CMC James Proctor Paris TX Chevrolet Camaro - Z28 1993 Tire City - Paris\ Texas
29 American Iron Casey Holdway Cedar Park TX Chevrolet Camaro SS 1997 ToolBreaker Racing
30 CMC Benjamin Northrup Cypress TX Pontiac Firebird 1994
32 CMC Gary Robertson Richmond TX Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1986 Witchdoctor Motorsports
34 CMC Wade Zimmer Bryan TX Ford Mustang 1986 TAMSCC
35 CMC Jeff Tilton Cypress TX Ford Mustang 1995
39 CMC David Francis Pearland TX Chevrolet Camaro 1994 Orange Is Fast!
55 CMC Jerry Jordan Georgetown TX Ford Mustang 2002
67 American Iron Marshall Mosty Denton TX Ford Mustang 1989 John Mosty Company
77 CMC Randy English Spring TX Chevrolet Camaro 2000
82 CMC Daniel Allford Houston TX Chevrolet Camero 1993 ARC Specialties
85 CMC Wayne Stehle Houston TX Chevrolet Camaro 1998
95 CMC Morgan Dawdy Austin TX Pontiac Firebird 1995
117 American Iron Jim Dulaney Euless TX Pontiac Firebird 1994 fulcrumaero.com

Wade
01-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Mulder, Valetin, Crumpacker, Wirtz, Kellam, Love's, Reuth, Boudy, Mitch, Glenn, Al! others?!

:-(

marshall_mosty
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Scooby Doo, where are you???
Holdway
Calder
Donovan
Eddie

Known to be out for now
Neary
Robertson
Lyons

GlennCMC70
01-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Mulder, Valetin, Crumpacker, Wirtz, Kellam, Love's, Reuth, Boudy, Mitch, Glenn, Al! others?!

I know Mulder said he was going. He normally pays at the track w/ a check.
Mitch is not running Houston.
I'll not be running much untill the economy gets better. MSR-C is very likely as well as a TWS and Hallett event. Time will tell. Putting a cage in a CMC car would help fund a couple or more CMC race weekends. Anyone need a new cage?

AllZWay
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Michael Mosty is missing... he probably on the offficals list.

Crumpacker
01-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Houston is a no-go for me. :-(

Casey_SS
01-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Scooby Doo, where are you???
Holdway
Calder
Donovan
Eddie

Known to be out for now
Neary
Robertson
Lyons

I've been registered for a while...3rd place on the list. Does that qualify as a podium finish? :)

marshall_mosty
01-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Okay, so I'm blind...

rleng1
01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Sorry David Neary. Hope you get you car together soon.

BlueFirePony
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm out for the first half of the year. MSRH has always been a long shot for me to make - just a busy travel time for me.
My wife and I have a window of opportunity for the company to get on it's feet and we need every available weekend between now and April.
It's also our 25th anniversary this year and we have a couple trips planned in April/May.
So Cresson and TWS are out as well.

*Planning* that things will slide into place and I can make Hallet.

I know some of you have been wondering about the car....many of you have been like brother's and sisters to me so I should at least give an update.....others of you have been...well, like brothers and sisters ;)

BFP is still wounded from ECR and the list of replace/repair is a longer than first thought :( A couple things we found when we got home were that the panhard bar had bent and looks more like a bow now. Rear sway bar is bent beyond use as well...right side exhaust was used as a pole as the car vaulted and other stuff.
The good news is the chassis is good 'n straight....lots of replaceable parts took the brunt of the impact.

Just before Christmas I got the brake mfr to agree to run tests on the material left from the pads (basically just pucks from where the pistons ate through) and backing plate. I hope to hear final analysis in a week or two. They agree anecdotally that it seems that the pads were way overheated...the question remaining is why.

Kyri and I had visually inspected all four corners before each session (independently, I might add) and we both agreed the front and rear pads (which were all new that weekend) were easily 90% remaining on the front before R2 (rears didn't show any wear at all as expected). The EBC Blues I ran at TWS (the only other weekend where I ran the FR500 ABS) wore very steadily through the weekend and that was a hot weekend where I did use the brakes hard.

Anyways, I'll hope to at least try come out to Cresson for Saturday night...have fun, be safe!

David Love AI27
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM

LiiR is out till we can afford to make a car competitive..

jdlingle
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Just before Christmas I got the brake mfr to agree to run tests on the material left from the pads (basically just pucks from where the pistons ate through) and backing plate. I hope to hear final analysis in a week or two. They agree anecdotally that it seems that the pads were way overheated...the question remaining is why.

Kyri and I had visually inspected all four corners before each session (independently, I might add) and we both agreed the front and rear pads (which were all new that weekend) were easily 90% remaining on the front before R2 (rears didn't show any wear at all as expected). The EBC Blues I ran at TWS (the only other weekend where I ran the FR500 ABS) wore very steadily through the weekend and that was a hot weekend where I did use the brakes hard.

Anyways, I'll hope to at least try come out to Cresson for Saturday night...have fun, be safe!

What brand of brake pads were you running that had the issue? EBC?

AllZWay
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Sorry David Neary. Hope you get you car together soon.

No kidding.. Dave you have had a rough time with engines.

ShadowBolt
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm out for the first half of the year. MSRH has always been a long shot for me to make - just a busy travel time for me.
My wife and I have a window of opportunity for the company to get on it's feet and we need every available weekend between now and April.
It's also our 25th anniversary this year and we have a couple trips planned in April/May.
So Cresson and TWS are out as well.

*Planning* that things will slide into place and I can make Hallet.

I know some of you have been wondering about the car....many of you have been like brother's and sisters to me so I should at least give an update.....others of you have been...well, like brothers and sisters ;)

BFP is still wounded from ECR and the list of replace/repair is a longer than first thought :( A couple things we found when we got home were that the panhard bar had bent and looks more like a bow now. Rear sway bar is bent beyond use as well...right side exhaust was used as a pole as the car vaulted and other stuff.
The good news is the chassis is good 'n straight....lots of replaceable parts took the brunt of the impact.

Just as an FYI.

Two years ago I had just installed new pads at Hallett and the motor went bang at the end of Sat. so 1.5 days on the new pads at Hallett. When we went to ECR (skipped TWS in August). I was not worried about pads. JK comes up to me prior to R4 and ask if I was really going to go out there with metal to metal pads. I though he was nutz! Sure enough the pads were completely gone. I had to borry used pads for R4. I would have bet anyone that I had plenty of pad.
Fast forward to last year. I'm now running Wilwod brakes that are twice as thick as the Cobra PBR's. I installed them prior to Hallett and ran the first race with them. We did not finish half a race the rest of the weekend due to shit falling apart on the car (my Hallett curse). Skipped TWS August again and at ECR the brake pads were almost full. Getting ready for the TWS Thanksgiving event I noticed the pads were only maybe 1/8" thick. I tried to get another set from Boudy but he was out. Next I ran TWS. Two of us ran the car (my brother and myself) so the car got double duty since he was in HPDE). I can't tell the pads are any thinner after two of us ran TWS than they were prior to the event. In fact I'm installing spacers and I'm going to run those same pads next weekend. ECR IS HELL ON BRAKES!!!

JJ

BlueFirePony
01-20-2012, 08:54 PM
What brand of brake pads were you running that had the issue? EBC?
At ECR I was running the Mintex Extreme pads I've used for years - always great initial bite, very solid through the braking and usually got 3 full weekends out of them. The EBC Blues were used for the first time at Cresson earlier this year for a few sessions (with a set of Mintex to compare) and then at Hallet with Stock ABS and new rotors and then at TWS with the FR500 ABS - I had high hopes for the EBC's to give good bite and wear longer (they are marketed as an endurance pad) but they did not bite nearly as good as the Mintex and they wore about as fast as Mintex had so I decided to try the Mintex with the FR500 ABS as well at ECR. in 3 laps I wore through 90% of a all the front pads..

To that point...

Just as an FYI.

Two years ago I had just installed new pads at Hallett and the motor went bang at the end of Sat. so 1.5 days on the new pads at Hallett. When we went to ECR (skipped TWS in August). I was not worried about pads. JK comes up to me prior to R4 and ask if I was really going to go out there with metal to metal pads. I though he was nutz! Sure enough the pads were completely gone. I had to borry used pads for R4. I would have bet anyone that I had plenty of pad.
Fast forward to last year. I'm now running Wilwod brakes that are twice as thick as the Cobra PBR's. I installed them prior to Hallett and ran the first race with them. We did not finish half a race the rest of the weekend due to shit falling apart on the car (my Hallett curse). Skipped TWS August again and at ECR the brake pads were almost full. Getting ready for the TWS Thanksgiving event I noticed the pads were only maybe 1/8" thick. I tried to get another set from Boudy but he was out. Next I ran TWS. Two of us ran the car (my brother and myself) so the car got double duty since he was in HPDE). I can't tell the pads are any thinner after two of us ran TWS than they were prior to the event. In fact I'm installing spacers and I'm going to run those same pads next weekend. ECR IS HELL ON BRAKES!!!
JJ

I hear ya Jerry..I've had similar experiences which is why since TWS in 2006 I have been checking my brakes religiously after EVERY session - and I usually have Kyri with me to do a check on my check (as was the case this time).

But 9/10ths of a pad wear in 3 LAPS?!!! There is just no way I will believe I should have expected that type of wear on a pad I have a lot of good experience...especially when they only wore 10% during Practice (yes just bed in time), Qual (7/10s for most of the laps but I did run a 9/10 lap) and then R1 (almost the whole race running 8-9/10s trying to catch Frank).

edrock96GT
01-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Looks like I'm out for this one. Money is just too tight right now.

marshall_mosty
01-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Guys,
Does anyone have any spare size 10.5 shoes. Mine had a blowout. I'm going to attempt a repair. The shoes I ordered from SafeRacer are on backorder and I just wanted to line up an alternative if possible.

AllZWay
01-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Guys,
Does anyone have any spare size 10.5 shoes. Mine had a blowout. I'm going to attempt a repair. The shoes I ordered from SafeRacer are on backorder and I just wanted to line up an alternative if possible.

I think I have 10's...two spare sets. Let me check tonight.

Rob Liebbe
01-24-2012, 09:41 AM
I wear 10.5 and think my racing shoes are as well. I can get them to Al for transport down there if needed.

marshall_mosty
01-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Rob,
If you could send them, that would be great. I got some "shoo goo" and have repaired it the best I could. If it holds, I'll use my shoes, but having spares just in-case is a good thing. Thanks guys.

kbrewmr2
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
I'll throw my spare 11s in my gear bag as well if someone needs them.

Rob Liebbe
01-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Rob,
If you could send them, that would be great. I got some "shoo goo" and have repaired it the best I could. If it holds, I'll use my shoes, but having spares just in-case is a good thing. Thanks guys.

Shoo Goo and some duct tape - par for Texas Tech engineering. ;)

marshall_mosty
01-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Shoo Goo and some duct tape - par for Texas Tech engineering. ;)
:)
Didn't need the duct tape. However Shoo Goo is some pretty good stuff.

Rob Liebbe
01-24-2012, 02:42 PM
:)
Didn't need the duct tape. However Shoo Goo is some pretty good stuff.

Is Shoo Goo fire resistant?

BryanL
01-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Is Shoo Goo fire resistant?

I hate it when I think the same way as Liebbe. Here I had this idea in my head of Marshall due to this post.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/showthread.php?4126-Good-Article-on-Fire-Protection&highlight=fire+protection

Now he is shoe goo and hoping stuff doesn't fall off and kill someone.

Hope everyone has a great weekend down in the armpit of Texas. Hopefully I'll get to see all you losers at Cresson.

MikeP99Z
01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
15.17.6 Shoes
Shoes made of fire resistant material or common cowhide leather are required. Shoes
must cover the entire foot so that there are no exposed areas of skin.

Rob Liebbe
01-24-2012, 04:15 PM
I looked it up - Shoe Goo is good up to 150 degrees F. It might melt out of his shoe and make the pedals slippery. I'll drop my shoes off at Al's this evening.

marshall_mosty
01-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks Rob. Shoo Goo is most likely fire resistant, as in it would not support immediate combustion. So, that would meet the intent of the CCR. However, if it melts out of the shoe, it's no good...

Might try a little experiment with a propane torch tonight just to see what happens.

marshall_mosty
01-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks Rob. Shoo Goo is most likely fire resistant, as in it would not support immediate combustion. So, that would meet the intent of the CCR. However, if it melts out of the shoe, it's no good...

Might try a little experiment with a propane torch tonight just to see what happens.

So, after a little experiment tonight, shoes are trash. The glue will ignite after 3 seconds of exposure. While I'm sure 99.9999% of the time, there won't be a 2000-degree flame on the shoe for three full seconds, I'm going to take Rob or James up on the offer for shoe rental...

I should have my new shoes for Cresson without any issues.

edrock96GT
01-24-2012, 08:59 PM
So, after a little experiment tonight, shoes are trash. The glue will ignite after 3 seconds of exposure. While I'm sure 99.9999% of the time, there won't be a 2000-degree flame on the shoe for three full seconds, I'm going to take Rob or James up on the offer for shoe rental...

I should have my new shoes for Cresson without any issues.

Did you try rivets yet?? :D

David Love AI27
01-25-2012, 12:47 AM
I looked it up -

Of course you did..

David Love AI27
01-25-2012, 12:58 AM
I was supposed to be the starter for this weekend, but stuff happens....

marshall_mosty
01-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Did you try rivets yet?? :D

I even tried lacing it with stainless bailing wire and alas... Nothing. :)

AllZWay
01-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Marshall... I have two spare pairs of shoes. Blue Simpsons 10.5 and Black G-Force 10.5.

So I have you covered.

marshall_mosty
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Marshall... I have two spare pairs of shoes. Blue Simpsons 10.5 and Black G-Force 10.5.

So I have you covered.
Thanks James. Between you and Rob, I can almost wear a different pair for each race. :)

Rob Liebbe
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks James. Between you and Rob, I can almost wear a different pair for each race. :)

My shoes almost won a national championship.

Wade
01-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Your shoes are dusty and covered with cobwebs.

ShadowBolt
01-25-2012, 04:21 PM

Nothing but Net.

Rob who?

JJ

Rob Liebbe
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM

Yep, hell if I hadn't accidentally found them the other day, I wouldn't have known where they were.

Al Fernandez
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Half a day until I head down to the track! Still not too late to thrash something together and come down!!! :) See you guys tomorrow.

Rob Liebbe
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM
I am planning to come down, watch racing, see my friends, drink, etc. but I won't be there until after lunch on Saturday. I'll bring my helmet in case somebody wants to give me a ride. I may bring my street Mustang and give demo rides if "management" wants me too.

kbrewmr2
01-30-2012, 01:22 PM
I am planning to come down, watch racing, see my friends, drink, etc. but I won't be there until after lunch on Saturday. I'll bring my helmet in case somebody wants to give me a ride. I may bring my street Mustang and give demo rides if "management" wants me too.
Why didn't you bring it out in TT and chase David Neary around?

Rob Liebbe
02-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Why didn't you bring it out in TT and chase David Neary around?

Old/hard street tires.

kbrewmr2
02-02-2012, 10:53 AM
so...? Sliding around on street tires sure beats sitting in the stands :) You could've tried to outrun me when I was driving the torqueless wonder ;)